Corsair SF600 600w SFX Powersupply

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-sf600-sfx-psu,29317.html

corsair-sfx-psu_w_600.jpg

corsair-sfx-psu-2_w_600.jpg

600w. Fully modular. 92mm fan.

The max power output of the SF600 is 600 W, as its model number implies, and its efficiency is 80 PLUS Gold certified. Although we usually find 80 mm fans inside such small PSUs, which in most cases are noisy, Corsair managed to squeeze a 92 mm fan into the SF600. The larger fan will be able to rotate at lower speeds, while providing enough airflow to keep the PSU at normal temperatures. The original manufacturer (OEM) of the SF600 is High Power, which lately has made a strong entry into the SFX PSU market where up until now, Enhance Electronics dominated the field.

Just sent a message to Corsair's Facebook and found out it's scheduled for a Q4 release. Guess we'll be waiting on those reviews. Hopefully it'll be ready by the time the A4 ships.

Screenshot: http://1drv.ms/1MQaJEm

good to see more competition. maybe they'll also have an sfx-l sometime down the road too

They mentioned Q4 when it was first shown

My bad. Didn't see it anywhere in the articles I scoured. Hopefully it's the start of Q4! :) I just want a quiet SFX PSU. It's too bad the fan in the Silverstone SFX makes that annoying noise.

I really hope Corsair hits this out of the park.

It looks really attractive, with a symmetrically placed 92mm fan. I guess they managed to re-arrange the inside to make the fan fit. It always felt strange that SilverStone only managed to squeeze in a 80mm fan in there.

But... what are the odds Corsair launches the perfect SFX PSU? Close to zero, I guess. I am sure it will have some of the usual traditional problems;

• non-japanese caps to save $5
  • low quality loud fan to save $5
  • custom height on the fan (they like proprietary stuff), 11mm or something, making finding replacement fan impossible
  • drowns the fan connector in glue, with an atomic bomb attached, making it hard to replace the fan
  • messed up fan profile (too aggressive, goes from 200 rpm to 1500 rpm after temperature threshold X was reached)
  • messed up passive mode (heard it was passive to 30% load, or threshold temperature?)
  • coil whine (cheap components, don't want to spend $5 to "glue" the coils)
  • suspicious not so easily replaceable fan grill, mounted form the inside (wrong grill pattern can cause more noise than others when air flows through)

I just want Seasonic or Superflower to come up with an OEM SFX psu design. Something tells me that is probably in the works since the SFF market has gained a bit in popularity. In regards to Corsair, the only units worth looking at are the AX series and possibly the HX series. The rest are just above average at best sacrificing quality of capacitors.

But... what are the odds Corsair launches the perfect SFX PSU? Close to zero, I guess. I am sure it will have some of the usual traditional problems;

• non-japanese caps to save $5
  • low quality loud fan to save $5
  • custom height on the fan (they like proprietary stuff), 11mm or something, making finding replacement fan impossible
  • drowns the fan connector in glue, with an atomic bomb attached, making it hard to replace the fan
  • messed up fan profile (too aggressive, goes from 200 rpm to 1500 rpm after temperature threshold X was reached)
  • messed up passive mode (heard it was passive to 30% load, or threshold temperature?)
  • coil whine (cheap components, don't want to spend $5 to "glue" the coils)
  • suspicious not so easily replaceable fan grill, mounted form the inside (wrong grill pattern can cause more noise than others when air flows through)

lol aint that the truth :D

All I know is I'm jumping ship the moment a better option than the SX600-G becomes available, the noise it makes is annoying as hell. Would be cool if Seasonic came out with an SFX PSU.

I heard it was October... But now soon November. Tired of these paper launches and likely 6+ months of waiting.

I want this so bad! Cmon corsair!

Talked with a rep that told me it was still on schedule for a Q4 release.

Jonnyguru on Corsair forums said they are allocating the first batches for their Bulldog system, but that it's still on schedule for November release. Don't think their Bulldog system will sell, but the SF600 might. Best to keep expectations low, though.

Jonnyguru on Corsair forums said they are allocating the first batches for their Bulldog system, but that it's still on schedule for November release. Don't think their Bulldog system will sell, but the SF600 might. Best to keep expectations low, though.

He just updated that thread and it looks like it got pushed to CES launch date. Why even announce it almost a year in advance. :(

By the time it gets released, Silverstone will have it's Platinum 700W PSU, without delays I hope. How much of an impact will this PSU have by then ? It should have been sold by now.

It will definiately be a nice alternative , because Silverstone has pretty much a monopoly on high power SFX(-L) PSUs. I'm happy that another known brand produces SFX. Defineately would love to see a 600w SFX unit from Seasonic or some other variety to open up choices since there are some nearly perfect ATX units out there, however the SFX ones mostly have some kind of nitpick (not blaming them, 600w in that tiny of a package is quite an achivement). I'm afraid though that SFX units are too much of a niche technology, since they only make sense for SFF systems...

By the time it gets released, Silverstone will have it's Platinum 700W PSU, without delays I hope. How much of an impact will this PSU have by then ? It should have been sold by now.

Well the 700W one is SFX-L and the corsair one is SFX.

I prefer the smaller SFX size if their fan is not too loud under load.

The 700W one will probably be super quiet as you'll only be drawing around half that with any single GPU card, under load. Combined with a larger fan too.

lol

I own the Silverstone Strider SST-SX600-G SFX and I just love when the fan kicks in, it's like a 1960's Science Fiction B movie! you have got to love that sound...

Otherwise it's performing great.

So January of 2016, maybe in stock/shipping from Newegg by February…?!? I am hoping it is going to be quality components & quiet operation. I REALLY like the extra watts & Platinum rating the (forthcoming) Silverstone SFX-L model will bring, but if Corsair can come up with a really reliable & quiet SFX model, then the lesser size wins…!

Hopefully we're still on track for January! I would love to replace the Silverstone SX600 SFX I'm using right now... it's too noisy.

Japanese capacitors, a 92mm fan, AND a 450w version…!?!

SO awesome, looking forward to using the 450w version & saving a few bucks!

I'm unsure whether I should get the 450 or 600 version. Using the eXtreme power supply calculator I get a wattage of 354. So I guess 450 should be enough, but would 600 be useful for future upgrades?

Both PSUs are made by Great Wall and feature a fully modular cabling design, a semi-passive operation and will be backed up by a seven year warranty period.
"Great Wall"? Who are these guys? Anyway, seven years warranty, wow.

So glad I held off on finishing my build. PSU was one of the items I was waiting on, specifically the SF600. Can't wait to see if the February time line stays on course.

"Great Wall"? Who are these guys? Anyway, seven years warranty, wow.

Great Wall is actually one of the largest Chinese PSU makers. They did make many other Corsair PSUs (such as the CS line http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/01/15/corsair_cs550m_550w_power_supply_review/#.VpUrsfkrJaQ) but were also responsible for the quite good OCZ (now.. Firepower?) ZX line.

Mainly they make PSUs all over the efficiency and quality spectrum.

I mean hell, I remember when people thought Super Flower was a shitty PSU maker and now they make the EVGA G2 line, the Andyson Platinum line as well as a few other very high end PSU lines.

Can't wait to see how this one compares the the silverstone. Here's to hoping it's better, I really wasn't enthusiastic about the problems with the 600w version.

I wonder if they do ripple suppression via caps on the cables again, just like on the RMx/RMi series. To be honest, I hope not. Really sucks when you do custom cables and sleeving. They should do the suppression inside the PSU, not outside.

2 months later anyone hearing anything credible?

Back