Dell computer Video card connections

derrekeva

n00b
A friend gave me his dell desktop model DCTA from 2006 running windows xp. Video card is an ATI radeon model B403. The problem involves the connection to the monitor . it is not VGA or DMI and none of my HDMI cables work. it almost looks like a SATA connection (inverted "L" shape). Anyone had something like this in the past?

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    714.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 0
A friend gave me his dell desktop model DCTA from 2006 running windows xp. Video card is an ATI radeon model B403. The problem involves the connection to the monitor . it is not VGA or DMI and none of my HDMI cables work. it almost looks like a SATA connection (inverted "L" shape). Anyone had something like this in the past?
In the past? That is modern connector still in wide use today lol.

thank you..solved a problem for me that i had never encountered.
no prob. i run into it at work all the time as our dells are all dp or hdmi BUT monitors are literally every different connector type and we just added usb-c into the mix...
ps: welcome to [H]!!

In the past? That is modern connector still in wide use today lol.
I'd even argue the best connector out there. Great for gamers and professional settings alike. By professional, I mean when I see a client with a DP equipped PC, I know I can easily and reliably adapt it to whatever monitor I come across. Not so much with HDMI

Back