Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16, is there a catch?

Opus131

Limp Gawd
This is for a Ryzen 5600x build. Current price on Amazon in my country is 93 euros. That's very good for the specs, which got me wondering whether i'm missing something.

This is for a Ryzen 5600x build. Current price on Amazon in my country is 93 euros. That's very good for the specs, which got me wondering whether i'm missing something.
You can also buy 3200 CL16 and overclock to 3600 as well.

Same prices, so not worth it. I was kinda hoping of taking those to 3800. If i remember that's one good spot for the infinity fabric of the 5000 series, right? They are E-Die but i think they should handle a small OC like that.

Same prices, so not worth it. I was kinda hoping of taking those to 3800. If i remember that's one good spot for the infinity fabric of the 5000 series, right? They are E-Die but i think they should handle a small OC like that.
with some tweaking and voltage bump it can run 3800 CL16 as well

Back around the days of their DDR-2 offerings, I had a couple of their DDR1066 sticks, which went bad after a year or two; trying to get them RMA'd was akin to pulling teeth, to say the least. I seem to recall they might have required a little more voltage than others - Possibly bad bins?

Has Crucial's QC process improved since then? They're not the only ones in the game anymore.

Back around the days of their DDR-2 offerings, I had a couple of their DDR1066 sticks, which went bad after a year or two; trying to get them RMA'd was akin to pulling teeth, to say the least. I seem to recall they might have required a little more voltage than others - Possibly bad bins?

Has Crucial's QC process improved since then? They're not the only ones in the game anymore.
Oh yes not even comparable. I had some also back around that same era and had a similar experience. The good news is they are on their A game with customer service now, and thankfully most ram runs at advertised speed with advertised voltage. This isn’t really an issue anymore.

Youtuber buildzoid thinks highly of this RAM. He's got a few videos doing tests with varioius Crucial kits from this series.

I have a 32Gb set (2x16Gb) which does DDR-4000, at 1.37v and no change to timings.

got same kit im pretty sure i do 3800mhz with them with some tweaked timings i havet really tried 4000 not sure if my 5950x will do uck 2000.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...16g36c16u4w_ballistix_32gb_16x2_3600_mhz.html

ZenTimings_Screenshot.png

I have the [email protected] 3600 kit, and it was not stable @1.35v or 1.36v and 3600 with xmp enabled.
It did pass memtest64 at 1.36v, but then the computer crashed an hour or two later (an Asus Dark Hero showing the memory error amber light after the crash).
It has been running at 1.37v for about 12 hours and hasn't crashed yet. Fingers crossed.

I have the [email protected] 3600 kit, and it was not stable @1.35v or 1.36v and 3600 with xmp enabled.
It did pass memtest64 at 1.36v, but then the computer crashed an hour or two later (an Asus Dark Hero showing the memory error amber light after the crash).
It has been running at 1.37v for about 12 hours and hasn't crashed yet. Fingers crossed.
64 gig of RAM is going to be a lot tougher on the memory controller than 16 or even 32. You might need to increase the SOC voltage a bit to give the memory controller a little extra voltage to work with.

then im SOL on getting this 128gb kit to 3800mhz by sounds of things. ill post some zen timings SC soon as i can.

then im SOL on getting this 128gb kit to 3800mhz by sounds of things. ill post some zen timings SC soon as i can.
3800 sounds a bit optimistic for 128GB. Is XMP working out for you without any manual bumping RAM voltage?
For my 64GB, t's been 20 hours for me at XMP and and manually adjusting RAM to 1.37v, mostly surfing Google Chrome, gaming on Rust, and running YouTube while I sleep, and no crash.
I just want to get the rated 3600, though I suppose 3800 would be nice.

Back