DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Is there anyone who installed an additional Fan just before the Asetek aio cpu-cooler to have an airflow to the vrm´s?

Uses anyone internal wifi antennas?

I'm ready for you Dan... I won't say anything if you send it early x)

Y4ZpgfS.jpg

Just for your information.
If you are a proud owner of the copper AXP-100 do not attempt to bend it back after you bend it once.
I did it with the normal version and it worked just fine and then I attempted it with the copper version (both for testing reasons by the way) and now I am a sad owner of a broken copper AXP-100. It still works but it has two kinks in the pipes and its performance is now about 8K worse than before.

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the cutout area on the window panels? Looking for the edge lengths of the cutout itself, and the window panel itself.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

I am nearly ready for shipping v2!

My changes to myself developed shipping software are done. Now I am able to generate DHL labels, export documents and bills in batch mode. I also optimized the shipping process. I hope I will be able to ship 700-1200 cases every week. Then it will be done in 2-3 weeks.

On weekend I will migrate the Kickstarter shipping database to my layout. Next week the cases and window kits will be in my warehouse and then it can begin.

I am nearly ready for shipping v2!

My changes to myself developed shipping software are done. Now I am able to generate DHL labels, export documents and bills in batch mode. I also optimized the shipping process. I hope I will be able to ship 700-1200 cases every week. Then it will be done in 2-3 weeks.

On weekend I will migrate the Kickstarter shipping database to my layout. Next week the cases and window kits will be in my warehouse and then it can begin.

Great man wanna get mine built asap.How close are we to sending to OC and caseking ?

I suppose you have considered mounting that to your desk instead? Might be just as handy depending on how much you move your computer....

The thought has crossed my mind, but I'd rather have an HDMI port in the front of the case, in case I ever need to move it. The DAN A4-SFX is a perfect case to showcase VR (Oculus/Vive) on location!

Is it possible to fit an unusually thick (15mm?) 2.5" drive in this, was thinking of a 5gb barracuda in addition to ssd

Is it possible to fit an unusually thick (15mm?) 2.5" drive in this, was thinking of a 5gb barracuda in addition to ssd

Yes, had one myself. The upper slot of the drive cage can take the barracuda, the lower slot and the front-slot are too small.

If you want to use Dan's heatsink in future, it's better to not use the Asus Strix as the VRM heatsink will have to be removed to fit the heatsink.

Ohh ok. Guess I'll be going with the Asrock then thanks. Planning to pair it with Kingston Fury and probably the upcoming i5 8500/8550.

If you want to use Dan's heatsink in future, it's better to not use the Asus Strix as the VRM heatsink will have to be removed to fit the heatsink.

I was under the impression that after the changes Dan has made that this is no longer true.

edit : "Source"

Last edited:
Hello! 2018 is almost here, can't wait to finally receive my case! :)

I'm thinking of buying a 2~3 TB harddrive, but first I need to know: are there dampeners in the drive bays so the vibrations wouldn't be loud? Thanks.

Ughh if it fits it would be better since I won't need to import the Asrock fatality fron the US. Currently only Asus has itx for Coffee lake here in PH :(

Well I got some aftermarket VRM heatsinks to try putting on after removing the standard ones from the ASUS z170i board for the LP53, if the profiles are similar with Dan's concept cooler the result of that might intrigue you. How useful it is to you really depends how soon the case comes compared to yours I guess. The z170i isn't the complete same design as the z270i/z370i but they share the same fundamentals

Well I got some aftermarket VRM heatsinks to try putting on after removing the standard ones from the ASUS z170i board for the LP53, if the profiles are similar with Dan's concept cooler the result of that might intrigue you. How useful it is to you really depends how soon the case comes compared to yours I guess. The z170i isn't the complete same design as the z270i/z370i but they share the same fundamentals

Cool! Where did you get them? I might consider it. Do you have a pic? Thanks :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been following this thread and looking at the z370i boards, and is there some reason why folk are only considering the ASUS or the ASRock and not the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon? I won't have any M2 drives, which seems to be the main selling point of the ASUS Strix board, and if I'm planning to use VR headsets the extra USB ports on the MSI board seem useful?

I have been following this thread and looking at the z370i boards, and is there some reason why folk are only considering the ASUS or the ASRock and not the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon? I won't have any M2 drives, which seems to be the main selling point of the ASUS Strix board, and if I'm planning to use VR headsets the extra USB ports on the MSI board seem useful?

No idea.

It looks pretty much the same, specs-wise: https://www.newegg.com/global/fr/Pr...6,13-157-794^13-157-794,13-119-036^13-119-036

However the ASRock has a Thunderbolt 3 port, and the Asus can host two M2 drives. I don't see extra USB ports on the MSI compared to those two motherboards?

My bad, looks like I mixed up my notes (I hadn't found a comparison page as complete as that one, thanks for the link). It's got a couple of faster sockets (USB 3.1 Gen 2) but I'm guessing that won't make too much difference and the Thunderbolt might be preferable in the long run

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new here and i pre ordered the new "DAN A4 V2". Now i'm thinking to buy all the stuff i need for the system but because i'm not an expert i would like to know if my system will run or overheat etc.

Buying list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
Power: Corsair SF600 SFX
Mainboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x 32GB
Cooler: Asetek 545LC + Noctua NH-L9i

What i'm worried about is that the CPU will be overheat with the water cooling or that everything will not fit? Any suggestions? Or any help before i will buy all the stuff.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hi!

I’m a Dan A4 V2 backer and will soon have this great case delivered! (y)

I will use a Ryzen 1600 on Asrock B350 Fatality ITX mobo but not sure what the best air solution would be (and not sure when/if the HSLP-48 will be available)
I guess the obvious choice would be Cryorig C7 or Noctua NH-L9a but would it be better to go for the below options?

1. Cryorig C7 with Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
2. Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 with Noctua NF-B9 redux-1600 92mm PWM

Is there any better solutions available for Ryzen AM4?

Thanks! / D

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new here and i pre ordered the new "DAN A4 V2". Now i'm thinking to buy all the stuff i need for the system but because i'm not an expert i would like to know if my system will run or overheat etc.

Buying list:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
Power: Corsair SF600 SFX
Mainboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x 32GB
Cooler: Asetek 545LC + Noctua NH-L9i

What i'm worried about is that the CPU will be overheat with the water cooling or that everything will not fit? Any suggestions? Or any help before i will buy all the stuff.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks!
asus 1080ti strix doesn't fit

Is there any hardware to use the Dan A4 SFX as an eGPU case?
Like the AKiTiO Node?

It would be awesome!
Since I already have a laptop (with TB3) and a Graphics Card, hahahahaha

Back