Dell RTX 3090

erek

[H]F Junkie
1604259428100.png

1604259494942.png

1604259536965.png

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7557...ce-rtx-3080-3090-for-alienware-pcs/index.html

I know what gpu-z says, but in practice both my xc3 and ftw3 say 1725 and 1800 respectively and both will hit 1900's for gaming and benchmarking.

Compared to the crazy beefy coolers we've seen thus far for the 3090, that cooler looks hilariously bad by comparison.

Compared to the crazy beefy coolers we've seen thus far for the 3090, that cooler looks hilariously bad by comparison.
Yea, and that case is horrible for airflow. That is why I ended up sending my R11 back. It is so cramped in there that even my 2080ti was running hot.

I mean, I guess even a throttling 3090 should at least do base clock...

I see Dellienware is still building PC's like it's the 1990's. I had seen their cost cutting back in 2007 when servicing a friend's machine. That was the last time I had seen the guts of one until now. I see they haven't changed. I'm not surprised the boost clocks are below par. The air flow in that thing is lacking and that's being nice.

I see Dellienware is still building PC's like it's the 1990's. I had seen their cost cutting back in 2007 when servicing a friend's machine. That was the last time I had seen the guts of one until now. I see they haven't changed. I'm not surprised the boost clocks are below par. The air flow in that thing is lacking and that's being nice.
Boost isn't really below par. It's same as founders or other non OC cards.

Outside of the case looks better inside looks like state if the art Walmart PC. Alienware pump won't last forever. Should just use air instead

Outside of the case looks better inside looks like state if the art Walmart PC. Alienware pump won't last forever. Should just use air instead
It's true they tend to look pretty good on the outside. However, on the pump comment I think it was better than air in this specific case. Mostly because, the case is so air flow challenged. The AIO's radiator is going to get better airflow than an air cooler would in that thing.

It's true they tend to look pretty good on the outside. However, on the pump comment I think it was better than air in this specific case. Mostly because, the case is so air flow challenged. The AIO's radiator is going to get better airflow than an air cooler would in that thing.
Gotta agree, the GPU maybe getting air from that fan but everthing else is just slow cooking.

Back