DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

https://www.alternate.de/Cryorig/C7G-CPU-Kühler/html/product/1507496?event=search

What about this Cryorig C7G ... Graphene. According to this shops leaked info, it will go up to 125W with unquestionable compability.
We need some reviews I guess. But nonetheless, the Noctua cooler seems to be outdated.

And to use aftermarket fans on the Cryorig C7 required me an email to Noctua for additional 92mm fan clips for one of their coolers.
Some small costs of course, but it will looks professional, even though those steel wire clips will have to be bend.

SFF coolers are on the rise, so I almost can't wait for the C7G and my Sentry Case. Currently using the Dan A4, but it just isn't designed as a console like case.
Just like with my Ncase M1, I think I'll change cases again ^^.

Guys, I bought a Dan A4 SFX v2 when it launched on kick starter. But I didn't build the rig because the gpu and ram prices were ridiculous last year. Now I'm doing research again to build it. Looking at AMD, probably will wait for zen2.
So which is the best cooler for the case right now? The black ridge with 92mm fan or Cryorig C7G copper? Can either allow me to put a 105w tdp cpu in my case, or should I stay with 95W?

Isn't C7's fan still loud even in copper version when facing perforation closely?

I think most of the fans will be loud if you put them this close to this kind of perforation and we have the same issue with C7 in Sentry 2.0.

Sorry for cutting in with my question, but is there anyone who has Black Ridge and Gigabyte's AM4 B450/X470 I AORUS PRO WIFI board? If so, can you confirm if this mockup is true:
VW0qMNB.png

What is important for me is whether the heatpipe endpoints intrude into the pci-e slot area or not, and how much of space there is.

Unfortunately Caseking have moved the shipping date back from the 4th to 12th of April.

This is at least my last Alpenföhn cooler. Wish noctua would have produced this cooler. They would make the product better in any way

Reactions: Uwe2
like this
I got mine today, it has no problems with heatpipes. The mounting for the 92 mm fan interfere with the installation of a 120 mm fan, I filed it down. The attachment clip is quite far off, I hope it is not a problem during installation. If so, I will replaced it with wire.

IMG_20190412_135251.jpg IMG_20190412_140241.jpg IMG_20190412_144735.jpg

mirgus The alpenfön design fail was obvious: To many heatpipes, no copper, bad build quality. So I never bought one.
Noctua, please give us a better alternative.

It is, as I thought, the included clamp touches the RAM on my board. I replaced the clip with a thin wire, which fits well.
The screws on the 120mm fan are just above the RAM, which makes solutions difficult due to the tightness.
IMG_20190412_165304.jpg IMG_20190412_173226.jpg

Nice results, are you using 120mm fan mounted under?

The fans are 100mm and 92mm, larger than ~ 105mm is not possible. They are mounted like that:
https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...in-the-world.1799326/page-374#post-1044161621

The board and the back of the graphics card has a permanent airflow with the fans sucking air in the case. The CPU fan is feeded by air from backside and blows the air through the cooler out of the case, which sounds like a good idea for airflow to me.

The fans are 100mm and 92mm, larger than ~ 105mm is not possible. They are mounted like that:
https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...in-the-world.1799326/page-374#post-1044161621

The board and the back of the graphics card has a permanent airflow with the fans sucking air in the case. The CPU fan is feeded by air from backside and blows the air through the cooler out of the case, which sounds like a good idea for airflow to me.

Sorry I meant what fan is mounted on the Black Ridge?

So my Black ridge arrived today and thought I'd give a first impressions post. Having followed this thread and the recall of the previous cooler, first thing's first, the soldering of the heatpipes.

20190415_113335.jpg

As you can see, held up to the light, there is no light peaking through, which is a good start. I removed the preinstalled fan and replaced it with the Noctua NF-a12x15 PWM in pull ocnfiguration. Here it is installed on my board (Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi) in the Dan A4. Unfortunately, given the location of the USB header on this board, just above the CPU, I've had to leave the connector out.

20190415_121937.jpg

And here is the side on view with the RAM 'clearance'. I managed to push the fan bracket in between the two sticks here so it didn't obstruct my installation as it did with an other's install.

20190415_121242.jpg

Now for the testing. I'm getting the same maximum temps as I did with my LP53, with 92-120mm fan duct / gasket. The Black Ridge does however take considerably longer to heat up than the LP53, which tells me the heatsink is doing its job and the installation was also good. I think I will create another duct to improve the temps as I think the fan is recirculating air. I'll make up a quick cardboard duct and retest tonight with more in-depth results.

Matt Vanoli A duct is an interesting idea so I have just tested the Black Ridge in push configuration (quick and dirty by using tape). The temperatures were unchanged, but the fan was noticeably quieter. I will build a somewhat more professional looking duct when I have time and desire, perhaps from thin aluminum sheet.

Too bad the bottom of the Black Ridge is not flat, but RAM compatibility probably requires that.

Matt Vanoli A duct is an interesting idea so I have just tested the Black Ridge in push configuration (quick and dirty by using tape).

I have an update regarding the duct you'll be happy to hear and have just completed testing. So below is a photo of my duct. A mere piece of cardboard on one side and taped off ventilation holes on the other. So now the Blackridge is getting fresh air only and the cardboard is sitting flush with the panel.

20190415_183320.jpg

I have a delidded i7-7700k running at 4.6Ghz, with 0.05V undervolt. I will compare the results to my LP53 with similar duct with NF-A9x12. Both fans running at 100%. I set AVX offset to +4 for testing only, I usually have it at +2. Ambient temp is 22-23°C.

Prime95 - Small FFTs - AVX On (running at 4.2GHz)
LP53 - 82°C
Black Ridge - 73°C

Prime95 - Small FFTs - AVX Off (running at 4.6GHz)
LP53 - 80°C
Black Ridge - 72°C

Handbrake - Encode 720p H.264 to H.265 at 1500kbps, slow preset (4.2GHz)
LP53 - 71°C
Black Ridge - 64°C

Edit: As a bonus, added 0.1GHz to my OC and set AVX offset to +2 for Handbrake tests.
Prime95 (AVX +4, 4.3GHz) - 78°C
Prime95 (AVX off, 4.7GHz) - 74°C
Handbrake (AVX +2, 4.5GHz) - 75°C

Last edited:
Van0: Great result. How much affect has the fan duct on the results? Did you tested pull vs push? Can you confirm that the black ridge isn't matte black painted annymore? Now it is more like black nickel plated?

Van0: Great result. How much affect has the fan duct on the results? Did you tested pull vs push? Can you confirm that the black ridge isn't matte black painted annymore? Now it is more like black nickel plated?

You're right about the colouring of the black ridge. The box shows the black matte painting but it is indeed a more subtly coating like you said. Couple photos below.
20190415_113054.jpg 20190415_113228.jpg

I will do some more testing with the duct off and get back to you. I've just designed a small 3D model that should work. If it fits I'll share the file. I didn't try with the fan pushing air out the chassis. It's just too much of a pain in the butt to sort out, especially I think it was yourself that said it performed better in pull.

Repeating tests at 4.6GHz without a shroud for comparison.

With Shroud
Prime95 (AVX +4, 4.2GHz) - 73°C
Prime95 (AVX off, 4.6GHz) - 72°C

Without Shroud
Prime95 (AVX +4, 4.2GHz) - 83°C
Prime95 (AVX off, 4.6GHz) - 81°C

Temps without shroud slowly climbed over the course of 10min, which is what leads me to think air is recirculating without a shroud.

For those who are interested in using it in other cases than the A4-SFX-styled ones:

It seems like my mock-ups of black ridge were slightly off and depicted black ridge having chance to mount on more boards than it actually will be able to support. I've just done a fast volumetric CAD model for it and the Aorus B450 board, and it seems like it's going to be a tight fit.

PJpStSQ.jpg

I'll have the board on Friday probably for checking though.

For other boards, like for example Asrock boards, it may need whole 10 mm shift on the socket to fit, which would mean an oddly specific bracket combined with graphite pad...

Last edited:
XstreamHard For the Z390-I you can remove the big I/O cover. For this mod I recommend to use the Black Ridge with Noctua A12x15 fan and VLP Ram. Than the fan will push air to the motherboard and the power regulation area so you need no heatsink on it.

XstreamHard For the Z390-I you can remove the big I/O cover. For this mod I recommend to use the Black Ridge with Noctua A12x15 fan and VLP Ram. Than the fan will push air to the motherboard and the power regulation area so you need no heatsink on it.

How is this going to help with fitting black ridge in a case that has more standard layout than your A4-SFX or its clones? I assumed he followed up on me for this to fit this in more standard case than yours.

KJ3p6vU.png

x6to1mg.png

In my mock-ups made when Black Ridge launched, it already shown that it'd be hard to make because it is intruding the PCI-E slot clearance area. And the cooler in these mock-ups is slightly smaller than it actually is, so the problem is even bigger.

It works okay in A4-SFX because you have a tight bending riser from the slot and the fin stack is above, but if you have a GPU directly in the slot, or like in our case a PCB riser that is as tall as high the fin stack is, then you won't fit it.

Last edited:
Back