CR-10S Heated Bed 110v upgrade question?

Has anyone else done this mod? I got my heating pad, relay, and have taken the stock bed apart. The aluminum build plate sends fused to the DC heating element, and that's my "problem."

The bill of materials for the project was for a different printer and included a new build plate, but I couldn't find a plate the correct size for my CR-10S and decided to try with the stock bed. I need to find a way to get that existing element off the bottom of the plate or, I'm also considering just leaving it there and installing the new heat pad over it. I figure it will insulate a little bit but maybe it will still work.

Any advice?

Has anyone else done this mod? I got my heating pad, relay, and have taken the stock bed apart. The aluminum build plate sends fused to the DC heating element, and that's my "problem."

The bill of materials for the project was for a different printer and included a new build plate, but I couldn't find a plate the correct size for my CR-10S and decided to try with the stock bed. I need to find a way to get that existing element off the bottom of the plate or, I'm also considering just leaving it there and installing the new heat pad over it. I figure it will insulate a little bit but maybe it will still work.

Any advice?
If you want to do it the best way, get a piece of mic-6 cast aluminum tooling plate from a metal supplier. They'll cut it to whatever size you want, then you'll have to drill your own holes for the bed leveling screws. I wouldn't install a silicone heating pad on top of an integrated heating element personally.

Back