Destiny 2

Dang. I have to agree with him. Obviously, I still play it and get what I want out of it but I think he's spot on myself.

Fair

Agreed, I have not been clicking with the last 2 seasons and it feels like bungie is just finding ways to squeeze more and more cash from its audience (charging for dungeons, seasons and exotics behind a time gated paywall). If this next expansion doesn't grab me hard I'm probably done with this game.

A bad sign for me was how easy it was to quit playing after 2 weeks into this current season, just 0 drive to play it at all.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Agreed, I have not been clicking with the last 2 seasons and it feels like bungie is just finding ways to squeeze more and more cash from its audience (charging for dungeons, seasons and exotics behind a time gated paywall). If this next expansion doesn't grab me hard I'm probably done with this game.

A bad sign for me was how easy it was to quit playing after 2 weeks into this current season, just 0 drive to play it at all.
I've been feeling that way for some time now. I played a little bit when this last major expansion came out and I couldn't be bothered to finish a lot of that season's activities.

like this
So far pretty happy with the content side of things. I have been wondering about the Brays, the Exos, and all the rest of that so it's good to see that get picked up.

Some of the predictions were right and others were dead wrong. I need to recheck the TWAB to make sure I can understand better some of what I'm seeing with some of the weapons I'm using.

I was shocked this first week went as smoothly as it did tech wise...until now. The advent of the new dungeon has a lot of us suddenly snapping to orbit no matter what. Some people have been able to play but plenty of others can't. I bet they have to shut the game down for maintenance before the day is out.

I finally tried the new dungeon and enjoyed it. Less stressful than Duality although the last boss hits pretty hard. Should be a pretty easy farm once I run it a couple more times and get to 1590+.

The seasonal heists are good as well, the increased difficulty is nice but I imagine in a couple weeks I’ll be tired of them.

like this
Just picked up the Witch Queen and Legacy collection someone said that is all you need in the Forums. I doubled up Forsaken but that was the only one I had for the Legacy collection.

like this
Seraph station secret mission: I loved it. Well worth it.

Continued API issues and no DIM is brutal, though.

Seraph station secret mission: I loved it. Well worth it.

Continued API issues and no DIM is brutal, though.
Ya it was a good mission. It gives a taste of deep stone crypt to those that never ran it.

Having the API down for the launch of Spire and now down again for another week is tough to deal with. The game is almost unplayable with multiple characters and no API unless you know exactly what loadout you need going into an activity and don’t forget anything.

like this
Jumped on after taking a break for several months, and my god the pvp sandbox is horrible. This has to be worst I can recall since stasis was introduced.

like this

This is exactly right.

Destiny 2 is one of a number of MMO ish games running on these ancient game engines and it's not tenable. This game engine goes back to friggin' Halo for cripes sake. They are overdue to move on to a "Destiny 3" on a new game engine and I fear the chickens are coming home to roost. Adding MORE content with Lightfall? Good luck.

I refunded all the DLC I bought because it I played the game and it Hard crashed my PC a few weeks ago.

Good summary of all the changes coming with Lightfall tomorrow February 28.

Jeez I forgot they were still cranking out Destiny 2 content. This is definitely heading into old school MMO territory with the lack of a true sequel. I loved the game for the first couple years it was out, but things got tired. That's the knock on continuing to pile content on top of an existing game vs. starting anew. No matter what you do with it, it's still that same game at the core of things.

I got into Witch Queen late, played hard for about 6 months and did a lot of Kings Fall and the dungeons. It was fun, but I need a break again. I either go into Destiny 100% or don’t play it at all, I feel too much FOMO if I play it casually.

I didnt play Witch Queen, so I just purchased Witch Queen and Lightfall to catch up. I am not seeing the Witch Queen missions and it wants me to start Lightfall. Anyone know to get Witch Queen missions to show?

Few missions into campaign. Not really into this one like with Witch Queen. Intro cutscene was fun, but after that not having fun. Going to keep pressing on to see how it plays out but ya, not liking the new content.

Some of the game design changes are nice with the mods. Also like the new guns I have found so far.

Few missions into campaign. Not really into this one like with Witch Queen. Intro cutscene was fun, but after that not having fun. Going to keep pressing on to see how it plays out but ya, not liking the new content.

Some of the game design changes are nice with the mods. Also like the new guns I have found so far.

I'm just not feeling it. Feels like a Cyberpunk Season of Opulence. Very much dislike the build changes. Seems very generic now.

I like the mod changes quite a bit, but find the story falling dreadfully flat. The overeager point of contact, angry quest NPC, just not meshing with it very much. I read all of the lore, watch many lore vids, and am only vaguely interested in the story beats here as it seems intended to draw out what would probably be a short idea. All form, no substance.

And as with the last few seasons of villians, it seems that they never give the villian time to develop - time to have the chance to be come threatening - we just get told they are threatening (oh no, its this guy!), then get told we are keeping on their heels (things are getting bad, but as long as we blow up this doohickey, we are good). To build missions where we randomly jump into ships and blow up generators and restart manual overrides.

This feels like season 5 of Witch queen. The main story feels seasonal-quality, with seasonal quality story lines falling off immensely in the last 2-3 iterations.

like this
I like the mod changes quite a bit, but find the story falling dreadfully flat. The overeager point of contact, angry quest NPC, just not meshing with it very much. I read all of the lore, watch many lore vids, and am only vaguely interested in the story beats here as it seems intended to draw out what would probably be a short idea. All form, no substance.

And as with the last few seasons of villians, it seems that they never give the villian time to develop - time to have the chance to be come threatening - we just get told they are threatening (oh no, its this guy!), then get told we are keeping on their heels (things are getting bad, but as long as we blow up this doohickey, we are good). To build missions where we randomly jump into ships and blow up generators and restart manual overrides.

This feels like season 5 of Witch queen. The main story feels seasonal-quality, with seasonal quality story lines falling off immensely in the last 2-3 iterations.

Feels like a Season story. Absolutely. And not a very good one. I mean, compare this to Forsaken, or even Shadowkeep. This feels like a third of those, at best.

Subpar narrative. Frankly, I think the story started to jump the rails a while back.

It's more of the same with some new wrinkles here and there. I'm underwhelmed by Strand so far. Overall I like what I'm doing with some of it but I think after this coming year it's time to get ready for Destiny 3 from top to bottom or something else. It's overdue to reassess.

Sony bought Bungie.

I saw what their influence and backing on Guerrilla Games did for the Horizon Zero games. Something like that needs to happen here. I was one of those people that thought it was good news when Bungie left Activision and hindsight has shown that to not be the case.

I think there is some over-iteration of some concepts and I don't even get the point of the power grind anymore with the current setup. You come in underpowered deliberately into a lot of things. Some of the things they have done I expect to be walked back. We have seen that happen before.

Bungie has a selective hearing with its fans. Sometimes it's like they do the opposite. There are some good reasons a lot of people have stubbornly stayed on Destiny 1.

Overall it's good and I get what I want from it but I can see that the entire thing is running out of road.

Last edited:
Forcing the power levels is just the most tonedeaf Division 1 mistake for endgame and it's silly. Sure, contest mode for day 1 raids. But otherwise, gate it appropriately by putting thought into developing power levels, instead of just force feeding us identical experiences.

Many in my clan - day 1 raid clearers all of them, had a rough time with solo legendary on the final mission. And its understandable. Game basically forces you into a strat they want you to use, at the exact power/damage resistance for everyone. No one could build around it by leveling more, nor do they allow you to have a meaningful alternate answer for the difficult new enemy because strand simply wins rock paper scissors with it.

I honestly don't play this game much anymore. Each season might get 1-3 days out of me, if even that. 2200hrs in this game over the last several years. Lets face it, the game is designed to be a money suck; just compelling enough to keep around, with Eververse there to help you sooth your disappointment with shiny things. The gameplay can be fun, so when I'm bored I come back and see if there is anything interesting, but the grind, recycled activities and punishment of solo players always drives me away again.

Bungie is quite capable of coming up with a good story arc, but they are shit at actually telling it. They are trying everything they can to keep this game alive because it's printing money for them. At least we can finally save builds... 5 years in. Better late than never.

like this
I honestly don't play this game much anymore. Each season might get 1-3 days out of me, if even that. 2200hrs in this game over the last several years. Lets face it, the game is designed to be a money suck; just compelling enough to keep around, with Eververse there to help you sooth your disappointment with shiny things. The gameplay can be fun, so when I'm bored I come back and see if there is anything interesting, but the grind, recycled activities and punishment of solo players always drives me away again.

Bungie is quite capable of coming up with a good story arc, but they are shit at actually telling it. They are trying everything they can to keep this game alive because it's printing money for them. At least we can finally save builds... 5 years in. Better late than never.
Outside of the expansions once a year, Bungie never got anything out of me. Very little from the Eververse store appealed to me. Most of Bungie's armor and weapon skin designs, or vanity items are hideous. At this point I've got 3,000 hours in the game and I haven't bought the latest expansion and I'm not planning to.

Finished up the campaign. Probably the worst one they have done, imo. Just didn't have any fun and only got through it in some effort for some payoff.
Zero impact felt
Nothing ever explained. We have this new villain who is 'bad', don't know why but trust us hes bad. Ya ok. Visually The Witness is awesome.
Game is nothing but go fetch the mcguffin. Don't know what it is, or does but go get it. Then the mcguffin does something, but what, I have no idea.
Mission design was rage inspiring. I had to quit a few times during the missions because some throw so much at you and have terrible checkpoints.

Zero emotions from the characters, events, deaths, or actions.
Callus and The Witness, great voice acting, and great to see them on the screen.
The overall story, nothing really happens. There something that might have some impact but its just assumed and all of the NPCs are sad, but I couldn't tell you what that something was. Its just a setup for the next one, which probably won't have much happen. Feels very much like a season update.

New content is meh. World events, too grindy to get full loot. Repeat of old world events. New zone is visually nice but terrible to navigate. Constantly need to worry about falling off or getting caught on terrain. Also the new zone population is so bad, can't do events because theres not enough people around. Have to try and refresh it so you get put in a zone with people.

Mod changes are mixed. Like some of the changes as it streamlined stuff like champion mods.

Might be my last one and just watch summary videos for the next. Really do like the combat and gunplay of the game but for me, this game is just becoming tiresome. Ok, thats enough rambling.

Really do like the combat and gunplay of the game but for me, this game is just becoming tiresome. Ok, thats enough rambling.
This. There really isn't anything else like it. However, it gets repetitive over time. If you've played the game for years you already know what the gameplay loop is like and frankly, it's worse than ever. The constant grind for light season after season is tiresome. The whole pinnacle gear mechanic is even worse. It's agonizing to grind out those last ten light levels to the hard cap for your gear.

It's agonizing to grind out those last ten light levels to the hard cap for your gear.

I just don't do it anymore. I have not ground pinnacles or even done the raids since Garden of Salvation. I hate raiding. I'm always LFG with a bunch of try hard e sport Andy's and it just sucks the fun out. That and I got my fill of puzzles from Garden. I have zero motivation at all to do the raids anymore, let alone GMs. I max out my season passes and run some legend lost sectors, grind a few craftable weapons - but absolutely not all of them. That's enough for me. About 6/10ths of the game is fun, when the story is good. This story is garbage. That said, my favorite part of the game is builds and chasing fun builds for my characters. Every season had some ridiculous fun builds and I'd love setting it up and playing it. Now...no more builds, really. That is probably what will make this my last expansion.

For example, I had ridiculous fun last season with a Titan glaive build. It's not viable at all, now. That's just lame. Build variety should never go away, from season to season.

Last edited:
Good back and forth so to speak. I think a lot of us are on the same page.

IGN gave Lightfall a 5/10 and the writer is a pretty big Destiny fan so it wasn't some throw away grudge job. I think if Lightfall had been a $20 DLC which is what it feels like in a lot of ways that score would be a bit harsh but it is what it is and everyone pretty much admits that "we keep playing because we are addicted and because of a, b, and c that it does really well."

The next few weeks and any adjustments Bungie might make and likely should are going to be critical for Lightfall at least. Witch Queen set a fairly high bar to say nothing about Forsaken and some of the previous story arcs. We'll see.

I would tend to agree with him about some balance issues that need some refinement. It's not about "git gud" either.

One of the issues continues to be this bizarre "frame rate affects damage" issue.

Back