Cyberpunk 2077

Just bought the game cause it was on sale, but like others, I'll be waiting for the additional DLC. I haven't played through even once, trying to hold off until they get the game closer to the original vision. Hopefully they add things back in to make the city feel more alive like public transit and fixing the police ai. Fingers crossed, hopefully 2022 is a better year for cyberpunk.

And for those complaining about the large download with seemingly no changes visible, supposedly it's all backend stuff that completely changes how the game runs or something and sets it up for better changes in the future.

This guy does a good job explaining it.

Yeah, I would definitely recommend playing on PC. Though $10 is pretty cheap, and you get the next-gen update for free in a couple months.

CDPR isn't a good enough studio to make a good first person RPG. Their talents are limited to 3rd Person games IMO. It's worth $10 though, hopefully they improve it in the future.

Sounds like some people just don't like the game and are expecting a flawless execution to make up for them not liking it :whistle:

It's ok to not like stuff.

But to insist the game is just objectively not good when lots of people clearly can't get enough of it seems a bit obstinate.

Not directed at one particular person, more the whole tired "2077 is a garbage worthless broken game that's not worth anyone's time or money" narrative in general. It's boring. Let people enjoy stuff and accept that not everyone enjoys the same things instead of continuing to insist that CDPR made an irredeemably broken game that is still as broken as day 1 and will never be "fixed".

Right. Not everyone likes every game. Call of Duty or World of Warcraft or whatever are hugely popular. I'm sure they are great games, but I don't play them. I'm not going to tell people they are bad or that the developer sucks simply because they are not for me.

In my opinion, Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game of all time. Yes, it had some issues and bugs, but most of them were fixed, and (even so) I beat the game at launch and it was playable without major game breaking bugs (at least on PC).

But you don't have to like it. I never liked Grand Theft Auto and I'm sure everyone loves that game. Same reason I love progressive trance, but maybe you listen to hip hop, or country, or whatever. I'm not going to tell you your music sucks.

Sounds like some people just don't like the game and are expecting a flawless execution to make up for them not liking it :whistle:

It's ok to not like stuff.

But to insist the game is just objectively not good when lots of people clearly can't get enough of it seems a bit obstinate.

Not directed at one particular person, more the whole tired "2077 is a garbage worthless broken game that's not worth anyone's time or money" narrative in general. It's boring. Let people enjoy stuff and accept that not everyone enjoys the same things instead of continuing to insist that CDPR made an irredeemably broken game that is still as broken as day 1 and will never be "fixed".

I like the game, I feel it is good, but not great. I would say it is a 6/10. The story is rather good, but feel the game world is rather bare bones (looks busy but there's actually minimal interaction with the environment and NPCs)

It would have worked out better if it was a 3rd Person RPG, most of its issues would be overlooked as they were in The Witcher 3. It is much harder to make an immersive first person RPG and only a few studios pull it off properly IMO.

Likeable, but flawed.

my magic 8-ball says it's not the greatest...not the worst...it's somewhere in the middle (with some great eye candy with all the ray-tracing effects enabled)...most of the disappointment comes from the fact that it's from the same developer as the Witcher games (Witcher 3 in particular) and people were expecting a certain level of quality...expectations were not met

my magic 8-ball says it's not the greatest...not the worst...it's somewhere in the middle (with some great eye candy with all the ray-tracing effects enabled)...most of the disappointment comes from the fact that it's from the same developer as the Witcher games (Witcher 3 in particular) and people were expecting a certain level of quality...expectations were not met
Then I'm to blame because I was hoping all along that CP2077 will be nothing like the witcher. Besides the Witcher3 had a rough launch as well with lots of bugs and issues I seem to recall.

Then I'm to blame because I was hoping all along that CP2077 will be nothing like the witcher. Besides the Witcher3 had a rough launch as well with lots of bugs and issues I seem to recall.

how much of the Witcher 3 did you actually play?...it seems you give up on games after an hour or 2

More than you played CP2077. And I didn't just mean witcher3, note that I said "nothing like the witcher", not just witcher3.

you do realize that Witcher to Witcher 2 to Witcher 3 were very different games in terms of combat, gameplay etc?

That was me. I don't usually preorder but i said it's CDPR, witcher 3 was a gem, how bad can it be? :ROFLMAO:... Haven't played it more than a few hours and that's because i tried to give it every chance. The bugs are atrocious and immersion braking in my case. Still waiting for a patch to make things better but after the patches up until now, there are still glaring issues. TBH i don't think this game will ever be good. Maybe playable/decent but never what it was supposed to be.

Cyberpunks disaster launch makes W3 one look like one of the best launches ever in the history of games.

That was me. I don't usually preorder but i said it's CDPR, witcher 3 was a gem, how bad can it be? :ROFLMAO:... Haven't played it more than a few hours and that's because i tried to give it every chance. The bugs are atrocious and immersion braking in my case. Still waiting for a patch to make things better but after the patches up until now, there are still glaring issues. TBH i don't think this game will ever be good. Maybe playable/decent but never what it was supposed to be.

it's never going to be an amazing game like Witcher 3 or any other top game...the best they can do is fix as many bugs, performance issues and gameplay features as they can...only hope might be an Enhanced Edition like Witcher 1 and 2 but I think even CDPR realize that it's a lost cause...maybe if they ever decide to make a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 they can learn from their mistakes but something tells me that they are going to stick with Witcher games for the foreseeable future

you do realize that Witcher to Witcher 2 to Witcher 3 were very different games in terms of combat, gameplay etc?
Do you have a point?
Yeah I know they are all different in terms of gamplay, I played all three of them, and I didn't want CP2077 to be anything like either of them, and thankfully it wasn't.

Do you have a point?
Yeah I know they are all different in terms of gamplay, I played all three of them, and I didn't want CP2077 to be anything like either of them, and thankfully it wasn't.

I doubt that you played and completed all 3 of them...or even 50% of them

I doubt that you played and completed all 3 of them...or even 50% of them
And, you still failed to present a point. Can I only decide that I don't like a game after I completed them? What would be the point then? That's like eating the rotten meal until the last bite, instead ot throwing the whole can away after the first bite.
And all this from the person who I suspect still hasn't played a second of CP2077 but thinks his take is better than those who have hundreds of hours in it.

And, you still failed to present a point. Can I only decide that I don't like a game after I completed them? What would be the point then? That's like eating the rotten meal until the last bite, instead ot throwing the whole can away after the first bite.

there's your problem, you're eating meals from cans

only hope might be an Enhanced Edition like Witcher 1 and 2 but I think even CDPR realize that it's a lost cause...
No, I don't think it's a lost cause. Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the most financially successful games of all time, and many people (including myself) believe it's one of the best games of all time as well.

They won't abandon that. It may take them another year to fix the remaining bugs, release on current consoles, and also release some real DLC, but they will do it.

No, I don't think it's a lost cause. Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the most financially successful games of all time, and many people (including myself) believe it's one of the best games of all time as well.

They won't abandon that. It may take them another year to fix the remaining bugs, release on current consoles, and also release some real DLC, but they will do it.

a big chunk of that was through pre-orders...if there was a statistic on how many people bought the game 2+ weeks after launch it would tell a different story (and not through something like the current $10 sale on consoles)

Yes, that is true. But they have another shot. When the PS5/XSX versions come out, and a definitive edition for PC, next year, sites will have to re-review the game and if CDPR actually comes correct they can have a second wind.

Back