Decent budget projector, new or used?

Roflcopter_Down

[H]ard|Gawd
My family wants a projector for bedroom, so sunlight probably not much of concern. 1080p is probably fine, it will probably only be used for streaming services. They have a pull down screen. I guess image would be 70-100". I haven't followed projectors in 10 years so I have no idea.
Any go-to projectors for $500 or less?

My family wants a projector for bedroom, so sunlight probably not much of concern. 1080p is probably fine, it will probably only be used for streaming services. They have a pull down screen. I guess image would be 70-100". I haven't followed projectors in 10 years so I have no idea.
Any go-to projectors for $500 or less?
Since used is in the equation it could literally be anything. From a used Benq HT-2050 to a used JVC DILA-RS45.

How big is your room and how much space do you have for a projector? The really nice older ones (like the JVC above) are big.

Edit - in terms of “wow” factor, JVC all the way. That being said there are some nice DLP projectors from back in the day. Marantz DLP and Runco LS-5 are good examples. Samsung made an awesome reference DLP projector as well but I don’t know if you could get one for < $500.

Yeah not much help but since you mentioned used I would say the horizon is vast.

Back