Cyberpunk 2077

For me the 4K frame gen is unplayable. Too much input lag.
Runs fine on 1440P w/ frame gen and DLSS quality.

I can't, but playing with the RT path, but 3080 12g can run DLSS performance with everything high @about 50FPS. Smooth enough to be basically playable, but I look forward to tweaking a bit more (and probably a patch or two). I note specular highlight silliness on small plants and shiny surfaces.

That's actually better than I thought average wise.
Thats with Frame Generation on. So the actual feel, latancy etc, is going be about the same as if those frame rates are cut in half (it is interpolation after all). So it's going to look like 60+fps and feel like a 30-40fps experience. DLSS performance on a 4090 can get the base frame rate high enough to make it feel pretty great though.

*late edits. Sorry*

Last edited:
anyone playing with HDR enabled?...this looks like an HDR showcase game
given how bright some of the lights are now, given the proper monitor, astronauts on the ISS can probably see it

there's an LED strip in one of the high end cars on the door that is absolutely eye searing

IMO the lighting changes made with the RT Overdrive patch ruin HDR in this game. The bloom effect is now way overdone to the point of distraction at times. To me this game looks better with normal RT. I suspect that devs need to build their game from the ground up with Path Tracing in mind to make sure the visuals look their best.

I played it mostly on a 65” C7 oled with HDR enabled and yes, HDR looks incredible in this title.

Generally speaking HDR does a lot more for me than RT.

I have a C7 as well that I use for my home theater needs...I don't use it for gaming though as I have a dedicated G-Sync 1440p gaming monitor...I'm seriously looking into moving my C7 into the bedroom and getting a new 2023 Sony QD-OLED or the new LG G3 OLED (MLA panel)

given how bright some of the lights are now, given the proper monitor, astronauts on the ISS can probably see it

there's an LED strip in one of the high end cars on the door that is absolutely eye searing
You beat me to it... I agree with you 100%.

Yeah on my PG32UQX its way too bright. They've gone too far imo.

Haha like no shit it hurt my eyes for a second when I saw that LED in the car

Like it briefly fills a strip of your screen as you're getting out and it was like someone waved a flashlight past my eyes for a split second

Haha like no shit it hurt my eyes for a second when I saw that LED in the car

Like it briefly fills a strip of your screen as you're getting out and it was like someone waved a flashlight past my eyes for a split second
It's kinda poor game design really. When in real life are we staring directly at a bright light?

I guess I am a simple gamer...I notice no difference between the pics
And some from my own play today:

PT on // PT off (RT set to Psycho, SSR Psycho too):

2OH7YzL.jpg
Uwp5Npm.jpg

v6yhmPf.jpg
5bAyF2n.jpg

t4XR3FJ.jpg
ISXYhzl.jpg

ZuCv4tN.jpg
DXHkCzL.jpg

2WnsyDG.jpg
uEgSRDm.jpg

MojTiHc.jpg
t0uVx4D.jpg

You can see the places where CDPR already spent a ton of time using traditional, the difference to path tracing "isn't as dramatic".

However, there are a lot of details that look much better with PT. I can see in general the way shadows are projected look so much nicer. Things actually hit black. With raster, GI often just makes everything look muddy. With PT, there is much more contrast from highlights to shadows. In places with lots of objects, it also makes objects appear more three dimensional, because it's the gradients that make things "look real". (A big change in the last images from robbie). Raster just looks more flat.

The only limitation here seems to be that it's currently not possible for CDPR to really push past having 10 rays/shadows, etc. in a scene. The effect would be more dramatic if we had the hardware to push more rays.

I really want to see what Epic is cooking up in Unreal 5 in a game that looks more photorealistic. Although the demo of the Fortnite improvements definitely shows the tech, I think it's just generally much more dramatic in games that look like CP2077.

Cyberpunk 2077 RT Overdrive on RTX 3050? RTX 20/30 Series/RDNA 2 Performance + Optimization

Of course they didn't add this fucking setting in the game

Edit: the shit that the mod tweaks, for clarity

the mod improves performance but removes some of the advanced RT features...so it's a tradeoff

I am aware. I'm amused that they were ok with alienating even a chunk of their own customers. The mod definitely looks to help you get into playable territory on cheaper hardware, and the sacrifices aren't horrific by any means.

Logically it even shows the technique is scalable to more than hardware you need to get bent over by a man in leather jacket at the store before they're legally allowed to sell it to you.

I would think it being in more hands would help build hype, but I assume their suits think different.

It's a pretty big change to the game, and an early addition of RT to every light in the game. It's pretty great looking but not perfect or complete. I think it'll get better, and is already right on the edge of playable on my 3080 (@3440x1440). More hands (hopefully) make for light work, and the modding community makes things happen faster, great! It only took ten minutes of RT to not make me want to go back to raster lighting.

Tech Focus: Cyberpunk 2077 RT Overdrive- How Is Path Tracing Possible on a Triple-A Game?

Maybe I missed something but I really enjoyed the main quest but the open world side quest part of the game felt empty and mostly pointless. There was this big world to play in and nothing to play with or really discover.

Can't say for sure, but you should probably keep looking around. There are tons of shallow quick sides, but there are also really deep stories (Farther / Son sadists, the Politicians, borderline Silence of the lambs).

Maybe I missed something but I really enjoyed the main quest but the open world side quest part of the game felt empty and mostly pointless. There was this big world to play in and nothing to play with or really discover.
There's a combination. I think in general the idea of really having allegiances and choice through decision making was kind of lost in the final release of CP2077.
However, there are real quests too.

Just ignore all the gang fights and police requests and do ones with actual objectives (I haven't played in a year+ so I don't remember what all the map symbols look like) and you'll have a much better time. The other content is honestly just filler. But it is also the way you can level and gain gear to sell, so it does have some purpose though if straight gun play isn't fun for you then it won't satisfy.

So if you have an OLED do you turn the overdrive patch off and play with HDR or is the patch worth it?

I concur.

The truth is, I’m having way more fun exploring the world in Far Cry 6 than I ever did in Cyberpunk. People always say that Ubisoft’s games are ’full of bloat’ - but that ‘bloat’ is missing in Cyberpunk, and for me it isn’t actually a more enjoyable experience.

I tried PT on my 3080, it runs okay at 1440p with DLSS Balanced, but honestly I don't see how it looks all that good. Everything looks pretty blurry, but I haven't seen it at night yet.

rumors are that the Phantom Liberty expansion will be released in August...expect an official announcement next week at Summer Game Fest

Can't preorder stuff that isn't listed I would never pick it up cause I never finished the core game.

September 26th for Phantom Liberty!...will Cyberpunk 2077 release its long promised police revamp/vehicular combat patch before then?...will Phantom Liberty have path tracing?

looks like Cyberpunk will finally be feature complete and I'll be ready to play! :D

Oh… where in the hell am I going to find the time to play all these games. I’ve got about 12 triple-A titles I’m working on right now… and these were selected from about 30 to 40 titles that I’ve barely even started. This doesn’t even take into consideration the roughly half a dozen games I desperately want to play a second time.

Give me an additional 24 hours each day, just for gaming, and I’ll be happy.

Phantom Liberty Q&A – Cyberpunk 2077 Is Getting a New Ending and Tons of New Content

After a presentation held by CD Projekt RED, we interviewed Gabe Amatangelo, Game Director and VP at the Polish studio, to go over the finer details of Phantom Liberty...

With Phantom Liberty, are you picking up from one of the endings of Cyberpunk 2077, and if so, which one?

No, this takes place in the midst of it. You get to a certain point in the game and this unlocks, but of course, we let you skip right to it much like it was done in The Witcher 3's expansions...It's the same thing as it takes place during. Now it has endings, different endings based on how things play out...Then, based on the ending within Phantom Liberty, you can unlock a new ending in the base game

Is there going to be a lot of new side content in Phantom Liberty?

Oh my God. Yes, so much. There's so much like, it's not just the main storyline, there's a bunch of different sort of side quests and side activities and I don't know if we have enough time, but we created all these new things that other characters in the world do and it takes place with or without you. The world is alive and you can intercept or interfere or they can just play out and there's a bunch of new activities like this in the world

Do you have any details on the anticipated improvements for the police system and the vehicular combat?

I have tons, but we don't have much time. Goodness, what do I say? Basically, they have all kinds of new tactics and they'll pull all these new tactics on you depending on how much mayhem - or, in the case of Dogtown, not mayhem because they are kind of a militia. Obviously, if you escalate all the way to that, we're going to have a bunch of different possible conflicts as the situation escalates

https://wccftech.com/phantom-libert...tons-of-new-content-to-make-night-city-alive/

Back