"Crysis 4" confirmed with new teaser from Cytek.

How is Cytek still in business? They were struggling a few years back and they really haven't released anything recently. I do t believe many developers are even licensing their engine either.
They sold their technology to Amazon. That likely kept them alive.

How is Cytek still in business? They were struggling a few years back and they really haven't released anything recently. I do t believe many developers are even licensing their engine either.
Not necessarily true. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CryEngine_games

• 8 games in development using the latest CryEngine V and 14 games released using CryEngine V within the last 6 years including their own Crysis Remastered Trilogy.
  • 8 games in development using CryEngine 3 and 30 games released on the same engine in the last 10 years.
So idk HOW much money they're making but plenty of folks seem to like the engine. I know I saw it used when I played the Sniper series. Also Star Citizen used it for 5 or 6 years before switching engine.

As zamardii12 pointed out, licensed their engine, also Hunt: Showdown has quite the fanbase, that's got to be a nice honeypot for them too.

Maybe we'll be able to run it maxed-out in 6 years... :LOL:
Unfortunately with the way things work nowadays, we will probably just get a console port that runs well on everything rather than pushing tech to its limits.

Fantastic! I was a huge fan of the Crysis games, and have probably played through the first one 20 to 30 times, and at least a dozen times for Crysis 2 and 3. Can't wait.

Reactions: noko
like this
I've never heard of Cytek before, so I didn't even know they were in business in the first place.

It'll probably be a fine looking game but of course have to come out on consoles and be limited by 3-4 year old xbox/ps5 hardware when PC's have GTX 4090's in them.

I don't expect anything to be the punisher Crysis 1 was -- they waited 14 years to remaster that and used the console version that looks worse in some aspects.

It'll probably be a fine looking game but of course have to come out on consoles and be limited by 3-4 year old xbox/ps5 hardware when PC's have GTX 4090's in them.

I don't expect anything to be the punisher Crysis 1 was -- they waited 14 years to remaster that and used the console version that looks worse in some aspects.
I am really not sure this is the case anymore... if done right. I mean The original Crysis to this day is still an impressive looking game and we all know how hard it was to run on PCs for a while, and that game also released on PS3 and Xbox 360... so I think this whole argument of console games holding PC games back has become kind of moot. If anything the developers don't push the PC version hard enough, and has nothing to do with consoles.

Last edited:
I am really not sure this is the case anymore... if done right. I mean The original Crysis to this day is still an impressive looking game and as we all know was hard to run on PCs for a while, and that game also released on PS3 and Xbox 360... so I think this whole argument of console games holding PC games back has become kind of moot. If anything the developers don't push the PC version hard enough, and has nothing to do with consoles.
Agreed, massive diminishing returns on it. And I wonder too how much effect it really has on sales as a whole. Especially now where no one can get cards anyways but when most people don't have what would be considered a high end gaming pc, then what is the use of trying to push graphics as hard as possible?

These games, at their best, were amazing.

But they deliberately tried to not be their best more than they really should. And sadly, they (Crytek) did the same thing over and over.

I just want them to recapture the magic of running around a jungle with a functional super suit, ambushing convoys and destroying bases while they try to hunt me. It was sad to me that they nerfed the suit in 2 and 3.

I enjoyed all three games including Warhead, the first game was probably the best with the open world design, too bad it's successors didn't follow that design. Hopefully this new installment will feature an open world, we don't need anymore generic FPS shooters.

Oh, and I wonder how much GPU horsepower it will require. No doubt current gen GPU's will max this out on a decent framerate, just like when the first game was released in 2007.

I was never able to finish number 3. I always got to the same part right when you first get in, and the game would just constantly crash. The weird part is that this happened on THREE completely different systems over the years. I was never able to make it work.

Never played Cysis after 1, which was borderline terrible to begin with.

Strong desire to buy the "#4". Stupid trailer.
Was that sarcasm? Even SLI Nvidia cards couldn't max Crysis out at the time and get over 60 fps consistently.
Had to be.

A new Crysis pushing the envelope with ray-tracing and physics would be pretty kickass.

I have yet to finish playing the 3rd one since I have a new laptop, my poor i3-370m/5650m radeon was giving me 15fps iirc, was able to the 2nd one fairly well atleast.

Crytek, DICE, CD Red and Valve. My Mt Rushmore when I got into PC gaming in 2009.
Things have changed too much to really care these days.

It feels like this will be a safe launch window purchase. But obviously it's way too early to say that with confidence.

Oh, and I wonder how much GPU horsepower it will require. No doubt current gen GPU's will max this out on a decent framerate, just like when the first game was released in 2007.

I imagine it is sarcastic,

To give a reference, not maxed out by any mean, NO AA and just regular high quality setting (not very high or anything extreme), a couple of 8800 GT SLI was not able to do 35 fps at the regular high end max resolution of 1600x1200:

crysis2.png

I doubt it will be like that in 2022, not only there will be a console release in mind and will make a very reasonable starting point...

SLI/Crossfire is not much of a thing nowaday
CPU/GPU power was exploding rapidly when those people were growing up and started to plan to make a game I would imagine, it slowed down considerably during the development, the notion of releasing a game to stretch the next 3-4 year's of hardware now that would ran significantly different of regular top end hardware then versus what it would do on a 5950x with a 3090 now.....
They want it to be an ads for an engine they sell now, how much it achieve to do on current midrange hardware (we are at the start of the PS5/Xbox cycle) is probably the main focus.

I can see raytracing options or other distance level to make the biggest powerful PC crawl down for the social media / review fun of it for sure, but would not be surprising to be able to playing at 60fps on high setting at 1080p on a regular 2070 super PC

Nothing like the even with the big GPU in SLI at high setting not getting 45fps at 1280x1024, or 40 fps in a single but biggest GPU would be my prediction.

Last edited:
I wasn't being sarcastic, anything less than 60 FPS isn't too enjoyable. Even I think 60 FPS isn't that great either because I'm using a 120Hz display.

To me the Crysis series, excluding 2, still stands as some of the best games in this particular sub-genre (sandbox FPS). They're really the only FPS games I can recall where I actually replayed the story mode several times. Although the story is tired drivel, the games themselves are just so much fun. The fact that they pushed the technical envelope on PC was also a big draw, and likely influenced a few GPU upgrades on my part. Hoping this new entry sticks to the pattern.

I had a lot of fun with Crysis 1. I was in awe of shooting trees and blowing up houses with fuel barrels. Plus the game just looked fantastic for the time. Spent some time tweaking it to where the pre ice areas ran decently.
The rest of the series were fine. I played through them with out being bored, which is more than I can say for games now days.

I wasn't being sarcastic, anything less than 60 FPS isn't too enjoyable. Even I think 60 FPS isn't that great either because I'm using a 120Hz display.

Now I am not sure if that meant you were sarcastic, did you mean you feel current GPU will have an issue running this at decent framerate with regular high setting at low resolution ?

"Will it run Crysis?" (Probably not. lol) Maybe we'll be able to run it maxed-out in 6 years... :LOL:

Oh and in case anyone forgot Crysis 3 came out 9 years ago in 2013... so it's possible we'll see a release in 2023 for the 10 year anniversary of the last installment? Who knows...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...age-appears-online-ahead-of-official-announce

I tried Crysis the Multiplayer sucked small map where the other team just went invisible. I never tried the 1st two games hard copies were gone.

I had a lot of fun with Crysis 1. I was in awe of shooting trees and blowing up houses with fuel barrels. Plus the game just looked fantastic for the time. Spent some time tweaking it to where the pre ice areas ran decently.
The rest of the series were fine. I played through them with out being bored, which is more than I can say for games now days.
THIS! It took me weeks to get past first level because I was in awe of the physics and freedom - like throwing barrels up hills and watching them roll back down and disturb foliage. And going to that little island that had all the weapons and vehicles in one spot, grabbing the shoulder fired nuke launcher and telling my friends "watch this".

Triple-SLI 8800GTX rig built just for Crysis in 2007.

People can shit on Crytek "I heArD tHeYre iN TrOuBlE bRo" and the Crysis series all they want but Crysis 1 was like the FPS woodstock.

I have never seen the number 4 rendered so well before! Have to admit though, I was hoping for something that looked like an actual game...

"Will it run Crysis?" (Probably not. lol) Maybe we'll be able to run it maxed-out in 6 years... :LOL:

Oh and in case anyone forgot Crysis 3 came out 9 years ago in 2013... so it's possible we'll see a release in 2023 for the 10 year anniversary of the last installment? Who knows...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...age-appears-online-ahead-of-official-announce
After Crysis Remastered ending up a worse version than the original with inferior technology because it was based on the X360 port, I'm not holding any hopes for this one.

Reactions: M76
like this
Unfortunately with the way things work nowadays, we will probably just get a console port that runs well on everything rather than pushing tech to its limits.

Considering how well consoles are now and how much GPU's cost, I am happy with that.

It is obviously to be expected but this game is now getting to 15 year's old:

Imagine running the best looking game of 1992 in 2007 ?
Or the best looking game of 1977 in 1992 ?

In a way it is nice, stability (x64) made longevity of hardware great and obviously it was inevitable that progress would look like a log, if we ever reach total photo realism for any imaginable scene, it could not continue to progress in that regard, but how much progress was slower in the last 15 year's is quite something (from the gamer pov, if you run a streaming server farm like Netflix maybe it is really impressive what happened in those 15 year's)....

A bit like thinking about the speed of change outside personal computer slowing down a lot from the explosion between 1859 and 1929 and the next 70 years 1929 and 1999.

Last edited:
Back