Crosshair VII Hero UEFI Build Update C7H BIOS 1001

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103702-Crosshair-VII-Hero-UEFI-Build-Update-Thread
- Still AGESA 1.0.0.2
- ACPI WMI sensor interface v2 (should not cause fan lockups together with updated software)
- Fixed HAMP FAN source can't be set properly
- Supposedly fixes issues with some keyboards not working in UEFI
- Other fixes as well, but nothing that was mentioned here IIRC
- We're going straight for 1.0.0.6, target is end of October.

C7H https://www.mediafire.com/file/o1o1h...-1001.zip/file

C7H Wi-Fi https://www.mediafire.com/file/c4464...-1001.zip/file

Anyone tried out the latest bios? Or should we wait for 1.0.0.6?

I'm curious if this is any different than the 0012 BIOS version that's floating around but I don't even see that version mentioned in the thread. Hopefully they have the WMI thing figured out but I'm mainly interested in an AGESA update and whether it improves memory compatibility.

I thought they were targeting late sep-early oct for the 1.0.0.6 AGESA update, they must be having a lot of trouble with these since they skipped 1.0.0.4(not sure what ever happened to 1.0.0.5).

I'm curious if this is any different than the 0012 BIOS version that's floating around but I don't even see that version mentioned in the thread. Hopefully they have the WMI thing figured out but I'm mainly interested in an AGESA update and whether it improves memory compatibility.

I thought they were targeting late sep-early oct for the 1.0.0.6 AGESA update, they must be having a lot of trouble with these since they skipped 1.0.0.4(not sure what ever happened to 1.0.0.5).
Seems like im still on 804 for time being.....first i hear of bios 0012 version

Yeah I'm still on 0702, Elmor posted the 0012 over on OCN and I saw it mentioned at least one other place. He mentioned something about it being a test of the WMI changes which is why I was curious if it was the same as that one just with a progressive version number.

Everything is working fine for me I'm just hoping that a future AGESA update will allow me to run my memory with GearDownMode disabled, that might be wishful thinking though.

Yeah I'm still on 0702, Elmor posted the 0012 over on OCN and I saw it mentioned at least one other place. He mentioned something about it being a test of the WMI changes which is why I was curious if it was the same as that one just with a progressive version number.

Everything is working fine for me I'm just hoping that a future AGESA update will allow me to run my memory with GearDownMode disabled, that might be wishful thinking though.
Is GearDownMode a big performance hit? I have seen the option but no idea about it

Is GearDownMode a big performance hit? I have seen the option but no idea about it

Based on what I've read and experienced the hit is small but it is there, it can help get memory stable and is kind of a halfway step between 1T and 2T except with much less than half the performance hit. It took a little work to get my system to even boot with the memory over 3200 Mhz without enabling it but with it I can easily get 3466 stable with decent but not great timings.

I've been meaning to tighten my timings some but I was hearing that the next AGESA update was supposed to improve memory compatibility so I've been holding off hoping for some improvements first.

Im using 1002 now....but i wonder if its newer than 1101? I can go back to 1101 if its newer....dont recall having much issues with either but i think 1101 may have had beter turbo clocks?

Back