[DEAD] Warm $1078 Dell G15 Ryzen™ Edition Gaming Laptop

Here is a very thorough explanation of the memory question i was confused about (1Rx16 vs 1Rx8) in post #16.
Buildzoid - Actually Hardcore Overclocking

I got one, sucks i got dead pixels, doing exchange/return. takes forevever
That sucks.
But I think you’ll like it. If you have any questions I’ll be glad to help if I can.

The only issue I had was Windows Update kept breaking the Radeon control panel which I used to increase the brightness and contrast to eye bleed levels when I played the earth bound levels of Black Mesa.
Since it’s running home and not professional you can’t policy edit your way out of it and the registry edits didn’t fix it.
Ended up using the Microwsoft Show Hide tool wushowhide to block the 3 AMD drivers that windows update would install after I would manually update the Radeon driver.

don’t forget to flash the latest bios, since this thread was started they released two, a MUX and a better temp management/fan curve
Speaking of fans, I don’t find them noisy even when the G button is pushed.

That sucks.
But I think you’ll like it. If you have any questions I’ll be glad to help if I can.

The only issue I had was Windows Update kept breaking the Radeon control panel which I used to increase the brightness and contrast to eye bleed levels when I played the earth bound levels of Black Mesa.
Since it’s running home and not professional you can’t policy edit your way out of it and the registry edits didn’t fix it.
Ended up using the Microwsoft Show Hide tool wushowhide to block the 3 AMD drivers that windows update would install after I would manually update the Radeon driver.

don’t forget to flash the latest bios, since this thread was started they released two, a MUX and a better temp management/fan curve
Speaking of fans, I don’t find them noisy even when the G button is pushed.

Yup! they are doing an exchange to the Intel one since they don't have anymore Ryzen edition ones. I'm okay with that, I looked at the benchmarks on YouTube, Intel slightly has advantage.

I updated the BIOS with latest drivers, MUX is awesome but I turned that off, I'm running directly off the Nvidia GPU only.

Fan's kick up only when I play Genshin Impact.
For Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, League of Legends, fan's don't kick on.

I have a cooling laptop pad with a big fan underneath, bought it on amazon. - SOUNDANCE Laptop Cooling Pad with Low-Noise Fan and 3.0 USB Hubs

Love the laptop!

You wont be disappointed performance wise. the 5800H is a beast! Main thing these days with AMD based laptops and Nvidia GPUs

Single channel vs Dual Channel memory config
TDP watt spec for the GPU and in the 30XX line this can vary greatly

For this model is screen quality and cooling is what I would make sure is solid.
Hi I brought this laptop last week got it for a great deal paid £800 for it new. Ryzen 7 5800 and the RTX 3060 GPU 16gb Ram and ive added a 1TB SSD. this is the first gaming laptop ive owned and ive seen some posts here about things to do with it. The only thing im let down by is the display 120hz and 28ms response is slow also colours look quite dull. I was considering buying the 165hz panel from Dell that the sell in other models of the G15 would this work. or does anyone have any work arounds to improve the display

On July 7 Dell dropped a new BIOs that addresses Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) for the Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition laptop.

Here is a very thorough explanation of the memory question i was confused about (1Rx16 vs 1Rx8) in post #16.
Buildzoid - Actually Hardcore Overclocking

Glad MSI didn't skimp on my GL65. When Jarrod's Tech review it, his had 2633 RAM, not sure if it was x16 or 8 sticks or if he covered it later, but when I bought mine it came with 1Rx8, 3200 Samsung sticks.

Back