Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

Is anyone using SF600 in combination with Vega graphics cards? Any issues with OCP on the power supply tripping if the Vega is overclocked/set in turbo mode?

Is anyone using SF600 in combination with Vega graphics cards? Any issues with OCP on the power supply tripping if the Vega is overclocked/set in turbo mode?
I use to use the SF600 with a Vega LC but not OC since it was drawing around 480w from the wall - Intel system below. Once I stuck some 1080Ti's in that setup I got a 850 watt Seasonic retiring the SF600. The SF600 worked fine just limited on the OCing, the Vega card does not OC well unless you really cool the GPU to less than 60c anyways as a note. Now I did do some test run OCing with power up to around 590w - Power Supply never choked but I would not game that way. Now it is in the closet. Great PS from my experience.

Anny thougts or experiece with the new 92mm fan? From what i understan it spinns up easily? Hoping for passive uner 100w

I orded a 600w im gonna test the fan and the passive mode. According to corsair the 750w is passive from 300w and down. Might be the CU heatsink? No such info on the 600w

Last edited:
Well, where to begin :) According to the manual the 450w is passive up to 180w, and the 600w is supposed to be passive up to 240w. I thought no way when i read this.

so i scraped together a system, of i5-2320, gtx770 and 3,5 inch drive. did some runs with f@h as i ran 3dmark 2006 1080P with max settings. its puling an average of 235W form the wall, peaks at 255w and the fan doesn't spin up at all. I guess a gtx 1080 with a I5 cpu would have such a powerdraw,

In quite blown away by this psu, was hoping for passive f@h at 100w draw. And there's NO coil whine

need to find a way to stress the system more..... need a vega 7. furmark and prime95 started the fan at 275w.

Last edited:
Reactions: dglow
like this
Well, where to begin :) According to the manual the 450w is passive up to 180w, and the 600w is supposed to be passive up to 240w. I thought no way when i read this.

so i scraped together a system, of i5-2320, gtx770 and 3,5 inch drive. did some runs with f@h as i ran 3dmark 2006 1080P with max settings. its puling an average of 235W form the wall, peaks at 255w and the fan doesn't spin up at all. I guess a gtx 1080 with a I5 cpu would have such a powerdraw,

In quite blown away by this psu, was hoping for passive f@h at 100w draw. And there's NO coil whine

need to find a way to stress the system more..... need a vega 7. furmark and prime95 started the fan at 275w.
Thanks a lot for this. I was wandering the internet, hoping to find someone who was not a proffesional tester and just did a test at his home. And I found you. Brilliant. Please tell me how loud was the fan around 300-350w if you can or when it started for you during your last test.

Last edited:
Dont have a GPU to stress the system. maby mid next week ill manage to do a furmark on a 1070 with ryzen 3700x. but i really cant se anny scenario where sf600 could be heard over the other components under such load. what components are upu running?

8700K, GTX970, restrictive ITX case- I'll never hear this little gem before those two.

Dont have a GPU to stress the system. maby mid next week ill manage to do a furmark on a 1070 with ryzen 3700x. but i really cant se anny scenario where sf600 could be heard over the other components under such load. what components are upu running?

Similar system in DAN A4 (with 1080). The cpu cooler is definitely much louder. I think the 90mm case fan i have under the cpu is still louder than the PSU fan. I'll keep an eye out at which load the fan starts spinning. But all in all i'm really happy with this purchase, coming from the Silverstone 450 SFX.

I believe the 750W system is not "per se" better for a quiet system, as the curve is more aggressive once on (higher rpm's). But that's not evident from the official site or box-art, recall was review comparison.

Following review is really what convinced me to get this PSU:

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2018/11/06/corsair-sf600-platinum-power-supply/

Last edited:
Back