Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000 Processors

Microsoft still has not fixed their scheluder!? Well, glad to see there is a working user made fix and it shows some nice gains.

Microsoft still has not fixed their scheluder!? Well, glad to see there is a working user made fix and it shows some nice gains.

This is one case where I think AMD needs to hire more developers.

This is one case where I think AMD needs to hire more developers.

So AMD has to hire developers to help Microsoft fix their OS? As Ryzen popularity grows, It's in MS's own self interest to fix the issues themselves. Great development work on this. Hard to say who's domain this falls under,

"Out of the box, Windows 10 cannot keep up with this speed as its stock "Balanced" power scheme messages the processor with performance-requirement requests only once every 15 ms. AMD hence installs a custom power scheme via the Chipset Driver called "Ryzen Balanced Power Plan". This makes the OS and processor talk to each other every 1 ms."

Last edited:
So AMD has to hire developers to help Microsoft fix their OS?

Yes, they do. I bet Intel has quite a team working on optimizing the interaction between their CPUs and all major OSs.

I installed it last night. Zero difference on my 3700X. Also running latest 1.0.0.4B BIOS. Zero difference. 4325 max single core, 4100 max all core.

YMMV

Hopes are no longer being kept up.

Well, good for those who own Ryzen 3000's. :) I do not but by now, the other processor's are probably already as optimized as they are going to be, anyways.

I took a look at this last night, found out about it from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UColGq9X_Fi9LedYSK6ZfrkQ

Doesn't do anything for me at all, as I am only rocking a 3600 single ccx. Would be nice if if effected all Ryzen processors, though not gonna do anything for me anyway at a manual OC 4.25 Ghz. This is probably (maybe) good for someone not rocking a manual, all core, OC.

By the way, I thought 1903 fixed the power plan issue for earlier Ryzen Processors? Didn't it make the Ryzen Power plan unneeded or should I use it still with my 2600, 1600 and 1700?

I installed it last night. Zero difference on my 3700X. Also running latest 1.0.0.4B BIOS. Zero difference. 4325 max single core, 4100 max all core.

YMMV

Hopes are no longer being kept up.

Yeah, the 3700x is so damn fast I doubt anyone could tell without a graph telling you it is faster.

I am no dev/coder of any sort, just a consumer with tons of info in my poor head
mixed emotions in the heart sort of speak.

IMO whomever is the "final say" on power shemes etc, really need to get their darn act together, especially dear "old" MSFT..if they want everyone on their "self designated" best ever OS, THEY are the ones who need to do whatever they possibly can to make sure it is not just marketing trash BS words to force the "everyone" to drink the tainted kool-aid again and again.

if it not work right, don't damn well be using it I suppose...nothing worse then being fed a spool of yarn in hopes will work as they say it will (when they themselves know it simply does not)

tends to seemingly always boil down to the "little things" such as self promotion of things such as "the best search functionality ever" then a forced version update total destruction for MOST (based on my research and experience) of this "little thing"

------

I believe this custom was intended for and only really meant for 3950x, nothing else again based on my limited research and abilities, something they likely should have put in BOLD text so folks not waste time (possible prevention of damage(s) as well

----

this is why we cant have nice things ROFL

on twitter he said 3900 and 3950 will see the better gains. other Zen2, much smaller.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
on twitter he said 3900 and 3950 will see the better gains. other Zen2, much smaller.

And even if you see a performance improvement, it's 5% OR LESS. That's the difference between 100fps and 105 fps (virtually unnoticeable), and for most people the performance gains will be smaller.

And as far as I can gather, It's only single or dual-core boost clocks. The multi-core will remain as power-limited as it currently is.

This is only for people perpetually chasing the Tweak Monster, and looking to sit atop some meaningless benchmark rankings.

Last edited:
And even if you see a performance improvement, it's 5% OR LESS. That's the difference between 100fps and 105 fps (virtually unnoticeable), and for most people the performance gains will be smaller.

And as far as I can gather, It's only single or dual-core boost clocks. The multi-core will remain as power-limited as it currently is.

This is only for people perpetually chasing the Tweak Monster, and looking to sit atop some meaningless benchmark rankings.

All the little things add up....

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Back