Cyberpunk 2077

I am surprised how fast I completed the game. Only reached level 20, and I just bought the game last week. It was a fast main story to go through, thought it would be longer.

So now what? Just go back and do a million side quests I never completed or new missions to find?
You missed out on a lot if you just played the main quests. The side quests flesh out the story and a lot of them are better than the main quests. They also have some impact on how the main quests play. Would guess the side quests take 15-20 hours to complete.

What other games are similar to Cyberpunk 2007? I don't mean just Blade Runner type, but this type of RPG shooter? I really got hooked into this game world, was very enjoyable.

The other shooter games installed on my PC now, are just action shooters;

-Destiny 2
-Doom Eternal
-Borderlands 3
-BF2042
-Rage 2
The deus ex games are probably the closest ones if you want RPG elements and shooting in a cyberpunk setting, but are less open world (you mainly access it in hubs). Deus ex human revolution and mankind divided are among the stronger influences for cyberpunk's gameplay IMO. Human revolution has worse graphics, but is the better game of those two. The original deus ex was a masterpiece and the gameplay still holds up quite well, but it feels dated graphically and mechanically now days (and first two hours are not that fun).

Loved the first Deus Ex, it was like the 3rd or 4th computer game I played and man was it great. The 2nd one was terrible by comparison, with tiny level sizes due to it being developed for consoles (the same thing happened to the 3rd Thief game, which came out around that time), but the recent ones were quite good.

Played some Rage 2 for a bit tonight, fun sort of RPG shooter, but mostly shooter.

Then got bored of the empty wastelands, and went back to Cyberpunk, now doing those excellent Side Missions in the desert with that chick.

Cyberpunk 2077 truly is an awesome game. I'm hooked.

I even put it on Physco graphics setting, yeah I'm probably getting low fps, but it's more than playable, and looks great.

I am surprised how fast I completed the game. Only reached level 20, and I just bought the game last week. It was a fast main story to go through, thought it would be longer.

So now what? Just go back and do a million side quests I never completed or new missions to find?
Yep, the meat of the game is actually all the sidequests. I completely ignored the main quest until I 100% everything on the map and ended up at almost 80 hours of playtime.

Anyone have from time to time flashing/flickering ? I mean some white or black flashing sharp line or objects. Happens from time to time. Dont know if my card overheating or not. I have Rtx 3090 Gigabyte Gaming stock

Anyone have from time to time flashing/flickering ? I mean some white or black flashing sharp line or objects. Happens from time to time. Dont know if my card overheating or not. I have Rtx 3090 Gigabyte Gaming stock

I occasionally see colored spots on edge of screen when turning fast. I think it is due to my mobile RTX 2060 having slight trouble keeping up with rendering objects which come into view. Haven't updated to latest drivers as of yet.

I occasionally see colored spots on edge of screen when turning fast. I think it is due to my mobile RTX 2060 having slight trouble keeping up with rendering objects which come into view. Haven't updated to latest drivers as of yet.
a yeah colored spots on edge of screen too i saw yeap

Unless your RTX 3090 is consistently staying at core temperatures of over 90*, Hotspot temperatures of over 100*, memory temperatures of over 105* for the entire gaming session, it's not overheating. Overheating is diagnosed with temperature sensor readings and on modern card usually won't show this kind of artifact (you'll know when your GPU is failing because it'll look like Space Invaders)

Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of visual artifacts like that due to its temporal anti-aliasing method, DLSS, and loads of effects in general. It's not your graphics card, I have seen those artifacts playing 2077 with 6 different GPUs. I touched on this before in the Control thread, but modern games, especially ones with DLSS, are using extremely complex multistep rendering pipelines with lots of transparency, scaling, reconstruction, etc and there will be visual artifacts.

To minimize visual artifacts in Cyber'77:
- use high resolution like 2160P or higher
- disable DLSS
- disable chromatic aberration, lens flare, and film grain
- disable screenspace reflections, use either RTX or the basic environment mapped ones
- disable TAA using a tweak in the rendering.ini configfile
- ensure that Anistrophic filtering is set to maximum

That's pretty severe tho, and will have other visual and performance implications.

Do you have a statistics overlay that allows you to see your GPU temperature in-game? Setting up a toggleable overlay that will show you vital statistics may help reassure that your GPU is still ok.

I dont know i am gettin only 60-65 fps in crowdy areas with 1440P ,RT ULTRA,DLSS QUALITY on Rtx 3090 gaming stock and 10850K stock.

When someone with same settings have 85fps with Rtx 3090 and 11900K. Look:
2:40

I dont know i am gettin only 60-65 fps in crowdy areas with 1440P ,RT ULTRA,DLSS QUALITY on Rtx 3090 gaming stock and 10850K stock.

When someone with same settings have 85fps with Rtx 3090 and 11900K. Look:

They don't show what settings they have under Gameplay. NPC density setting is one the few biggest factors in perf hit. Leaving it on High rather than Medium will affect even such systems. Crowded areas will do that in Cyberpunk.

Also very particular crowded areas in the game—the markets for example—hit harder than just general sidewalk activity.

They don't show what settings they have under Gameplay. NPC density setting is one the few biggest factors in perf hit. Leaving it on High rather than Medium will affect even such systems. Crowded areas will do that in Cyberpunk.

Also very particular crowded areas in the game—the markets for example—hit harder than just general sidewalk activity.
I tested exactly the same area like him and i have 60-65 fps. He have 83fps there. 2:29 minute.

Last edited:
I tested exactly the same area like him and i have 60-65 fps. He have 83fps there. 2:29 minute. I will try update drivers. I get old from may 2021 lol.
i would never expect exact same performance results between your PC and another even if the specs are the same. there are so many variables that you can't account for just by watching a youtube video.

you are getting 60+ fps... just enjoy the game ffs. :p

51:26 someone have the same fps like me here: 63fps .Same settings. So dunno why that guy had 83 fps there. I tried even with MEDIUM NPC but no differences.
3090 and 10900K

How fast is your memory btw? If it's 3200Mhz there shouldn't be a bottleneck in that regard at least.

How fast is your memory btw? If it's 3200Mhz there shouldn't be a bottleneck in that regard at least.
3200 xmp. Maybe that difference 20fps between he have on 5.5 ghz 11900K + 200mhz more gpu clock? When i have 10850K on 4800mhz?

Last edited:
3200 xmp. Maybe that difference 20fps between he have on 5.5 ghz 11900K + 200mhz more gpu clock? When i have 10850K on 4800mhz?
The game responds to a lot of things. Memory clock can make a difference. Timings might make a difference. Additionally, GPU and CPU clocks matter. He's running a 5.5GHz overclock at a resolution that's not entirely GPU limited. That's probably the difference right there. Also, memory and GPU overclocking can have a huge impact on RTX 3090's. A 3080 Ti is often faster than a 3090 for that exact reason.

I would caution against reading too much into performance variations in Cyberpunk '77. Even with the same hardware and settings, two systems may get different performance due to variations in game and DLSS version, driver versions, overclocking, OS config and background tasks, and in-game variables like location in the world, time of day, game progression, how the Crowd System is behaving, etc. I've ran every version of this game on a variety of GPU + CPU combos and perf is all over the place.

Those temps seem suspect tbh, 30 c on gpu memory on a 3090 is very low. Even with watercool block on memory should be 60c+. the clockspeeds are very high too, 2160 mhz is doable but not at 30c without some really extreme cooling -.-

I would caution against reading too much into performance variations in Cyberpunk '77. Even with the same hardware and settings, two systems may get different performance due to variations in game and DLSS version, driver versions, overclocking, OS config and background tasks, and in-game variables like location in the world, time of day, game progression, how the Crowd System is behaving, etc. I've ran every version of this game on a variety of GPU + CPU combos and perf is all over the place.
i tried the same cycle of day,i update drivers, and the same settings dlssn quality ,all ultra rt 1440P and the same spot. I have there 65fps when he got 83fps. Ah yeah GAME PROGRESSION. I am on beggining in game, when he was not. Maybe thats why heh.

i tried the same cycle of day,i update drivers, and the same settings dlssn quality ,all ultra rt 1440P and the same spot. I have there 65fps when he got 83fps. Ah yeah GAME PROGRESSION. I am on beggining in game, when he was not. Maybe thats why heh.

I think you need to quit worrying about what performance numbers random people on Youtube are getting. There are a ton of variables regarding system performance. Hardware settings, software, etc. There are too many variables that are potentially unknown here.

Again, if your 10850K is only doing 4.8GHz, you can't compare that to a 5.5GHz 11900K with an overclocked graphics card. Overclocking a 3090 makes a bigdifference in its performance. More than we are used to seeing. Once again, 2560x1440 is somewhat CPU limited. It's not as limited as 1080P and not nearly as GPU bottlenecked as 4K is. An overclocked CPU and GPU are going to make a world of difference in a game this demanding. He may have also modified the game to utilize more VRAM and he may have updated the DLSS libraries as well. That's not something that's updated by CDPR or your NVIDIA drivers. There are lots of variables to account for.
Those temps seem suspect tbh, 30 c on gpu memory on a 3090 is very low. Even with watercool block on memory should be 60c+. the clockspeeds are very high too, 2160 mhz is doable but not at 30c without some really extreme cooling -.-
Your GPU clock will not effect the memory temperature. The reading could be false. I wouldn't think about it too much.

I think you need to quit worrying about what performance numbers random people on Youtube are getting. There are a ton of variables regarding system performance. Hardware settings, software, etc. There are too many variables that are potentially unknown here.

Again, if your 10850K is only doing 4.8GHz, you can't compare that to a 5.5GHz 11900K with an overclocked graphics card. Overclocking a 3090 makes a bigdifference in its performance. More than we are used to seeing. Once again, 2560x1440 is somewhat CPU limited. It's not as limited as 1080P and not nearly as GPU bottlenecked as 4K is. An overclocked CPU and GPU are going to make a world of difference in a game this demanding. He may have also modified the game to utilize more VRAM and he may have updated the DLSS libraries as well. That's not something that's updated by CDPR or your NVIDIA drivers. There are lots of variables to account for.

Your GPU clock will not effect the memory temperature. The reading could be false. I wouldn't think about it too much.
Just stop micromanaging your hardware, period. When I first got a G-SYNC monitor I stopped worrying about FPS, clock speed, etc. altogether. If I notice persistent performance issues after trying to tweak game settings then I'll try to find out what is wrong. I certainly wouldn't be complaining about FPS drops that bottom out in the 60s.

Back