Could someone recommend an SSD drive tray for Dell hotswap caddies?

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
i.e. one that puts the SATA ports at the same location as the HDD SAS connectors.

Buying in UK.

I have a few of the Icy Dock EZConvert MB882SP-1S-2B but it seems to me that the circuit board that's in there is not fully "transparent" - i.e. I get some odd results sometimes even if the drive is properly seated.

So perhaps ideally just a piece of metal I can screw the SSD into that places the ports in the proper place and has the rest of the holes to masquerade as a 3.5" HDD.

I have used these in HP microservers for SSDs, they have worked just fine for a few years now. https://www.amazon.co.uk/NewerTechn...F8&qid=1489316763&sr=8-1&keywords=adaptadrive
I donno man... seems like a hassle to install

Screenshot from 2017-03-12 12-14-01.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: Ronco
like this
The drive tray I linked to has the holes for 2.5" drives already. Why add an unnecessary interface? 2.5" drives are set up to plug into the same place a 3.5" drive is.

I just tested it out on my T320, using the stock tray (identical to the listing), and it worked fine.

I picked up equivalents I managed to find - seems like they sell it under a different name in every continent lol

I'll come here and rant if they don't fit

Back