[dead] Ni No Kuni 1 is $9.99 on Nintendo eShop

Picked it up just to have, it was tough for me to get into due to the combat but I may try it again on the Switch.

It starts off very slow but its worth it in the long run, especially if you love Studio Ghibli.

Unpopular opinion but this is the price this version should have always been.

This isn’t the remastered version like other consoles got. It’s just a port of the original for the same price as the remastered version.

This isn’t the remastered version like other consoles got. It’s just a port of the original for the same price as the remastered version.
compared to PS3, The Switch version has higher quality textures, higher res and maybe softer shadows, and overall better anti-aliasing coverage. (although the aliasing is a bit of a trade. The PS3 version seems to have no AA applied to the environments. Level environments on Switch are much cleaner. However, character models on Switch show more aliasing on thin lines. I think the PS3 version was probably using 2x MSAA and the Switch version is probably using a post process AA, such as SMAA).

Switch version is also the only portable version ;)

Last edited:
compared to PS3, The Switch version has higher quality textures, higher res and maybe softer shadows, and overall better anti-aliasing coverage. (although the aliasing is a bit of a trade. The PS3 version seems to have no AA applied to the environments. Level environments on Switch are much cleaner. However, character models on Switch show more aliasing on thin lines. I think the PS3 version was probably using 2x MSAA and the Switch version is probably using a post process AA, such as SMAA).

I don’t believe it has different textures at all. Looks like the exact same game with AA and AF turned up a notch.

Watch past the first clip in your video and it’s pretty obvious in the remastered version what textures are new. There’s a pretty stark difference between the remastered and switch/ps3 textures in everything but the first part.

In your own video it shows the Nintendo DS version. Isn't that portable? Granted, the switch version appears to be superior in every way.

I've never played it, but I've read that the switch version is terrible as in doesn't look as good and it was in need of patching to make it stable.

I don’t believe it has different textures at all. Looks like the exact same game with AA and AF turned up a notch.

Watch past the first clip in your video and it’s pretty obvious in the remastered version what textures are new. There’s a pretty stark difference between the remastered and switch/ps3 textures in everything but the first part.
Uh, its pretty obvious the textures in the Switch version are better quality/more detailed than the PS3 version. Whether its due to "AF turned up" or "textures are new", I don't care. The Switch version is a clear upgrade over PS3.

"watch past the first clip" ----- Yes, I timestamped the video to start in the middle. Maybe it didn't work for you. However, every scene is a clear upgrade. letters on signs and packaging. The grass on the lawn. the visual quality of the round street lamp. etc.

In your own video it shows the Nintendo DS version. Isn't that portable? Granted, the switch version appears to be superior in every way.

I've never played it, but I've read that the switch version is terrible as in doesn't look as good and it was in need of patching to make it stable.

Jeez, you guys are really working hard to discredit the Switch version of the game.

"Switch port of the 3D remake version is also the only portable option for the 3D remake version."

-----
is it terrible because "it doesn't look as good" as the PS4 pro version?

It may have needed some patching, upon initial release. It plays fine, nowadays. I've had a physical copy for about 3 months.

Calm down. I was just looking at it, never played it, and was wondering if the issues got sorted out.

Just an FYI, looked into it more and apparently NO version of NNK got any new textures AT ALL.

All versions are a straight up port. The only difference in all of them is resolution and framerate.

So no version is really a remaster at all.

Back