Crucial MX500 1TB SSD SATA = $62

Susquehannock

Supreme [H]ardness
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anybody else find it amazing that we've been dealing with SATA for 2 full decades - and that isn't exactly dead yet, either?

Just imagine having seen the same storage standard alive and kicking from '83 to '03+

dammit, still $95CAN

Anybody else find it amazing that we've been dealing with SATA for 2 full decades - and that isn't exactly dead yet, either?

Just imagine having seen the same storage standard alive and kicking from '83 to '03+
ide was '86 -'03, so close. sata is more versatile.

same can be said about sata. how nit-picky you wanna get?!
SATA was all over PCs and Macs in 2003. *shrugs* I have any number of Athlon 64 boards I can reach for that have SATA.

Anyways, not meaning to derail. Just thinking out loud.

I'm not surprised by that at all.
In my main rig here that I'm posting from, I've already populated all of it's PCI-E slots. And the motherboard doesn't have any built in M.2 slots either, however I do have an unused SATA port available.
So a product like this makes a lot of sense for folks like me who don't worry about always being on the bleeding edge of hardware.

Back