[DEAD] [H]OT - 5800x3D -$377 + Free shipping.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah - best available gaming processor is now well under $400 @ Antonline ebay store
Pop in code TECHSAVE10 for an additional 10% off - $419 - $41.90(10%) = $377

Great seller - as some of you know, just got the 5900x for $328 from them - shipped and received in less than 48 hours.
NrOF0Cv.png

1659498344964.png

1659498390612.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the coupon is good until the 7th.

I've been doing a good job fighting the urge to get this so far but I have a Peerless Assassin arriving today and I'd love to drop one of these in while I'm at it...

Well at the 11th hour I caved. Flipped a coin, swore if it came up heads I'm in and it came up heads. Seemed like bad mojo to renege on the deal so I'm the 202nd one sold. $403 and change is less total than my local Microcenter by about forty bucks not counting the gas and 1.5 hour round trip... thx OP

But the coin toss had to be honored...
ime fate doesn't steer you wrong, so I think you're good. (y)

Besides, everything will eventually drop in price according to the bathtub curve so the real metric you have to measure is 'lost use/enjoyment'--which is a metric unique to every situation. To the person that has 1mo left to live, price be damned vs the 13 year old who has worked all summer for their first card who wouldn't mind waiting for the most bang for their buck. Find your sweet spot and never look back because you'll always have 20/20 hindsight. ;)

Well at the 11th hour I caved. Flipped a coin, swore if it came up heads I'm in and it came up heads. Seemed like bad mojo to renege on the deal so I'm the 202nd one sold. $403 and change is less total than my local Microcenter by about forty bucks not counting the gas and 1.5 hour round trip... thx OP
Did you get it yet?

Keep us updated on how you like it.

It should be here tomorrow. It's going into a Crosshair VII x470 and replacing a 3800x. Bios updated and ready to go!

The 3800x was doing just fine with some tweaked memory and infinity fabric settings and some PBO on the conservative side. This will likely be the last CPU that this board sees before moving on to AM5 or whatever Intel is on that year, plus ddr5, atx3 etc...

My $ may have been better spent on that LG monitor that was on sale a couple weeks ago, but this is easier to hide ;)

** a few beers and hours later update:

For s&g's I ran a few tests tonight before it arrives. Tomorrow after installing I'll run the same benchmarks again and post here, for better or for worse. There will be no PBO with the 5800x3d but I'll attempt to set memory timings and infinity fabric the same.

Recent (latest?) chipset/agesa drivers from amd, ch7 bios 4703 (latest one). GPU is 6700xt with adrenalin 22.7.1 minimal install driver. Rebar enabled. Room temps 78-80F. Cooler is a Peerless Assassin 120SE. Temp and core speeds via HWmonitor 1.46.0 and will be the peak reported temp or speed. I reset the min/max between tests.
For the most part the game settings these benchmarks run under will be the way I play those games - mostly they're set to ultra or a mix of ultra/high settings. Resolution is 1440p/144hz. I ran these cause they're the first things that came to mind with built-in benchmarks. I did not run these multiple times and average the results - this number is what they reported after the first run.

Cyberpunk2077 RTX off cause it's a slideshow otherwise: 57.4 fps avg and min/max 36.4/128.3. Core temp 71.4C
58.3 37.4/112.1 73C
Red dead Redemption 2: 103.08 FPS avg min/max 71/133. Core temp 68C
102.76 86/138 68C
World of Tanks Encore demo with RTX ultra: 18015 (it lists a score not a FPS - we'll see if it's higher or lower with the 5800x3d). Core temp 67C
18231 64C
Assassins Creed Oddessy: 79 FPS avg min/max 38/110. Core 72C
81 44/158 69C
I'm gonna quit at 4. I know theres a lot of other good in game benchmarks but I can't think of them ATM so we'll leave it at those 4

**EDIT to add 5800x3d results in RED

Last edited:
Arrived today and it's in. I was able to run the same memory and infinity fabric settings. Everything else was left stock. As expected, no PBO. I'll edit previous post with the 5800x3d numbers in red. Clearly the 4 benchmarks I chose were not ideal lol...

Late-night coin toss impulse buy = meh...

Been really happy with mine - but I am also playing online FPS that benefit tremendously from it! If nothing else, you've maxed out your platform and you're ready to hang in there until Zen 4 stabilizes or beyond.

EDIT: GPU matters - you get more benefit with a more powerful GPU. So now you can impulse buy one of those. :)

Arrived today and it's in. I was able to run the same memory and infinity fabric settings. Everything else was left stock. As expected, no PBO. I'll edit previous post with the 5800x3d numbers in red. Clearly the 4 benchmarks I chose were not ideal lol...

Late-night coin toss impulse buy = meh...
How are the Temps compared to 3800X? Rocking a 3800X with PBO and some solid B die memory. My 3800X always ran a little toasty. Ive had the der8uaer Ryzen bracket + AC 240mm to keep Temps under control. I've considered going 5800X3D or 5950X. Kind of torn between the extra cores vs extra gaming muscle.

Temps using the PA120SE were same or even lower than the 3800x so far, but that's my conservative PBO with 3800x vs none with 5800x3d.
The 5800x3d was comparable to 3800x in the 4 benchmarks I ran but did it without PBO and ended up similar or cooler temps.
There are many ways it's an improvment over the 3800x, and likely would see even more benefits on a x570 board, but for $400+ for me right now I still call it a 'meh' upgrade. The 3800x is no slouch.

Back