"Crysis 4" confirmed with new teaser from Cytek.

if we ever reach total photo realism for any imaginable scene
Photorealism is slowly crawling into PC exclusive indie titles, when console limitations are ignored. Just look at the scene here at 3:58

Photorealism is slowly crawling into PC exclusive indie titles, when console limitations are ignored. Just look at the scene here at 3:58
For non interacted deformable environment without humans in it, even on console it is "getting" there if the Unreal 5 matrix movie promo demo is relevant to what to expect for actual future game.

It is obviously to be expected but this game is now getting to 15 year's old:

Imagine running the best looking game of 1992 in 2007 ?
Or the best looking game of 1977 in 1992 ?
fixed. but still very true. Games from 1992 looked like pixelated crap in 2007. I mean even if you choose 1993 to 2007 so that doom is included doom still looks like pixelated crap compared to 2007.

Division 1 is fucking beautiful in terms of graphics and detail (not just graphics detail but down to world building detail like pizza boxes from ninja turtles in random NYC alleys), no other way to put it, and probably the first time since Crysis me and my friends were like "wow" from a video game world again

Resident Evil 2 remake also the cheeseburger in the beginning I was like wow lol shit looks so real

Division 1 is fucking beautiful in terms of graphics and detail (not just graphics detail but down to world building detail like pizza boxes from ninja turtles in random NYC alleys), no other way to put it, and probably the first time since Crysis me and my friends were like "wow" from a video game world again
I completely agree. It still holds up today. A ton of reasons, but all those little things are amazing.

Check out the scene after a gunfight (on high detail levels). The car you hid behind has a bunch of bulletholes in the windshield where bullets actually went. The left front tire is flat - because it was hit by a round.

Little things for sure, but when we talk about "immersive" - that's the stuff.

Back