counter strike 1.6

syn3rgyz

Gawd
So I fired it up lately, but what the hell is going on. Sometimes servers dont show up, or even if it does its a list of foreign servers that give me insane pings. And most of the servers redirect me to other servers that are filled with bots or are empty. I thought that maybe no one played this game anymore but the steam stats says otherwise.

So I fired it up lately, but what the hell is going on. Sometimes servers dont show up, or even if it does its a list of foreign servers that give me insane pings. And most of the servers redirect me to other servers that are filled with bots or are empty. I thought that maybe no one played this game anymore but the steam stats says otherwise.

You know I had the same thing happen to me. probably some weird firewall thing but I wasn't feeling nostalgic enough to troubleshoot.

Those Steam stats are international, not just North America. Only the non-steam 1.6 community is still active. Most normal (VAC) servers are just idle with bots, or redirect, as you said. Look for "non-steam" in the name of 1.6 servers to find ones with real and active players.

Still looking at those Steam stats, it blows my mind how many people still play 1.6. Personally, I've gone to the lazy way of playing CS. Gun game. Friends just get into the game more playing gun game then regular cs. They always complain about waiting for the round to finish.

cs_militia was by far my fave map on 1.6

Back