Creality CR10 S4 Mobo and Firmware Replacement...

notarat

2[H]4U
So...We had a power hit the other day. As a result, the motherboard of my CR-10 S4 is fried. (as in I watched as copious amounts of the magic smoke left the control box.)

I connected the control box of my other CR-10 (the 300x300) to it to verify the steppers and other items are functional(they are)

Looks like I am in the market for a replacement motherboard and firmware image in order to get this one up and operational once more.

I understand there have been several changes in the firmware (as well as changes to the printer in the form of things like the BL Touch) but I haven't really kept up with the changes since I stopped "tinkering" with it long ago in order to actually "use" it.

I'm electronically inclined enough to have built my Rostock Delta from kit so I'm not averse to installing a motherboard or installing a BL Touch at the same time...

Do any of you have a recommended place where I can buy a new motherboard and download a firmware image?

I would go with a replacement oem board, and put a recent Tiny Machines firmware on it.

I installed a BLTouch, and installed the supported tiny machines firmware on my otherwise stock CR10V2. It was much better than the sock firmware, ram on the board that came with the unit, and the BLT worked with no setup or no editing of the firmware manually.

I'll check out the tiny machines firmware this weekend. I did check out the Creality OEM boards but there seem to be multiple versions of it so I guess my best bet is to remove the mobo and match it against the pics on the creality site

thanks

I would check on the BigtreeTech SKR boards with Marlin. I did that jump on my Ender3Pro and have had a positive experience as well as super quiet.

Ex: for 1.3 (though I think 1.4 is out now)

you could also check Tiny Machines and see what boards they support. I am sure they support most boards that are 32 bit and support marlin.

you could also check Tiny Machines and see what boards they support. I am sure they support most boards that are 32 bit and support marlin.
I second Tiny Machines, I've replaced several of my older CR-10's and upgraded them to 10s as well as my 10s5. Great customer service. The only problem finding stuff in stock here in the states.

I'm expecting arrival of my bltouch today. Already replaced the main board with a new atmega v2.2 with the bltouch firmware loaded from tiny machines.

I also picked up a z axis synch kit and new springs since the old ones are sacked out a bit.

I also sold my creality cr-10s 300*300*300 model and bought a new cr-10 max so I have 2 of the larger format printers.

That brings me back to 5 printers,lol

I'm expecting arrival of my bltouch today. Already replaced the main board with a new atmega v2.2 with the bltouch firmware loaded from tiny machines.

I also picked up a z axis synch kit and new springs since the old ones are sacked out a bit.

I also sold my creality cr-10s 300*300*300 model and bought a new cr-10 max so I have 2 of the larger format printers.

That brings me back to 5 printers,lol
I started with one and up to 14 now I totally understand. I need to sell a few of the older ones.

Back