LuFi

n00b
Hello
I would like advice by choosing a 32 "4K display:
Specifically, I choose between:

Dell UltraSharp P3222QE
ASUS ProArt PA329CV

Asus is a bit more expensive than Dell
I will use the display mostly for coding Visual studio blue theme, Visual studio code dark theme, no professional graphic work, gaming minimally or not at all
I would like to use 100% scaling in windows, I hope the text will not be too small
Which of these displays will be better in basic parameters such as:
  • Better black
  • Better contrast (on paper Asus and Dell is the same 1:1000) older model Dell U3219Q is better on paper better 1:1300, weird
  • Backlight uniformity
  • Backlight bleeding
  • IPS glow
  • Flicker-free (on all levels of backlight), according to paper specifications, both dell and asus have
  • Unlike Dell, Asus has HDR - is it an advantage?
  • The smoothness of the display surface (I currently use the HP Z27i which is matte, but at a pixel density of 32 "4k I assume that the glossy surface of the display would be ideal so that the image is not distorted)
Isn't the same panel inside both monitors after all?

I haven't seen reviews but going by the basics, for coding I'd take the Dell because it is a native sRGB monitor which makes everything closer to looking right out of the box, where as the Asus is more designed for graphics design work and use with a color profile. A review would tell you more about the coating.
Also, IMO, 32" 4k monitors require display scaling at normal viewing distances. I use 125% and its still a little small for me. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back