Dark Souls 3 (PC) + Ashes of Ariandel DLC for $12

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
Humble Bundle is doing a promo for their "subscription service" BUT HEAR ME OUT. Subscribe for one month, which is $12 (or $10.80 if you've never subscribed before), and you get to keep Dark Souls 3 + DLC even if you don't resubscribe after your first month is up. Prior to this the cheapest I've seen was $25 for the deluxe version back in November '17.

My Paypal invoice for proof of this steal:
humblebundleDS3.PNG

Last edited:
Just a reminder, the $10.80 price is only if you have never ordered a Humble Monthly before -AND- you have a coupon in your account for 10% off your first Humble Monthly order. Otherwise it is $12 (still a great price for Dark Souls 3 + DLC alone and you still get other games). If you don't have a coupon, you can get one by purchasing the $1 tier of the normal gaming bundles (verify before buying that it lists the bonus of 10% off your first Humble Monthly on the page for the bundle you are buying). You save 20 cents over just buying the Humble Monthly outright and you get the $1 tier of whatever bundle you purchase as well.

If the advice is useful or you just want to share the love, there is a bonus for me for using my signup code for first time Humble Monthly buyers. PM me for the code if you want to help out.

Last edited:
Been looking for a good deal on DS3. This is the lowest price ever for the base game and the first DLC is included. Can't beat that.

steal of a price...Dark Souls is the best series in gaming history...

Should one play 1 and 2 first?

Honestly no. In fact, DS3 is more accessible in many ways than the previous games, and if you like it, you can go back and play them for added enjoyment (I bounce around between them all constantly), plus, there's a remaster coming of DS1 soon, which will likely be the preferred version to play of it.

The story of all of them is vague and requires lots of research if interested, but regardless, they're self contained stories.

I would definitely dodge DS1 for the mere fact that the matchmaking in that game is unforgiving for noobs. Yes, you can play as hollow the entire game to avoid PvP, but also miss out on a core mechanic of Dark Souls. Basically, the invasion mechanic matches players based solely upon soul level, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't possible to progress through the entire game and get the strongest gear without leveling. So you have folks that are low level with epic gear smashing on noobs who were silly enough to unhollow through any part of the game.

That was greatly mitigated with DS2 and onward (I presume with DS3) by matchmaking based upon soul memory (the amount of souls you've collected). Since starting up DS2 again, I've yet to be defeated by an invader and I barely have 14 hours in the game.

Last edited:
I would definitely dodge DS1 for the mere fact that the matchmaking in that game is unforgiving for noobs. Yes, you can play as hollow the entire game to avoid PvP, but also miss out on a core mechanic of Dark Souls. Basically, the invasion mechanic matches players based solely upon soul level, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't possible to progress through the entire game and get the strongest gear without leveling. So you have folks that are low level with epic gear smashing on noobs who were silly enough to unhollow through any part of the game.

That was greatly mitigated with DS2 and onward (I presume with DS3) by matchmaking based upon soul memory (the amount of souls you've collected). Since starting up DS2 again, I've yet to be defeated by an invader and I barely have 14 hours in the game.

There's some expectation this along with other things related to online play are going to be fixed/improved in the remastered version coming in May. However, you can also play offline, and not worry about invasions while not hollow, at least during low levels.

I could not get into 1 at all, but for this price I bit. The Humble Monthly deals have been pretty good lately, I had paid for a single month and then paused, but the last 3 months I have decided to continue the subscription anyway due to the quality of the games offered.

I still haven't beaten Dark Souls 2 but for only $10.80 with the 10% off coupon I had I couldn't pass up this deal. I guess this will give me a reason to finally get around to beating 2.

Those who are interested, I keep a thread with an overview of every month's Humble Monthly titles as they are released, as well as the follow month's Early Availability title, such as Dark Souls 3 . https://hardforum.com/threads/humbl...ry-2018-review-and-discussion-thread.1953943/ .

I agree that this is yet another strong early release title for Humble and for those who have not yet tried Dark Souls 3 a fantastic deal! Note that those who didn't care for Dark Souls 1 and/or 2 mechanics as much should still give 3 a try as each title is a bit different. I've heard many claim that Dark Souls 3 is one of the most accessible of the series in a number of ways, so if it interests you at all give it a go. I've never been an "in depth/high level" Souls player but I've enjoyed the experience and personally feel that 3 is a bit easier to "get into" . Enjoy!

I already have Dark Souls 3, but not the DLC...

Here’s hoping that the loot box has other stuff that I want...

Back