Destiny 2

Liking the anniversary update so far. Ran the dungeon 3 times today. Got the catalyst for Gally done. Got the new exotic sidearm. Gonna have to go after that gally ornament at xur though, I really like that.

The dungeon is great. Make sure to always tell the noob to unlock the right door at the beginning. Hilarious every time.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The dungeon is a little too cute for words with the engram timers while you're dodging fire from an ogre and running with a cannon to open doors and all that BS. !@#$ that. I'll have to get a team or it just isn't getting done. I don't know how you all are getting it done solo. I am just not that good I guess. Life's too short. I've watched videos and prepped and it just isn't happening.

Last edited:
I get that dungeons are mini raids but the struggle is between matchmade and fireteam activities. And LFG is just matchmade outside the game anyway so...

like this
This looks pretty sick.
nerf_gjallarhorn_03_1000x1000.jpg

For instance, the Nerf version of the weapon is 1:1 scale ... or said another way: four feet long. It also comes with 3 Nerf mega shells, which are apparently unique shells that launch three darts at once from inside the shell — mimicking the weapon’s in-game Wolfpack Rounds.

Anyone that has earned Gjallarhorn in Destiny 2 by Aug. 1, 2022 will be able to pre-order the Nerf version of the weapon, though the specific date that pre-orders begin has not yet been announced. The massive, four-foot long rocket launcher along with its three Mega Shells and nine Nerf Mega darts will cost $160.

https://www.polygon.com/22824009/nerf-gjallarhorn-destiny-2-bungie-pre-order

https://bungiestore.com/bungie-rewards-nerf-lmtd-destiny-gjallarhorn-blaster

like this
I get that dungeons are mini raids but the struggle is between matchmade and fireteam activities. And LFG is just matchmade outside the game anyway so...
The difference is atleast with the lfg you get a level of control over your Fireteam. When I did my first blind run of the new dungeon I wanted ONLY people blind to the dungeon as well and mics on. With built in matchmaking you don't get that, and I know you could argue that you could still use lfg if matchmaking was in the game, but matchmaking would kill off the lfg way to much.

I think they should wait atleast 1 season after new content drops then bring in matchmaking, alot like how WoW handles raids.

like this
if anyone wants to get a fireteam together for the new dungeon I'm down BadGrandpa#9609
Ive been in solo up to the ogre, but thats it.

I dont use a MIC, but could come up with one in a pinch

if anyone wants to get a fireteam together for the new dungeon I'm down BadGrandpa#9609
Ive been in solo up to the ogre, but thats it.

I dont use a MIC, but could come up with one in a pinch

I'm glad we met up.

Frraksurred : Random came in and helped leezard (BadGrandpa in the game)and me out. I can't imagine doing that dungeon solo. Once again he saves the day. :)

I'm glad we met up.

Frraksurred : Random came in and helped leezard (BadGrandpa in the game)and me out. I can't imagine doing that dungeon solo. Once again he saves the day. :)

Haven't talked to him in too long. Been on a break from Destiny, off playing Outriders with a buddy. I'll have to come back and get all the new goodies at some point.

like this
Haven't talked to him in too long. Been on a break from Destiny, off playing Outriders with a buddy. I'll have to come back and get all the new goodies at some point.
Ha, that's funny I just re-installed Outriders again last night. Also on a very.. very long Destiny break.

Now, to figure out why Outriders runs like absolute garbage.

Ha, that's funny I just re-installed Outriders again last night. Also on a very.. very long Destiny break.

Now, to figure out why Outriders runs like absolute garbage.
love the game but for the life of me i cant figure out its frame rate dips and enemy gun shot sounds muting.

Liking the anniversary update so far. Ran the dungeon 3 times today. Got the catalyst for Gally done. Got the new exotic sidearm. Gonna have to go after that gally ornament at xur though, I really like that.

The dungeon is great. Make sure to always tell the noob to unlock the right door at the beginning. Hilarious every time.

There's a Gally ornament in the dungeon, too. Collect all the lore pieces. Pretty easy to get to, but damn if some of them aren't very well hidden.

I marvel at the people that are able to find all of them on their own to make these guides.

like this
Somewhat related. Thought some here would like this article out by Space dot com yesterday. Always liked this game and the environments but the time structured play did not fit into my lifestyle.

"How realistic are the terraformed planets of Destiny 2?" - - article

like this
Now I have to get back in that dungeon for the catalyst and the rest of the messages. So far I'm at 100 percent on that and, you guessed it, stuck at the ogre. ;)

Really enjoying the 30th anniversary content and even the stuff left over from the last two or three seasons I really haven't done.
Somewhat related. Thought some here would like this article out by Space dot com yesterday. Always liked this game and the environments but the time structured play did not fit into my lifestyle.

"How realistic are the terraformed planets of Destiny 2?" - - article

I don't even need to read that article to tell you that they aren't. The Traveler terraformed them, but the fact is that most of the locations, even if terraformed would degrade into their uninhabitable present day conditions before too long. Many of the locations are well outside the habitable zone in relationship to the sun and most aren't large enough to sustain a magnetic field or have enough gravity to hold onto their atmosphere. Of course, every planet in Destiny has Earth-like gravity. Although, some places like the Moon do still lack an atmosphere. Mars seems breathable, but is still largely hostile. Venus is the most Earth-like in the game and given the right kind of changes from the Traveler, this would make sense. However, it's still too close to the sun, so unless something was different about it that would allow it to resist the solar wind and increased heat from being that close, it would gradually return to the hellscape that it currently is in real life.

Venus also doesn't spin fast enough and lacks any plate tectonics. It would degrade quickly, but not as fast as Mars would. Again, the game's not very realistic on this front either. Mars is still what it is today but now it has Earth gravity and an atmosphere, but no oceans or plant life. The Traveler's terraforming is not even narratively consistent within Destiny's own lore. Mercury is shown as having plants and what not, but really has no oceans either. It's still shown as largely a hot desert, but again its habitable and wouldn't be for very long. It's way too close to the sun and again can't sustain a magnetic field strong enough to guard against the solar wind. Venus and Mars would at least have some time before they were rendered uninhabitable, but Mercury might degrade in mere decades if not sooner.

LOL there is nothing realistic in these games.

I was fortunate to get together with two randoms yesterday and get the catalyst and messages done out of that new Dungeon. I'm glad that's over.

I have a question please. This game seems expensive to keep up with LOL I'm a very casual player, I go in waves, sometimes not playing a for a month or 2, then getting the itch and will play nightly for a weeks straight, then put it down for awhile

So I bought Destiny 2 a few years ago, the main game, and Forsaken, and Beyond Light, and that's it. Playing this weekend, I seem to need to buy the $25 30th Anniversary expansion pack? And the Beyond Light I bought awhile back, every time I go do that content, seems to want to sell me the Deluxe edition of Beyond Light.

And then do I need some new season pass or something too?

I just feel like when playing Destiny 2, I need to buy like another $100 worth of DLC or expansions or Anniversary editions to be current with the game as of December 2021. And then the new expansions is coming next year, The Witch Queen to buy as well.

I'm all done this league in Path of Exile, so I'm looking for something else. This game has popped up a few times in Steam. I think I'll give it a shot. I don't even know what its about. Like a multiplayer Borderlands of some sort. We'll see.

I'm all done this league in Path of Exile, so I'm looking for something else. This game has popped up a few times in Steam. I think I'll give it a shot. I don't even know what its about. Like a multiplayer Borderlands of some sort. We'll see.
Destiny, is well............Destiny. It's really its own thing. It feature PvE/Co-Op and PvP. It has some imitators to some degree, but none have been as successful. It's a looter shooter basically. It does have a story, but it's story isn't always the best presented. Especially in the game's current form where the original base game campaign was removed.

Last edited:
Destiny, is well............Destiny. It's really its own thing. It feature PvE/Co-Op and PvP. It has some imitators to some degree, but none have been as successful. It's a looter shooter basically. It does have a story, but it's story isn't always the best presented. Especially in the game's current form where the original base game campaign was removed.
Yea, I've read they removed a lot and people are pissed about it.

2h to download, so this'll have to wait; I thought I'd be able to play it tonight. Iunno, just spinning my wheels for a new game.

Yea, I've read they removed a lot and people are pissed about it.

2h to download, so this'll have to wait; I thought I'd be able to play it tonight. Iunno, just spinning my wheels for a new game.
They did, but according to Bungie, only around 3% of the player base ever touched it after so many expansions. Plus, the Red War content (the base Destiny 2 game) took up 60% of the install. Bungie was right in that you can't just keep making a game bigger forever. At some point, you either need to quit and make a new game (which creates its own issues) or downsize the current one and expand it. So now, Bungie rotates legacy content in and out of the vault. And, to sweeten the deal, this now includes Destiny 1 content. We now have the Vault of Glass raid and some Destiny 1 strikes. Albeit, slightly modified.

They did, but according to Bungie, only around 3% of the player base ever touched it after so many expansions. Plus, the Red War content (the base Destiny 2 game) took up 60% of the install. Bungie was right in that you can't just keep making a game bigger forever. At some point, you either need to quit and make a new game (which creates its own issues) or downsize the current one and expand it. So now, Bungie rotates legacy content in and out of the vault. And, to sweeten the deal, this now includes Destiny 1 content. We now have the Vault of Glass raid and some Destiny 1 strikes. Albeit, slightly modified.
My biggest complaint was the fact they removed 11 (I think) PvP maps from the game and have not really done much to replace them in 2 years.

I feel that the looter part is generous, it's more of an RPG shooter where you find occasionaly find better gear to your current one but most if not all of the good stuff is buried behind seemingly endless quests that almost all of the time require silly amounts of PVP even if the first 10 steps were PVE.

Then again I haven't seriously played it for a long time as imo the time investement to get something decent in the game is too much and also I suck at PVP and some of the quest requirements as kill 30 players with headshots with a handcannon are to me insurmountable.

Alright, well I'll give it a go tonight. Just the free version. Not sure if I need all the DLC; looks like it gets pricey to get all of it.

We'll see how it goes. I'm freaking terrible at FPS, nevermind MP-FPS against other players. meh, see what happens.

I have a question please. This game seems expensive to keep up with LOL I'm a very casual player, I go in waves, sometimes not playing a for a month or 2, then getting the itch and will play nightly for a weeks straight, then put it down for awhile
It really depends on what you want to get out of the game. If you just want a fun time sink there is plenty to keep you busy outside of paid content.

If you want to keep up on current activities you'll need the expansions. Season pass gives you mostly loot and bonus XP (at least when I was still active.)

For players who are putting in the time to clear content, max season ranks, dungeons, raiding, etc, the cost per hour ends up being pretty insignificant. I did OK keeping up playing 2-3 time a week and being mindful of weeklies and special events. Once I started playing less than that I was left behind and lost interest.

It really depends on what you want to get out of the game. If you just want a fun time sink there is plenty to keep you busy outside of paid content.

If you want to keep up on current activities you'll need the expansions. Season pass gives you mostly loot and bonus XP (at least when I was still active.)

For players who are putting in the time to clear content, max season ranks, dungeons, raiding, etc, the cost per hour ends up being pretty insignificant. I did OK keeping up playing 2-3 time a week and being mindful of weeklies and special events. Once I started playing less than that I was left behind and lost interest.
So while I have you on the phone, would the base game be ok to start off with? I haven't looked up a single thing about the game. I just downloaded/installed it last night after I went to bed. Was going to try it out tonight. I mean, I think I'm reading this right?; $80 for the whole deal? Don't want to drop that much into a game that I'm not sure I'm going to stick with.

So while I have you on the phone, would the base game be ok to start off with? I haven't looked up a single thing about the game. I just downloaded/installed it last night after I went to bed. Was going to try it out tonight. I mean, I think I'm reading this right?; $80 for the whole deal? Don't want to drop that much into a game that I'm not sure I'm going to stick with.
I would just start with the free to play content without buying anything if you are unsure. You shouldn't have any problem getting a feel for the game and deciding if it's worth spending money on from there.

Edit: I'm not sure how much of the free base content, if any, ended up in the "Vault". I'm assuming there is still plenty to do but could be wrong. One of the current players will probably correct me if I'm wrong :D.

Last edited:
I would just start with the free to play content without buying anything if you are unsure. You shouldn't have any problem getting a feel for the game and deciding if it's worth spending money on from there.

Edit: I'm not sure how much of the free base content, if any ended up in the "Vault". I'm assuming there is still plenty to do but could be wrong. One of the current players will probably correct me if I'm wrong :D.
I haven't played the free game in years. But the vast majority of it was the Red War content, plus strikes, and things like that. The Red War content is all gone now. It's not playable for anyone right now. But all the Strikes, Crucible, and group activities are in the free game. You don't get the dungeons or raids though.

So I'm looking at ~$70 to get myself all caught up?

edit: er, $80*

Last edited:
So I'm looking at ~$70 to get myself all caught up?

edit: er, $80*
I believe that would do it minus the 30th anniversary which I think just includes a dungeon and cosmetics?

Keep in mind though you don't necessarily need to be caught up. When I bought Shadowkeep for example, I didn't own Forsaken. I only bought it after because I wanted a weapon from the campaign and too see what had happened to a certain character. In my experience there isn't a real need for the old content unless you want something specific. The game is very "modular" with the expansions for lack of a belter term. Most of the player activity is in the newer content.

The forsaken campaign is free to all players up until witch queen release. Alongside the free campaign, Bungie will sell a new pack called the Forsaken Pack, which will include access to The Last Wish raid, The Shattered Throne dungeon, and a variety of Exotics from the Forsaken era. Guardians who previously purchased Forsaken will automatically unlock the pack. Bungie didn’t reveal a price for the upcoming pack.

So I played for a few hours. Not bad. Not at the point of dropping $80 on it yet though.

Sort of confused.

I'm at this guy:
gfdgdfgdsfgsdf.png

I can't select any of the other missions.

My quest screen is this:
hfghfdhfdghdfg.png

How do I move on? Do I just keep doing those bounties?

I bought the 30th anniversary DLC just to continue supporting the idea of this game actually existing 😁

(FPS/ARPG/MMO)

.... I really need to start playing

Oh I see. I wasn't clicking on the completed bounties. Those are sort of just side quest things then, right?

I clicked it to complete all of the ones I had done. Moved me onto the next main quest or whatever you want to call it.

Oh I see. I wasn't clicking on the completed bounties. Those are sort of just side quest things then, right?

I clicked it to complete all of the ones I had done. Moved me onto the next main quest or whatever you want to call it.
Ya, for the most part they are just for XP. Typically you want to grab them for whatever planet or activity your on. Once you get to the tower there are vendors that offer bounties for just PvP or strikes, as well as more generalized ones like get x amount of kills with shotguns. Pairing those up with activities like strikes, crucible and lost sectors are the best way to level up your season pass and vendor rank for rewards.

Yeah one of my main issues with the game is the unintuitive UI. It's like the developpers of this game never played another game in their life.

Luckily the gameplay itself it pretty solid so there is that.

Points of Connection Triumph Season of the Lost: 7/8.... I need the 8th message at that computer next to the Wayfinder compass and I can't get it to happen. I never could. I have looked around and seen others with that issue. Anyone else? Am I missing something easy and dumb?

anyone wanting to join a clan hit me up, Old and Grumpy Gamers it's just me, but looking for other like minded people, super casual wants to do stuff like GMs, dungeons etc but HATES random groups and dealing with try hards.

Interested (y)

Request sent - I'm 38 and not that knowledgeable about the "intricacies" of D2. (Mostly just played vanilla campaign & a lil Forsaken, but fully DLCed-up now)

Last edited:
Back