DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

This is the plan
Hey Dan I have a problem I wonder if you could help me out with.

I live in a Vietnam but I am from the USA. I backed the case and having it sent to my house in the US. I will be back in the US from December 9th to December 28th. Do you think I will receive my case during this time? Im worried because I have all my components ready but I just need the case so I can bring it back with me to Vietnam on December 28th.

If you don't think I will receive the case by this time, maybe I will have to change the shipping to Vietnam. But it is very difficult and risky to ship stuff here.

Do you know what the best option for me is? Are you confident I will receive my case before December 28th?

Have it shipped to a buddy of yours in the US and you can pick it up from him next time you're there
I only visit once a year! I will be there from December 8th to the 28th. When I backed the case it sounded like cases would definitely be there by that time. But now it sounds like they won't ship until December and delivery possibly in January. Just want to see what Dan thinks. If the case arrives before December 28th Ill be fine

We all do. Let's reserve the posts to updates. Seeing that the post has a new message to see one of the 1500+ people who got the case say that they can't wait really plays with my heart.

Literally all of us can't wait for the case to come out. Some to resell and most to start their build. I want to post something every day and I check this thread at least 3 times a day for updates.

Lets post updates in here, questions about the case and just stay on topic.

On topic, are any of the x99 ers going to try and dremel out the t318 for the fan mounts? I know I will be dremeling out just for the ease of replacing the hardware. Cutting zip ties and zip tying the fan doesn't sound like much fun plus it will look cleaner imo.

I'm going crazy here.. altough i didnt decide whether i will wait till february to buy hardware :D (zen, vega)

if i cant wait till february i am going to buy an mini itx board for my 4670k and wait till Zen and see whether its worth it :D

Still need to figure out with gpu i am going to by... something in the 1070 performance class

Last edited:
Thats great! cos I hear you can get something pretty close to the 1070 performance class if you buy a gtx 1070

I've got my built ready - found a mini ITX board for my 2600K on Ebay, a used GTX 970 and used Corsair SF450 - I'm all ready! :D

Reactions: Jspr
like this
I've got my built ready - found a mini ITX board for my 2600K on Ebay, a used GTX 970 and used Corsair SF450 - I'm all ready! :D
Yeah, I currently have a 3700k and didn't want to go for a full upgrade with new CPU/Mobo so I found a used mini ITX for $20. I just need to buy a new power supply and obviously the case and im good to go!

UPDATE: Here comes the next big Update.

Every second of my free time in the last weeks I worked on a redesign of the DAN Cases website. Today the work is done.
Visit www.dan-cases.com to see the new design. Here and there are new features and informations. If you find some misspelling or errors please let me know.

The thermal design picture is not very clear, which is a shame because its a great feature. If i may suggest, I think it would be better to show a picture of the case in isometric view, with blue arrows "in" on the lateral intakes and red arrows "out" on the back and top. Maybe also add the graph with the component temperatures inside and out of the case.

The thermal design picture is not very clear, which is a shame because its a great feature. If i may suggest, I think it would be better to show a picture of the case in isometric view, with blue arrows "in" on the lateral intakes and red arrows "out" on the back and top. Maybe also add the graph with the component temperatures inside and out of the case.

What does the rest of you think? Stay with the current temp pictures or making new ones?

The only issue I really see with the Dan A4 site is that the background is black, while the text is light gray, which makes it hard to read. The site is just a bit too dark color wise for my taste.

What does the rest of you think? Stay with the current temp pictures or making new ones?

I like your current pictures, cool blue to hot red is very logical. It is also different from the usual arrows, (but I do get your point Verdi) which goes well with the rest of the sites aesthetics.
Maybe add an isometric temp picture - just to emphazise the case orientatio, and add another dimension to the pictures.

Oh and for me the gray text is a good choise. Pure white would give to much contrast.

hi guys I am starting to look up parts for the A4 and wondering what ITX motherboards do you guys recommend that uses M.2 SSD that fit in this case

hi guys I am starting to look up parts for the A4 and wondering what ITX motherboards do you guys recommend that uses M.2 SSD that fit in this case
All mini-ITX motherboard will fit in the case. It really depends on your purpose and budget. If you will be overclocking, I think the Asus Z170i Pro Gaming will be a good choice. If not, the MSI H170i Pro AC motherboard will do. But if you're on a budget, an H110 or B150 board will do. If you're planning on a Xeon build, then the Asrock X99E-ITX/ac will be your best choice.

read the thread lots of opinions on boards in here

I did read some posts that some ITX Boards with M.2 SSD didn't fit so was wondering if u had a suggestion on those ITX motherboards only with M.2 and thanks guys for taking the time to reply

I did read some posts that some ITX Boards with M.2 SSD didn't fit so was wondering if u had a suggestion on those ITX motherboards only with M.2 and thanks guys for taking the time to reply

It really depends on what m.2 you are using. If you are planning on the 950 pro models you want to avoid a mobo that has the slot in the rear due to it having thermal throttling issues. High perf m.2 should be close to the hetsink so it can have some airflow. It also depends on what heatsink you are using. You want to make sure that if the slot is behind the board that the heatsink mounting won't block the slot. I would just all around recommend any board with the m.2 that is on the upper side of the board.

What mobo did you get for the 2600k? Might do the same.
I kept an eye on Ebay and searched daily for "Z68 itx", "Z75 itx" and "Z77 itx", it took a few weeks to find one that didn't sell for £100+ (I paid £95 for a Gigabyte GA-Z77N). They're uncommon on the Bay now, but they do pop up! :)

Sorry, I know we are waiting for case updates, but I just wondering:
What are your thoughts on CPU cooling? As ndjwin99 was so kind to show us, the Cryorig C7 and NF-a14 with LP53 get almost the same results - but the Cryorig can not be "reversed" (exhaust out of top). Could this setup (exhaust out top) be a benefit in the Dan A4-SFX by keeping case temperatures down?

Sorry, I know we are waiting for case updates, but I just wondering:
What are your thoughts on CPU cooling? As ndjwin99 was so kind to show us, the Cryorig C7 and NF-a14 with LP53 get almost the same results - but the Cryorig can not be "reversed" (exhaust out of top). Could this setup (exhaust out top) be a benefit in the Dan A4-SFX by keeping case temperatures down?

It will most def help with case temps. BUT the cpu will not be cooled as effectively. So if your cpu is within acceptalbe temp range and you want to swap tue fan to exhaust then I would do it. I tried it with my 5820k/t318 last year and it was not nearly as effective.

It will most def help with case temps. BUT the cpu will not be cooled as effectively. So if your cpu is within acceptalbe temp range and you want to swap tue fan to exhaust then I would do it. I tried it with my 5820k/t318 last year and it was not nearly as effective.

Really, that's interesting

What are your thoughts on CPU cooling?

Could this setup (exhaust out top) be a benefit in the Dan A4-SFX by keeping case temperatures down?

pulling case air over the CPU heatsink will cool the CPU worse than blowing outside air over it

pulling case air over the CPU heatsink will cool the CPU worse than blowing outside air over it

Cool! or no not cool, warmer? Anyways I must have misunderstood then, but great to have it cleared up. Thanks Ca11idus and bAMtan2.
Excited to see how cool everything will run in the A4-SFX (Spoiler: CPU runs like CENSURED in my NCase M1, hopefully better airflow in the CLEARLY SUPERIOR A4-SFX ;))

Cool! or no not cool, warmer? Anyways I must have misunderstood then, but great to have it cleared up. Thanks Ca11idus and bAMtan2.
Excited to see how cool everything will run in the A4-SFX (Spoiler: CPU runs like CENSURED in my NCase M1, hopefully better airflow in the CLEARLY SUPERIOR A4-SFX ;))

The Ncase M1 is a great little case but the airflow needs to be carefully thought out for it to work well. I've heard too many stories where this case was not that well thought out causing everything to overheat. The M1 really benefits from a blower styled cooler or added fans for venting.

I can't wait for my A4 and I just upgraded to these specs:

5820k and asrock x99e - Unchanged
32GB 2x16 DDR4 3200 - New @ $127
OCZ RD400 M.2 1 TB - Brand Spanking new @ $350 :D
Corsair SF600 - get that new new for $ 108
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW DT - Jet.com new for $582
Dynatron t318 - Used for a month last year and ready to kick some thermal butt!
New Noctua fans for extra cooling :D
Silver aluminum Cougar k700/m700 - Gotta match my new case
Silver aluminum Dan A4 SFX - Drool

Hi,

how much clearance there is on the back of the motherboard for a M.2 drive? are they any possibility to put some small heatsink on the M.2 SSD?
Thinking about a samsung 960 pro for my build.

... I've heard too many stories where this case was not that well thought out causing everything to overheat....
And apparently you can add me to that list :p
Oooh sounds nice! Just bought all new myself, just to have shiny new stuff for the A4-SFX

Not to derail the thread, and I generally try to avoid saying things that might come across as promoting the M1 (since the assumption is that I'm biased in that regard), but to suggest that you could get better CPU temps in the A4 than in the M1 is pretty grossly misguided. It's a simple matter of physics: more surface area for cooling is always better, and the fact that the M1 supports coolers two to three times the size and mass that the A4 does means that it's much more capable at it.

Now, it is possible to build an M1 in such a way that it either doesn't get adequate airflow through the cooler, or the cooler draws in too much of the waste heat from an open cooler GPU, but if you compare a top-down cooler in the M1 to a top-down in the A4, where both use the maximum height available, and both get direct outside air, the M1 will be far and away the better performer. It's a little easier to screw up a short tower cooler build in the M1, since it's not getting air directly through the side panel over the cooler. In that case, you do want to use an intake fan on the front half of the side bracket to provide the CPU cooler with fresh air.

The M1 gives you a lot of flexibility and power over the build, but that comes at the cost of being a little less forgiving to poor planning. A case like the A4, in contrast, is purpose-built for a specific cooling and parts setup, and that's pretty much all that's possible.

come on guys, you are both right, dont start a fight...

both the M1 and the A4 are great and innovative cases, with their own purpouses each of them...

Love you Necere, love you Dan...

peace guys, please...

Back