cudart32_31_9.dll fix/work around

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
for those of you like me that just got this retarded ass error(good job Pande Group). mfl0p found a work around.

mfl0p said:
The FahCore_15.exe System Error says cudart32_31_9.dll is missing.

The closest thing to this file in the work folder is cudart32_30_14.dll
Making a copy of this file and renaming it to cudart32_31_9.dll allows the GPU client to run without error.

tested and works perfectly fine. thank you mfl0p!

Actually, the developer has just fixed this issue. He forgot he was running a later version of the CUDA SDK when he compiled the last core revision. This is now fixed, simply delete the fahcore_15.exe file and it will download a new version (2.12) of the core.

Edit: tested with btaylor2 on IRC with success. He was having this same issue.

Last edited:
Actually, the developer has just fixed this issue. He forgot he was running a later version of the CUDA SDK when he compiled the last core revision. This is now fixed, simply delete the fahcore_15.exe file and it will download a new version (2.12) of the core.

Edit: tested with btaylor2 on IRC with success. He was having this same issue.

well now i know.. if i remember to ill do it. but since it works now i dont care anymore. :D

Ha..I thought it was only me....already uninstalled and was going to reinstall to see if it fixed it....
I may just say fuck it all together

i almost want to install the update. but for some reason after doing the dll copy paste name change thing my PPD has gone up. now doing 5100-5600 PPD. and its not because of the point value of the WU. my TPF's are even lower. usually do 4 minute TPF's right now at 3:47 and 3:39 running the P11179 GPU3 WU. going to keep an eye on it for a few WU's before i decide to update the core.

i almost want to install the update. but for some reason after doing the dll copy paste name change thing my PPD has gone up. now doing 5100-5600 PPD. and its not because of the point value of the WU. my TPF's are even lower. usually do 4 minute TPF's right now at 3:47 and 3:39 running the P11179 GPU3 WU. going to keep an eye on it for a few WU's before i decide to update the core.

It's an optical illusion. :p

Anyone having a problem with FaySpy (2.0.1) not showing progress after deleting and restarting?

Nope - did that. I get project details just no progress in the meter. The log shows progress completed.

The problem is that the new core now shows actual step numbers in addition to percent complete and the new format throws FAHSpy for a loop. HFM doesn't have this problem because it is a better written application.

Example: [02:48:27] Completed 1% ( 500000 steps out of 50000000)

However, I talked with the core developer today and convinced him to change the format so it will match the same log output format as the CPU cores. This will then fix FAHSpy. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on this but it'd probably happen before the author of FAHSpy got around to do anything.

The problem is that the new core now shows actual step numbers in addition to percent complete and the new format throws FAHSpy for a loop. HFM doesn't have this problem because it is a better written application.

Example: [02:48:27] Completed 1% ( 500000 steps out of 50000000)

However, I talked with the core developer today and convinced him to change the format so it will match the same log output format as the CPU cores. This will then fix FAHSpy. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on this but it'd probably happen before the author of FAHSpy got around to do anything.

Thanks - NOt a big deal just a odd thing I noticed. If I am Jonesing for a progress bar I will us HFM.

Thanks - NOt a big deal just a odd thing I noticed. If I am Jonesing for a progress bar I will us HFM.

well hfm doesnt have a progress bar which is why some people have stuck with fahspy. not sure if fahmon has a progress bar but it also lacks a ton of information. person to ask for help with fahspy would be apollo, i believe he's still using it.

Back