Cyberpunk 2077

Yes, that is true. But they have another shot. When the PS5/XSX versions come out, and a definitive edition for PC, next year, sites will have to re-review the game and if CDPR actually comes correct they can have a second wind.

I hope there is an Enhanced Edition...maybe that's why they postponed all patches/fixes until early 2022

Did you play both at launch? Then I take your word for it.
To satisfy your curiosity, yes i did. But you don't have to take my word for it, you can look for articles on the games state on various points of their life.
Cyberpunk should have been launched after around 1or 2 years of more work on it.

To satisfy your curiosity, yes i did. But you don't have to take my word for it, you can look for articles on the games state on various points of their life.
Cyberpunk should have been launched after around 1or 2 years of more work on it.
Well it's still taking someone's word for it in the end.

I only played cyberpunk at launch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd not have voted for an additional delay even with full knowledge of the bugs it launched with.

1-2 more years of delays would've destroyed the game imo. The patience of people was strained to breaking point as it is. If they announced a 2 year delay last december, 90% of people would've cancelled their pre-orders and asked for a refund.

Well it's still taking someone's word for it in the end.

I only played cyberpunk at launch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd not have voted for an additional delay even with full knowledge of the bugs it launched with. (1)

1-2 more years of delays would've destroyed the game imo. The patience of people was strained to breaking point as it is. If they announced a 2 year delay last december, 90% of people would've cancelled their pre-orders and asked for a refund. (2)

1. Know what you mean and have done so with BF4. Played the heck out of it but i wouldn't do it again. Consequently BF1, BF5 and 2042 have been a hard pass on launch day for me after getting in on the demos, i mean betas. Gotten 1 and 5 eventually but at heavy discounts.

2. The thin patience part was done by marketing and developers over promising on what was available and deliverable as a product. TBH not sure what's worse in the long run, loosing preorders or loosing faith of the community. Guess we'll see on their next game.

1. Know what you mean and have done so with BF4. Played the heck out of it but i wouldn't do it again. Consequently BF1, BF5 and 2042 have been a hard pass on launch day for me after getting in on the demos, i mean betas. Gotten 1 and 5 eventually but at heavy discounts.

2. The thin patience part was done by marketing and developers over promising on what was available and deliverable as a product. TBH not sure what's worse in the long run, loosing preorders or loosing faith of the community. Guess we'll see on their next game.
Have you actually played it again? I still think the current game is excellent after the fixes.

Simple fact is, the game is great. Yes, there are still some bugs, but they are usually silly stuff with the physics engine, not game breaking bugs.

And after the patches (at least on PC), I rarely see any bugs at all. I've dropped over 200 hours on the game, and plan to start a new play soon at 4K.

I agree that CDPR messed up. Mostly in promising things that they knew wouldn't make it into the game. And the launch was rocky. But from a business perspective, I understand.

Have you actually played it again? I still think the current game is excellent after the fixes.
According to the game counter i'm at around ~21h into it. My last visits in the game were after patch 1.2x character remained stuck into some scaffolding into a mission, needed a previous save to move forward with that. And at 1.31 while testing some RT performance while observing an NPC fight in a canal NPC's started to disapear into the concrete banking. So yeah until i sink more hours into it, it needs more work IMO. Hopefully the next patch, whenever they will release it next year, will fix most things.

For everyone saying the game is great in its current state, have they fixed the following?

1. Cops popping in from nowhere.
2. No real pursuit by the police.
3. Terrible driving AI by NPCs.
4. Asinine NPC response to violence, i.e. getting out of their cars and all squatting in unison.

If so, I might have to give it another look.

For everyone saying the game is great in its current state, have they fixed the following?

4. Asinine NPC response to violence, i.e. getting out of their cars and all squatting in unison.

2 & 3 are fixed from what I recall with patches & player comments.

1 & 4 I'm not sure of but someone here might know.

No, not really. They made some small improvements, but it's still not great.

I think a lot of the complaints are from people that expected a Cyberpunk GTA, and the game is not GTA.

It's an open-world shooter basically, with RPG elements. I would say it's comparable to RAGE 2, but with more story and RPG mechanics.

Saying fixed is weird in those cases, because those are features not bugs. The right question is have they implemented better replacements for those mechanics? But the real question is how much would it actually improve the game? IMO not much, definitely not enough to wait years before playing it. I think it's misguided to think the game will be completely overhauled at some point. Chances are if you didn't enjoy the game at launch you never will.

A lot of the Cyberpunk "bugs" that get reported are just parts of the game people don't like.

The game is pretty good on the PC and more or less always was. It launched in an extremely unpolished state, but I've played far worse and those games got far less negative attention. I'd compare it to the the TES games. Most of Cyberpunk's serious woes were related to the consoles. Especially the normal versions of the PS4 and X1. Those ports were inexcusably bad. The PC didn't suffer from those issues unless you tried to crank the details on an old system. In that case, you'd find almost every game behaves like trash.

You misunderstand, the issues with these systems aren't a result of bugs. These are a result of the systems being unfinished. They have made some improvements to these systems, but they are still in an alpha state and that's being kind.
1.) Police no longer spawn right in front of you. Instead, they spawn a bit further away and have to run towards you.
2.) Rather than being able to evade the police in 20 to 30 seconds, it now takes upwards of a minute. The drones will pursue you and the AI police will make some attempt to find you on foot but they are still ridiculously easy to avoid. However, the flying drones are almost omnipotent so you essentially have to either drive away in a vehicle or shoot them as they limit how many of these will spawn.
3.) The police do not drive cars at all. That hasn't changed. Regular NPC driving is the same as its ever been but I think people misunderstand how it works. Essentially, the reason why the NPC's stop in front of you and stop reacting is that they are programed to respond to V's proximity. If you stay further away from them, they'll drive normally. You get too close and they stop responding. This might actually be a bug but it seems to me that the NPC's were simply coded incorrectly.
4.) No. This hasn't changed.

All of that said, while people whine about this stuff, it mostly only comes up when you go on a rampage. Through the normal course of gameplay I never found these issues to be all that important or immersion breaking. I rarely trigger the police to spawn in and once I learned how the AI behaves in regard to driving, I've been able to work around it. Basically, don't tailgate them. The fourth thing doesn't bother me so much. However, its ridiculous that all non-combat or quest related NPC's respond the same way excluding police.

Saying fixed is weird in those cases, because those are features not bugs. The right question is have they implemented better replacements for those mechanics? But the real question is how much would it actually improve the game? IMO not much, definitely not enough to wait years before playing it. I think it's misguided to think the game will be completely overhauled at some point. Chances are if you didn't enjoy the game at launch you never will.
Well said. The answer to the question of whether or not they've implemented replacements for those systems. The answer is a resounding "no." Almost nothing has been done aside from the police system being slightly improved. And as far as I am concerned, the game has far bigger issues than any of the things on that list. Namely, balance issues which make entire swaths of weapons and cyberware useless or a waste of time compared to other options. There are some mods that fix and address a lot of these issues and the game is quite easy to modify. I would look at what you can fix yourself before writing this game off and waiting for CDPR to fix it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CDPR is NEVER going to turn this into the game that was advertised for the years leading up to its release. We may never get proper fire physics, the ability to shoot out tires, or a lot of basic elements that we expect from open world games. I suspect we'll see some improvements to certain aspects of the game, but for the most part, it is what it is and what we will see more than anything will be content updates that drive revenue. CDPR doesn't give a shit if you can sit on park benches or any of that crap. Frankly, I don't want them to waste time on some of those RPG elements at this stage. I'd rather see content than sandbox updates that make it into more of a cyberpunk simulator. To some degree, people seemed to have gotten the impression that the game would be that and everything else, and I never got that impression. Sure, I expected the drinking and eating interaction animations and things that were physically shown in trailers but I never expected to be able to play a cyberpunk version of the sims. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

For those who are overly concerned about a lot of these broken or underdeveloped/unfinished systems, I'd say give the game a shot anyway. There is really nothing like it out there. It has atmosphere, music and a fantastic environment that's worth exploring and playing around in. It's far from perfect but its far better than people give it credit for. And once you start modding, the game only improves as you can really deal with a lot of the game's shortcomings that way. You can mod your apartment, mod your cars, and all kinds of things. A lot of those things are why CDPR began hiring modders in the first place.

If you want to wait for the major expansion, I get that. But I don't think waiting years to play it makes any sense. It's a damn good game as it is.

Right. It's not really a sandbox game.

It's open world and there are side-missions, but it's not like GTA where you can just spend hours running from cops or harassing NPCs. It's not that kind of game.

You are supposed to act seriously, and do the missions or explore in character. And if you do that it works perfectly.

Right. It's not really a sandbox game.

It's open world and there are side-missions, but it's not like GTA where you can just spend hours running from cops or harassing NPCs. It's not that kind of game.

You are supposed to act seriously, and do the missions or explore in character. And if you do that it works perfectly.
I'd say it works "adequately" rather than "perfectly."

No, you don't get to play that card after trying to prove to everyone for a year that this game is not worth playing. I ignore games I don't play, have you seen me in the topic of outriders, or deathloop since they came out? No.

You have the right to not play a game, but why do you keep trying to influence others close to 1 year later still about the game you decided not to play?

the difference is that I do plan on playing Cyberpunk...I've been consistent with that from the beginning...it's up to me when that is- whether it goes on sale for cheap or I feel it has been patched up to a point I'm happy with...the point is that once I decide to not buy a game on Day 1 (or the first month) it becomes much easier to wait...the anticipation is no longer there, so 3 months versus 8 months is not that big of a deal because I already missed out on the Day 1 excitement and discussion

of course I'm going to keep up with the latest news on the game...I do that even for even some games I have no interest in because I'm a gamer and I like to keep up with things...my opinion on Cyberpunk is my opinion based on reviews and player reviews...that's normal to read reviews and form an opinion before buying...I don't buy every game on the planet and then decide whether I like it or not...it's based on a variety of things- the developer, their track record, visuals, game engine, gameplay and reviews...and again I've always said that CP2077 in its previous state was maybe a 7.5...that's not hate at all

some games I don't care about reviews as much (From Software) and others it influences whether I buy it on Day 1 or decide to wait...you need to accept that not everyone is like you and has different ways of doing things

Yeah I said I wanted to play it to critique it, and that somehow offended you

no that's not what you said...you didn't say you wanted to 'critique' it...you said you wanted to 'rip it a new one'...meaning you already made up your mind about hating it prior to release and were going to form a review based on that...makes me wonder how many other games you do that for in your 'reviews'

Last edited:
Actually, I don't read reviews. If I see a game come out, I look at the video or the pictures and I can usually decide based on the quality of that.

Reviews can be biased, I'll give an unknown game and unknown developer a chance, many times I am happy with these obscure games.

In fact, I rarely if ever play bad games. Sure, when you pick weird titles sometimes you strike out, but I've learned to enjoy my time with anything.

the difference is that I do plan on playing Cyberpunk...I've been consistent with that from the beginning...
Difference compared to what? You think off handedly saying I'll play it eventually gives you free reign or cart blanche to go on a year long rampage?
it's up to me when that is- whether it goes on sale for cheap or I feel it has been patched up to a point I'm happy with...the point is that once I decide to not buy a game on Day 1 (or the first month) it becomes much easier to wait...the anticipation is no longer there, so 3 months versus 8 months is not that big of a deal because I already missed out on the Day 1 excitement and discussion
And who is disputing your right to play the game later, or never?
of course I'm going to keep up with the latest news on the game...I do that even for even some games I have no interest in because I'm a gamer and I like to keep up with things...my opinion on Cyberpunk is my opinion based on reviews and player reviews...that's normal to read reviews and form an opinion before buying...I don't buy every game on the planet and then decide whether I like it or not...it's based on a variety of things- the developer, their track record, visuals, game engine, gameplay and reviews...and again I've always said that CP2077 in its previous state was maybe a 7.5...that's not hate at all
No, constantly being a naysayer and contradicting everyone who played and liked the game already is not normal. And you try to call me a contrarian?

no that's not what you said...you didn't say you wanted to 'critique' it...you said you wanted to 'rip it a new one'...meaning you already made up your mind about hating it prior to release and were going to form a review based on that...makes me wonder how many other games you do that for in your 'reviews'
Yes, I said that and I'm not trying to hide it. It means critique, it was not malicious intent that I'm going to lie about the game. IDK why would you think that. I heard so many baffling things about the game that I percieve as a net negative that yeah I expected to put it on the pedestal and rip it apart for every stupid design decision they made. But then I didn't buy the game, because I thought it to be a waste of money. That doesn't mean that I won't play it eventually when it will be $5 in a garbage pile, but until then I'm not going to go on about it in its topic annoying everyone who had played it already. I could be wrong about the game, and I'll be the first to admit it when and if I play it.

Perhaps you can't fathom this but I never lied about liking a game. If anything I'd be suspicious of outlets who always like the games the majority likes and always hates the ones the majority hates.
Having a different opinion sometimes is proof that I don't say things to be popular I say them because I think they are the honest truth.
But of course you only pick up on the 5 percent of games I play where my opinion does not overlap the consensus and ignore everything where I agree with the popular opinion.

Like, if I am looking for a restaurant to visit on Yelp, am I going to listen to a review that starts with "You know, I never ate at this restaurant, but..."

If I am on Amazon, looking at a product. And the reviewer starts with "I admit, I don't own this product and never used it. But I have read some websites and..."

You know what. That person has no business writing a review in the first place, or in thinking their "opinion" based on nothing but hearsay is valid.

Here's how long it's been since my first two playthroughs: 60 GB update (?!). I guess it's time to fire up character number three. ;)

I blame all of you for this.
I wanted to wait until some new content was released to play it again, but with the delays, who knows. The problem is that I literally did everything in the game already. Well not everything, I did not unlock the secret ending, because the requirements are too specific.

I wanted to wait until some new content was released to play it again, but with the delays, who knows. The problem is that I literally did everything in the game already. Well not everything, I did not unlock the secret ending, because the requirements are too specific.

Me, too. My first playthrough was corpo, the second nomad, so the eventual third will be streetkid.

I messed around but I had a pretty good freeze hit in-game so I'm going to take that as my cue to put it on the back burner for now.

I did the secret ending on the second playthrough but absolutely did it with the help of a step by step guide. I never would have known how to do it on my own.

I'm still waiting on either new content (their end) or new hardware (my end) for another playthrough.

I have enough other games at the moment to sustain me. I really want to get a card that can handle Ray Tracing someday.

I did watch this 5+ hour "review" of Cyberpunk recently while doing other things. It's a lot, and if you've never experienced Tim Rogers before, it might be a bit too much.

The secret ending was cool. Definitely worth checking out if you've done the others already. Kind of crazy the steps you need to take to get it, no way to figure that out without a guide.

The secret ending was cool. Definitely worth checking out if you've done the others already. Kind of crazy the steps you need to take to get it, no way to figure that out without a guide.
I got it just by playing as I normally would, first run. I try to avoid any and all spoilers until I am on a third or fourth playthrough.

I got it just by playing as I normally would, first run. I try to avoid any and all spoilers until I am on a third or fourth playthrough.
Lucky. I didn’t get it, I think I was a point or two short because I answered some dialogue options wrong.

Lucky. I didn’t get it, I think I was a point or two short because I answered some dialogue options wrong.
Yeah I was, I recall looking it up ealier this year and there where a few dialogue choices I easily could have gone the other way on, especially since I didn't think any of it really mattered.

Yeah. It is a shame, because I did like the world. Story DLC is nowhere in sight. I wish this game had an extra year of development and polish before releasing. Such a flawed game that still was fun enough with a cool backdrop. At this pace we'll be lucky to get story DLC by mid 2022. I know some things in the world will never be great (what Dan mentioned above) but I still enjoyed my time in Night City. Polishing it up with some minor quality of life improvements and I'll be satisfied. If they can manage to do more then great. I'm not seeing a drastic change though. I don't replay games much anymore, so I hope story DLC comes before the lore fades from my memory.

Reactions: M76
like this
I hope there is an Enhanced Edition...maybe that's why they postponed all patches/fixes until early 2022
Wasn't the upgrade patch delayed to August 2022 or thereabouts? I'll have to find where I read that, but it is going to be quite a while, yet.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Wasn't the upgrade patch delayed to August 2022 or thereabouts? I'll have to find where I read that, but it is going to be quite a while, yet.

I can wait for the next gen update. I have a backlog of pc games. Lets see what patch 1.4 brings,

If you are playing it on PC, the next gen update isn't going to do anything for you.

I have a console as well. Hence the the wait for patch 1.4 on pc as I stated also. I'd rather play it on pc. All the explaining of what it is and isn't plus bugs that are not fixed yet I can wait until they bake it as much as they can. My backlog to play yet allows me to be patient...

Last edited:
Back