Darktide: Vermintide (same team) but in 40K IG vs Chaos Cultists

My friend group played it for a few days after the Preorder Beta opened up but it hasn't been mentioned since. It's enjoyable but is very repetitive and there doesn't seem like there will be enough depth to the classes or missions to make it really last. The maps look amazing but they're more linear than Vermintide. Loot isn't very interesting; the guns feel awesome but the ratings are all over the place. For instance I have a Common Lasgun that I got at around Level 5 that I prefer over Epic/Legendary Lasguns and other weapons that I've ended up with. IMO it needs much more customization; weapon customization and/or attachments, more talents with more variation, more varied maps, etc. I'm 15 hours in and have a Psyker leveled up to about level 20 and the other classes up to about 5 and I already feel like there's nothing left. So far I much prefer Vermintide 1/2 over Darktide.

The game looks great. On my 2080ti I was getting about 45-70fps with RT Low and max settings (3440x1440); turning off RT helped quite a bit (70-100fps)(DLSS Quality). I actually set all settings to low and it still looks great but barely changed performance so I'm sure there is some optimization that can be done.

Last edited:
Is this game purely online only, or can you play solo with bots to test out maps and stuff?

Bots show up if there is no one available or drops out of your group but I don't think you can only run with bots, solo as it were. Yet. I think they said they would add it in later.

Early reports of launch queues above 10k and all sorts of bugs on launch. Character progress that didn't carry over, updates and then re-downloads on Steam and what not.

Launch Queues lol what is that about this WOW or something? I'm downloading it now just got back from the Walmart Optical
Thank God I work on 3rd shift those Day shift people hearts must race a mile a minute. I used to work on 2nd 10 years ago but it wasn't that bad.

Early reports of launch queues above 10k and all sorts of bugs on launch. Character progress that didn't carry over, updates and then re-downloads on Steam and what not.
I know I was supposed to expect it but I really don't want to re-level my characters.

Yeah, to be clear, they did announce it would carry over. I've just been reading reports on Steam that it wasn't for some people. Aka its bugged.

Yeah, I was just going by the CYA message they made during the beta that said something along the lines of, "We'll try to get your progress to carry over but no promises".

Installing now.....

ive-got-stuff-to-do-sharon-marsh.gif

My progress carried over. I got some cosmetic stuff for the beta test which is a nice thank you. Sucks for those who lost progress.

What type of game is this again? A Left 4 Dead four player CoOp style game?

It's in the vein of L4D but has rpg elements. Look up vermintide. It's the same style but vermintide is in the 20k universe while darktide is 40K universe. Darktide has a lot more ranged options with core melee, while vermintide was really melee with some ranged weapons.

Played though the Prologue Game is visually really good worried about how bad the Swarms will be in an Actual game though I'll try it next week some more. The game isn't too dark was worried about being way too Dark on my VA panel. The fact that you can use a Controller for the game just Rocks anyway was worried about being Keyboard restricted it's easier to doge with a controller the Guns give you plenty of Amo I had like 500 rounds.

20221201005611_1.jpg

Just a Button

20221201010337_1.jpg

Swam in Prologue

20221201010557_1.jpg

Main Hub

Only played it for a little bit last night... feels kinda like L4D (obviously) + Borderlands + Destiny (the main hub reminds me of what I've seen my kid play of this).

It doesn't have HDR but does auto HDR and doesn't look right in that mode so SDR it is. It appears to be in Atmos. Seemed to run pretty decent on my 3090 with a few settings (RTX) set to low or off at 4k. No 120hz maxed for me on this game lol. Looks like there was a new nVidia driver dropped today so maybe that helps.

Has anyone figured out how to display fps on the Game Pass version?

Thanks

Has anyone figured out how to display fps on the Game Pass version?

Thanks
Gamepass version supports the xbox overlay like any other game. Just hit windows key + g and you can see FPS, etc, and adjust it so if you want it to stay on top you can.

Darktide gameplay. System is overkill for most people, but I'm also one of those freaks that play with a 2500 dpi mouse setting.

Is it true that Game Pass players can't play with Steam players?

Darktide gameplay. System is overkill for most people, but I'm also one of those freaks that play with a 2500 dpi mouse setting.

2500 DPI? Pfft, I play on 12,000 DPI. No joke.

I think we've been segregated from game pass players on steam. I wanted to get game pass for the game, but told I couldn't play with normal steam users to I opted to get steam version.

As for dpi, I don't do any setting switch to lower dps when zooming or anything. Just 2500 flat out for everything, I suffered carpal tunnel years ago and moving to a higher dps solved it for me, I just basically twitch my fingers to move my mouse vs moving my whole hand or arm. I like working with small electronics like building my own lightsabers so small movements have always been a thing for my hands.

I think we've been segregated from game pass players on steam. I wanted to get game pass for the game, but told I couldn't play with normal steam users to I opted to get steam version.

As for dpi, I don't do any setting switch to lower dps when zooming or anything. Just 2500 flat out for everything, I suffered carpal tunnel years ago and moving to a higher dps solved it for me, I just basically twitch my fingers to move my mouse vs moving my whole hand or arm. I like working with small electronics like building my own lightsabers so small movements have always been a thing for my hands.
I just like high DPI, low sensitivity since it is smoother and easier for me to do fine adjustments.

I keep the game sens high to match the windows dpi setting. My vid kind of reflects that twitch that comes with the settings. When I'm zooming in, my hand is near stationary and just my finger muscles barely budging for me to adjust my aim. My hand stays rested in the same spot. I've looked at how my hand controls my mouse and it's like looking at my finger muscles are doing mini spasms. I looked and calculated my effective DPS, it's 2500x10 which is 25000. I also tried messing with windows setting it to 1 and my mouse to 25000 and there's a weird disconnect of how efi and the windows number works. At windows 1, I have to lower my mouse to 21000 to get the same feel, but then in destiny 2 I have to set the mouse speed to 2 to get the same feel. When I have it windows default 10, destiny default 15, and my mouse 2500 dpi, it works. I also don't have to mess around with other games too, as I can leave darktide and other fps games at their default and they all seem to translate that windows 10x 2500dpi perfectly to my intended edpi of 25000.

Last edited:
20221206114435_1.jpg

Pick a Mission type of deal I got to level 2 after the 1st newby mission was done.

20221206115333_1.jpg

Mini Boss he was pretty cool looking warped around the Map wasn't sure how strong he was so kept my distance.

20221206120430_1.jpg

Defending some Train I don't care about really maybe the train workers will go on strike.

My main gripe with the game is clarity
of the game with all the good visual is pretty muddy nothing like Left for Dead but I'll take it maybe it will grow on me.
Picked up a Auto Gun in the shop at the end of the mission the laser Semi Auto kinda sucked. It loaded me with Bots for the first 2 minues or so then some other players joined in. Playing with a controller is almost a must for the game though just flows better I think I mean you could hold down the W Key but you need to Backpeddle and do it fast if the threat was increased it could be a mess.

Last edited:
I keep getting grouped with players way over my own current level (4). Like the players are upper teen to low 20's and they are running circles around the map. I'd prefer to be in with newer players so we are on the same level power-wise plus all trying to figure out levels, etc. I only select level 1 missions, so thought that would put me in with beginner players but that's not been the case. Maybe I am missing some mission filter or something. I like the game so far.

Warhammer 40,000 Darktide PC- DF Tech Review

It's not often that we see a PC-focused game that really pushes the platform hard - but that's exactly what Warhammer 40K Darktide does - and its visual quality is astonishing...that quality comes at a cost though...

I think he's right on the hitching issues being lag given what I've seen on various streams. A few of the streamers noticing how bad the dodge mechanics are if the players are playing from across oceans between each other.

20221214032556_1.jpg

Open the door

20221214034921_1.jpg

Heals

20221214040027_1.jpg

Mini Boss

I turned up sensitivity helped some maybe it's my weapons I can't stand that you can't run when you want in the game. Just find this game really clunky unless it's my outload? I died like 6 times taking on a 2 bar mission at level 3. I'm level 5 now after it. Looking Down sights is just a waste of time.
Game looks nice but doesn't play like Left for Dead plays like Back 4 Blood due to good looking Graphics but Clunk.

Last edited:
View attachment 534148

Open the door

View attachment 534149
Heals

View attachment 534150
Mini Boss

I turned up sensitivity helped some maybe it's my weapons I can't stand that you can't run when you want in the game. Just find this game really clunky unless it's my outload? I died like 6 times taking on a 2 bar mission at level 3. I'm level 5 now after it. Looking Down sights is just a waste of time.
Game looks nice but doesn't play like Left for Dead plays like Back 4 Blood due to good looking Graphics but Clunk.
The game plays fine and like neither L4D or B4B, its a deeper system than both it is literally Vermintide in space with guns.

Open your inventory and actually read what you have equiped, they have impacts on everything including your mobility. Learn the swing pattern of your melee as you cannot just rely on a firearm to make it. Headshots and weakpoints matter, breakpoints matter. When to ADS or charge a melee swing matters. Stamina is a critical resource, and block shoving isn't just a last resort.

Its to late for you to refund it, so git gud.

View attachment 534148

Open the door

View attachment 534149
Heals

View attachment 534150
Mini Boss

L5 shouldn't be screwing with 2 bar missions, you are just making the rest of the higher level team carry your ass.

I think I tried a 2 bar mission at like L8 and damn near immediately died. Felt like walking to the graveyard at the beginning of Dark Souls so I noped the fuck out.

Agreed. I think I started to dabble in 2 bar missions starting at level 8-9, and still playing 1 or 2 bar now that I am level 11, approaching 12. I'm still seeing a lot of upper teen and twenty levels showing up in 1 and 2 bar missions, which I usually just drop out of before the mission begins.

They really need to get matchmaking set up so you are with comparable level players.

I've been having intermittent crashes where I spawn into the mission, everyone is frozen, and the game crashes. I also had a game where one player dropped out, a new one spawned in, but they spawned at the beginning of the mission (group was in one of the elevator transition sections) and they could not get to us. I think that player quit when they realized they were stuck and another player spawned in with the rest of the group.

Otherwise having fun with the game, but there are some things to be ironed out, IMO.

L5 shouldn't be screwing with 2 bar missions, you are just making the rest of the higher level team carry your ass.
This game is so clunky it's hard to be carried turn left see a bunch of brown walls turn right see a bunch of dark green stuff and guys charging.
Maybe I need a bigger monitor to be more immersed to see what I'm doing or that 27" ASUS swift oled.

20221214135303_1.jpg

I put my 24.5" monitor about 8" closer on my Desk turned up the brightness in game helped alot with readability in game.
Just did a 1 bar match the socerer guy I was with helped a ton I figured you can take out the swarms with melee and save your Amo for the serious stuff like snipers and Bosses or End of Match content.

20221220063106_1.jpg

Cash Shop purchase didn't feel like grinding for crappy looking gear this way I can spend currency on just Guns.

Back