dark hero acpi error

darock999

n00b
Hi All,

I've been googling all day and am out of ideas so i have come to the masters. First time poster, long time lurker. Using a ubunutu install to diagnose if i might have hardware issues on this new build but my end game is a dual boot with windows.

i have the following:
Ryzen 5900X
Dark Hero (BIOS 3003)
corsair MP600 NVME drive
32GB of ram from the QVL list for the dark hero (corsair CMK32GX4M4K4000C19)
evga 1080gtx FTW (no new card yet due to current market)

I have been able to get Ubuntu running on the rig no problem, but try as i may i cannot get windows 10 to install by USB. No matter what i do i get an ACPI BIOS Error and a blue screen trying to boot the windows install USB. Id love for some ideas. Things I've tried-

reverting back to BIOS 2601
ensuring secure boot is off/on tried both
removing all but one ram stick
disconnecting all devices that arent essential for startup
re-formatting the drive to re-install ubuntu

im looking for ideas on what else i can try or if i should start RMA-ing.

watching the Q codes while it boots off the windows install USB it does the following sequance then bluescreens at A0
ad
2C
A0

this leads me to believe its something with the IDE system but im not sure. I have the sata disabled in the BIOS as i have no SATA drives in this machine. (tried leaving it on, no change)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20210120_193326454.jpg
    PXL_20210120_193326454.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
first step is to try another usb stick and reimage it with the newest creation tool. if that doesnt help, then the next thing i would do is up the ram voltage to 1.4v. every set of corsair ive used needs extra juice and dont worry, its safe.
edited speeling.

Last edited:
I'm working on trying every USB stick and alternative method possible to install windows yep. thanks on the memory tip, ive done that and im running a memtest86 on the machine and so far its stable.
It's so weird, the linux install runs just fine, ive stressed it out with some game playing and CPU stress tests and its stable as hell.
I cant help but think i must be missing something, but it seems like it might just be RMA time I have started an ASUS ticket so we shall see where that takes me.

Probably won't help, but have you tried loading defaults in the bios or using the clear cmos jumper? Possibly try legacy boot instead of UEFI?

Probably won't make a difference but did you change the boot order by chance making the usb above any other drivers?

Dark Hero's latest BIOS is 3202. You state you are running 3003. Have you tried flashing the latest BIOS, then loading up ASUS's safe "Default Settings" in the BIOS and then trying the install?

You probably just need to clear the BIOS. Loading the defaults will do that. I was getting some strange behavior as well - could not get my RAM to run properly at spec. Loading up the defaults cleared everything up. I was then able to set things properly as to my RAM config. I'd advise loading Windows up first though after you load up the BIOS defaults. You can then play with dialing things in within the BIOS afterwards.

Also, which tool are you using to create the stick? Rufus works great for me historically

Back