Countdown to 13900KS

I might get the 13900KS. I'm leaning towards it. I just hope the price is reasonable and not astronomically high. I have the SN850X 4tb and 64gb C32 6000 ram on the Z790 Aorus Master so It would be a very fitting top of the line chip for the rest of the high end components I have. If I didn't have all these nice pieces I would otherwise be perfectly content with my 12700KF.

I might get the 13900KS. I'm leaning towards it. I just hope the price is reasonable and not astronomically high. I have the SN850X 4tb and 64gb C32 6000 ram on the Z790 Aorus Master so It would be a very fitting top of the line chip for the rest of the high end components I have. If I didn't have all these nice pieces I would otherwise be perfectly content with my 12700KF.
Which memory did you get?

13900KS just released at $730. Good news is that the power and temps are around the same as the 13900K, bad news is that you are paying 20% more for 1-2% performance. I was hoping for better but it only boosts to 6Ghz for a couple of seconds until it throttles. I probably will just get the 13900K. This chip is good if you want a golden bin CPU.

Now we know why they didn't announce it at CES. 25watt more TDP with pretty much no improvement (unless you like benchmarks). It also only max boosts to 6Ghz in a few second short burst then goes down to 5.4Ghz. In fact the sustained boost is only 40Mhz faster than the 13900K.

Last edited:
13900KS just released at $730. Good news is that the power and temps are around the same as the 13900K, bad news is that you are paying 20% more for 1-2% performance. I was hoping for better but it only boosts to 6Ghz for a couple of seconds until it throttles. I probably will just get the 13900K. This chip is good if you want a golden bin CPU.

Now we know why they didn't announce it at CES. 25watt more TDP with pretty much no improvement (unless you like benchmarks). It also only max boosts to 6Ghz in a few second short burst then goes down to 5.4Ghz. In fact the sustained boost is only 40Mhz faster than the 13900K.

Ouch, even bigger furnace for margin of error gains. AMD X3D it is.

I don't know why you people expected it any different. All the other KS were the same. Over priced for minor gains and very hot.

Not surprised, was hoping at least 5 percent avg based on leaks which doesn’t seem to be the case.

I don't know why you people expected it any different. All the other KS were the same. Over priced for minor gains and very hot.
that might be however... when I went from a 12900K to the 12900KS, the OC headroom was a huge difference. Much lower voltage needed. I think i got a decent 13900K this go around so I dont think ill be getting the 13900KS as my current chip is @ 6ghz all core @ 1.370. Dont really want to spend 700$ to maybe get another 1-200MHz a tthis voltage

Back