[DEAD] Today deals only: TurboTax 2021.

Yea saw it earlier and got in on it too. Cost me $80 last year to do it from their site. Weird they are mailing the GC. They could of just done digital.

The $30 one only has federal, does not include state.
I ordered mine this morning and I've already installed and confirmed that it has a free state tax.

1640809330979.png

Isn't it best to just have an accountant do it rather than some program?

I ordered mine this morning and I've already installed and confirmed that it has a free state tax.

View attachment 426553
You purchased Deluxe that has Federal + State. The $29.99 deal on the link you posted only includes federal:
1640810849935.png

Edit: I purchased Deluxe with Federal + State and it shows $29.99 as well. You get charged $10 for the gift card separate, so total price is $39.99.

Last couple of years I just use FreeTaxUSA - basically the same usability as TurboTax and, well...actually free.
Been using FreeTaxUSA for the last couple years, as well. I think I used TaxAct before as well. They are all the same as far as I could tell.

My filing is pretty basic with occasional dividend or employee stock purchase sales; the software guided me through those easy.

Can this be linked or have a key code to activate with TurboTax online? I’ve used the online webapp in the past and it just imports my previous return info.

I also like the flexibility of being able to view and work on taxes from multiple PCs or platforms without having to re-download and install. Not even sure this would sync up with work done elsewhere.

Is it free for people who have dividend income, stock gains and loses?
I don't have those, so I don't know. I do know that TurboTax started wanting to charge me $40+ just because I had to claim an HSA or student loan interest or some shit.

Can this be linked or have a key code to activate with TurboTax online? I’ve used the online webapp in the past and it just imports my previous return info.

I also like the flexibility of being able to view and work on taxes from multiple PCs or platforms without having to re-download and install. Not even sure this would sync up with work done elsewhere.

No, they are two separate "suites" of programs. You can very likely import your online tax return into the program, but I think you'd have to download and install on every computer you plan on using and then import/export your tax file when you do so.

Isn't it best to just have an accountant do it rather than some program?

I just reviewed my mom's super simple tax returns for the last decade; her accountant messed up her tax returns so bad she couldn't apply for disability this year lol

I am in for a couple of these, thanks OP.

In, thx op! Deal is also good for TT biz. I hate paying TT every year but it's a necessary evil for me. At least I get 20 bucks back this time.

Unfortunately I have an investment account so that my money is making me money and even though I don't take anything out of it the fund managers manipulate it this way and that and there's always something I have to do to my taxes. Translation: Deluxe won't cut it for me.

FYI, Costco is going to have $10-$15 off with their next coupon book, a day or two from now, not sure what their base price is but something to look into as well.

PSA: Learn to do your own taxes and file for yourself, it's not hard. A few years ago I got sick of paying every year amd I'll never go back. It took me a few days to learn even claiming foreign income credit, divs and cap gains with a 1099, rental property income, and deductions.

The US tax acounting industry is a total racket. You don't need TurboTax.

If you have very basic needs you can do TurboTax Online or Free edition.

You can file with TurboTax Free Edition, TurboTax Live Basic, or TurboTax Live Full Service Basic if you have a simple tax return.*​

*A simple tax return is Form 1040 only.
Situations covered by TurboTax Free Edition, TurboTax Live Basic, and TurboTax Live Full Service Basic
  • W-2 income
  • Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
  • Claiming the standard deduction
  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
  • Child tax credits
  • Student Loan Interest deduction
Situations not covered by TurboTax Free Edition, TurboTax Live Basic, and TurboTax Live Full Service Basic
  • Itemized deductions
  • Unemployment income reported on a 1099-G
  • Business or 1099-NEC income
  • Stock sales
  • Rental property income
  • Credits, deductions and income reported on schedules 1-3

Looks like the deal is dead now. Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations. Understand that each person has different tax situation and no one size fits all. Honestly our tax law is very complicated for an average person ;)

For $30, can't complain much. I think I should get the $10 amazon gift card later today or tomorrow.

Back