dell procedure?

stormer2k4

n00b
hey my friend rma'd his dell FP2001.. and he is a bit confused.. when he did they give you a 8 digit GPS number or something?
and he is supposed to call up each time he wants to know about the tracking for it?

why couldnt they just put the tracking stuff thru the website?

is something funny going on??

Originally posted by stormer2k4
hey my friend rma'd his dell FP2001.. and he is a bit confused.. when he did they give you a 8 digit GPS number or something?
and he is supposed to call up each time he wants to know about the tracking for it?

why couldnt they just put the tracking stuff thru the website?

is something funny going on??

He should probably call them and ask the same questions rather than trying to have a friend ask on a forum. They will give you the actual answer.

Nothing funny is going on as long as he actually called Dell and talked to the returns department.

hehe he didnt ask me to ask on a forum .. i just thought i would ask cuz i thought it was strange as well lots of ppl here have returned theres so i thought they would know

Originally posted by stormer2k4
cant a slick dell representative screw a customer and benefit? I think so...

"Yes. I would lose my job to screw over a kid for a monitor that my company makes and offers me a chance to win every two weeks in department drawings. That sounds worth it."

Call Dell and ask.

I apologize for stating it that way about why you asked here, misread that part of your post.

Dont sit on phone hold for hours with idiots for support, just email them and have record of your transactions. I learned this the hard way. Dell phone support is completely useless the email support is not as bad its just plain useless.

all I know, is that Dell is one of the worst companies overall EVER, their support is bad, most of their products are defective, and they don't give a flying f*&^ about their customers or employees for that matter..

Zeke you should have never bought the Dell 2001. You have been whining about the LCD and then the company since the very first day you got it. Why don't you buy a Viewsonic or something, and get done with it.

I got it worked out, assuming the 3rd replacement actually doesn't have defective backlighting....

Back