Cyberpunk on Consoles: Bad to Rad

Yes, I essentially paid $10 for the PS5 version when it releases. But it's easily debatable as to whether the upgrade is free though, considering many other game publishers charge an additional upgrade fee for their next gen ports and that is not the case here.

Regardless, I don't think arguing this small point is contributing much to the topic of the thread, which is generally about how much of a shit-show this game has been since launch, esp. on consoles. Apparently next gen ports are not much better still given they had to delay it well over a year after its launch.

The game being free is just marketing. It isn't actually true.

Yes, I essentially paid $10 for the PS5 version when it releases. But it's easily debatable as to whether the upgrade is free though, considering many other game publishers charge an additional upgrade fee for their next gen ports and that is not the case here.

Regardless, I don't think arguing this small point is contributing much to the topic of the thread, which is generally about how much of a shit-show this game has been since launch, esp. on consoles. Apparently next gen ports are not much better still given they had to delay it well over a year after its launch.
Mine is still sitting in it's steel case. I'm predicting the next gen witcher will come in december with season 2, so at least they'll release something this year.

Mine is still sitting in it's steel case. I'm predicting the next gen witcher will come in december with season 2, so at least they'll release something this year.
They announced the Witcher 3 update is being pushed til sometime in 2022 also.

Pretty crazy.. I just bought it last week for $10 on PS4 just to get the free PS5 upgrade when it finally drops. I would prefer to play it on PC, but for $10 I doubt it'll be any cheaper than that anytime soon on any other platform. This seems like it would be better suited to play from the couch as well. Good thing there's no shortage of good/better games to play in the mean time.
Same here. A couple months back Best Buy was selling Cyberpunk for Xbox for $10 with a free Steelbook. I wanted to play Cyberpunk on PC, but at $10 and a Xbox Series X I won from Taco Bell I will just wait for the next-gen upgrade b/c I doubt the PC version will be $10 any time soon. I am bummed the next-gen upgrade was pushed to next year, but I've been seeing a LOT of coverage on YouTube specifically from Tyler McVicker (used to be Valve News Network) that the next-gen upgrade and the work that CDPR has been putting into Cyberpunk will actually turn the game into the game that CDPR promised us from all the pre-release videos. If that's the case then waiting for the next-gen upgrade will definitely be worth it b/c if everything that was promised in that 45 minutes gameplay video from before launch is included in the game once the next-gen patch drops then it will be an incredible experience... and will actually give us the RPG they said they would from the start. Current CEO of CDPR has stated that their goal right now with Cyberpunk is to deliver the game that they promised, and if they do deliver then I think once I get around to playing it next year after the next-gen upgrade it could be something very special.

Same here. A couple months back Best Buy was selling Cyberpunk for Xbox for $10 with a free Steelbook. I wanted to play Cyberpunk on PC, but at $10 and a Xbox Series X I won from Taco Bell I will just wait for the next-gen upgrade b/c I doubt the PC version will be $10 any time soon. I am bummed the next-gen upgrade was pushed to next year, but I've been seeing a LOT of coverage on YouTube specifically from Tyler McVicker (used to be Valve News Network) that the next-gen upgrade and the work that CDPR has been putting into Cyberpunk will actually turn the game into the game that CDPR promised us from all the pre-release videos. If that's the case then waiting for the next-gen upgrade will definitely be worth it b/c if everything that was promised in that 45 minutes gameplay video from before launch is included in the game once the next-gen patch drops then it will be an incredible experience... and will actually give us the RPG they said they would from the start. Current CEO of CDPR has stated that their goal right now with Cyberpunk is to deliver the game that they promised, and if they do deliver then I think once I get around to playing it next year after the next-gen upgrade it could be something very special.
You serious? There's a massive amount of game systems that are non-existent. They will not be in the next gen patch either. To create the game that was promised, it would take at LEAST 3-4 years of work.

There's a massive amount of game systems that are non-existent.
I am sure that's the case, but my point is that I READ that there is a bunch of work being poured into the game and that the CEO of CDPR said that they want to deliver on their original promise... whether that happens or not I don't care b/c I don't have any expectations for the game at all especially at the $10 price point I paid but I WILL wait for the next-gen patch to play it so I have the best experience when I finally give it a go. I will play Cyberpunk no matter what is in the game when the next-gen patch drops. I just want the best visuals and best frame-rate to enjoy the game.

So I installed Cyberpunk on my PS5 last night to see what all the controversy has been about, and I wanted to see the game before they release the next-gen patch for it...

I'd like to present a 9 second clip from within my first 10 minutes in Cyberpunk recorded right from my PS5:

Last edited:
So I installed Cyberpunk on my PS5 last night to see what all the controversy has been about, and I wanted to see the game before they release the next-gen patch for it...

I'd like to present a 9 second clip from within my first 10 minutes in Cyberpunk recorded right from my PS5:

Good day everyone! Decided to play another 30 minutes into Cyberpunk and ran into this beauty of a glitch...

Another hour into Cyberpunk I have two more beauties for ya'll.

Pay attention to the bottom left of this clip at the beginning.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
why can't they have those little shadows on their feet like in ocarina of time? just a little bit would go a long way making folks not look like they're all floating

why can't they have those little shadows on their feet like in ocarina of time? just a little bit would go a long way making folks not look like they're all floating
That would be unrealistic. The gen 8 console version is still terrible, so I wouldn't judge the game itself based on those videos.

Details for the gen 9 console update have been revealed, and will be released "soon."

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

1644943284049.png

1644943365375.png

like this
"hairdressing mirror" as an announced feature update

LOL
To be fair, it was requested by people when the game first launched as the mirror in you bathroom basically served no purpose even though you can interact with it.

They said Q1 '22 initially, so I'm guessing Match 31st still, hah.

They can take their sweet time though since I'll be wrapped up in Horizon FW for the next month or two minimum.
The PC patch is out now, so perhaps it could be as soon as this Thursday. Sony, at least, does its major online update with content and patches on Thursdays.

like this
The PC patch is out now, so perhaps it could be as soon as this Thursday. Sony, at least, does it's major online update with content and patches on Thursdays.
Ahh, wasn't tracking the PC patch. I'm only interested since I got the $10 PS4 copy a while back in anticipation of this free PS5 upgrade. I'm actually looking more forward to the Witcher 3 upgrade since I've somehow avoided that game so far.

The PC patch is out now, so perhaps it could be as soon as this Thursday. Sony, at least, does its major online update with content and patches on Thursdays.

It’s already out. There’s even a free trial for the game now.

CP2077 is $5 now at Best Buy, lol. Of course you still get the free next gen upgrades with it.

I'm still busy with Horizon and have to replay Uncharted remastered games after that. So not sure when I'll get around to this yet. Damn, I coulda waited another 6 months and saved $5 off my $10 copy 😆.

Will prolly hit PS+ and be a free game on some other PC game store soon now.

CP2077 is $5 now at Best Buy, lol. Of course you still get the free next gen upgrades with it.

I'm still busy with Horizon and have to replay Uncharted remastered games after that. So not sure when I'll get around to this yet. Damn, I coulda waited another 6 months and saved $5 off my $10 copy 😆.

I think this is the lowest it has gone.

Yeah, my $10 Playstation copy is still sealed. I know they finally released the PS5 native code. But....I'm still playing Elden Ring.

Hopefully by the time I get around to this, more features will be added and further refinements to performance.

waiting for the free giveaway here... I mean I got so many other games I haven't touched, in 10 years maybe this'll happen (and my rig would play it at 64k 240fps or whatever)

Back