der8auer RYZEN 3000 OC AIO Mounting Frame - does this solve a real problem.

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone have this product installed? https://www.amazon.com/der8auer-RYZEN-3000-Mounting-Frame/dp/B0876DTT1J. Did it help with CPU temps?

I'm planning to upgrade my 3900X with an AIO, and I found this bracket on Amazon.

I don't plan to do classical OC on this CPU, just let PBO do its thing. So is this product going to help PBO by keeping the CPU cooler, or am I just wasting my time and money?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Does anyone have this product installed? https://www.amazon.com/der8auer-RYZEN-3000-Mounting-Frame/dp/B0876DTT1J. Did it help with CPU temps?

I'm planning to upgrade my 3900X with an AIO, and I found this bracket on Amazon.

I don't plan to do classical OC on this CPU, just let PBO do its thing. So is this product going to help PBO by keeping the CPU cooler, or am I just wasting my time and money?
It not a problem needing to be solved. That said from what I read people reported 1-2c drop with it.

it provides a slight improvement(~2c) and was enough that arctic incorporated something like it into their new 420mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II aios.

it provides a slight improvement(~2c) and was enough that arctic incorporated something like it into their new 420mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II aios.
Sounds good, since I was going to get the Arctic Liquid Freezer II but 360 mm. After crawling through the website, it seems that the new V6 360 mm cooler also has the same mount adjustments. Cool.

I feel like I solidified my inclination to this new Arctic cooler and saved about $50 at the same time. Extra cool.

Sounds good, since I was going to get the Arctic Liquid Freezer II but 360 mm. After crawling through the website, it seems that the new V6 360 mm cooler also has the same mount adjustments. Cool.

I feel like I solidified my inclination to this new Arctic cooler and saved about $50 at the same time. Extra cool.
Nice pun…

This looks like ot allows incremental adjustments unlike what you get on arctics v3 and higher offset mount. I have 2x rigs with lf2 280s installed and the offset only works on one of my motherboards. Pretty much if the board has nvme above the first pcix slot with a heatsink its a no go as the cooler bracket bumps into it making the offset mount impossible.

Briefly owned one with a system that passed through my hands - it supposedly got the guy 3c on an Optimus block. I never bothered, as I wanted the 3090 out of the setup.

I have one sitting in the parts bin. I don't think I tested enough to come to any conclusion on my 3950x. I upgraded to a 5950x and didn't bother putting it on. It is a pain to set up. I also had to do mods to get it to fit. When offset, the edge of my EK velocity waterblock wouldn't fit. I had to file some off the edges of the bottom mounting "wings" of the block to get it to fit above the top NVME slot. I also had to use two washers instead of the included thumbscrew on the bottom right mount location. I'll add pictures later.

See the contact with the NVME heatspreader
20201009_142528.jpg

Offset
20201009_143753.jpg

Had to use two washers instead of the matching thumb screw type spacer on the bottom right mount location to avoid contact with the NVME heatspreader
20201009_151423.jpg

Final mount after my modifications and fitting
20201009_151616.jpg

I actually meant to send all this in to der8auer's website since they showed compatibility with both the CPU block and this motherboard. But, like with many things, I didn't get around to it.

Last edited:
Back