Corsair Obsidian 800D/700D USB 3.0 Front Panel Upgrade!

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
If this has already been posted my apologies but I don't see it currently on the Cases + Modding forum...

Corsair has granted enthusiasts like us a great boon with the introduction of a front panel upgrade kit for the Corsair Obsidian 800 and 700 models! The more recent Obsidian 650D MidTower includes a USB 3.0 enabled front panel, but the premiere 800D and 700D were introduced prior to USB 3.0's common usage, with 2.0 ports instead.

Where most companies would simply tell us to buy a newer case version if we wanted an upgrade, Corsair proves its dedication to the enthusiast community again with this affordable upgrade kit.

Corsair Link: http://www.corsair.com/cases/case-a...00d-700d-front-panel-usb-3-0-upgrade-kit.html
SKU# CC800D-USB3KIT

At the moment, I don't see it available from Newegg or Amazon, but at $15 from Corsair direct, its not the sort of thing that warrants lots of price comparison. You may wish to buy another item you wish from Corsair direct at the same time, as the $8 UPS shipping is tad expensive, but may be better value of you are able to purchase multiple items.

Thanks again Corsair and I look forward to future modular upgrades when they are possible. Perhaps a SATA 6.0 backplane for the hotswap bay? Mayhap a 5.25 bay mutlifunction bay device (Enthusiast-grade touchscreen fan controller, temp monitor, and watercooling temp/flow monitor connection, along with additional USB3.0, eSATA ports, media card reader and anything else Corsair thinks useful and possible)?

Enjoy this [H] upgrade!

Last edited:
Nice. WTG Corsair!

I hope SilverStone does something similar for the RV02!

Now us 800D owners need a more modern SATA backplane for our hot-swap bays.

Backplane should be on the store next week for about $10. SATA 6Gbps compatible.

Hi All
Xaeos did such a great job expressing how all of 800D owners feel that all I can add is Well Done Corsair.

Love it. I'll definitely be getting these in a year or so whenever I upgrade to a mobo with USB 3 and SATA 6Gbps.

Corsair hasnt had this for awhile and google search I cant find a seller. Any Idea where to buy this? CC800D-USB3KIT

Honestly you don't want it.

I got it but have the USB3 cables coiled and not used. I'll wait till they put out one with a standard USB3 Internal header.

Yep went to buy it last night and all sold out. Im just taking apart the front panel usb 3.0 kit that comes with my asus board and pluging it in to that and hidding the cables.

Are you guys saying to use the usb 3 headers we have to route the cable to the outside of the case into the motherboard's existing usb 3 slots? That doesn't sound like a very good idea :(

Your Asus Deluxe came with that front break out box with 2 usb 3.0 ports. I'm just going to take that apart so you just have the plug ins then plug the Corsair 3.0's into that so it's just cable to cable. Then just hide them. That way it's all in the case. Granted it's a bunch of cables but it will work if you want usb 3.0 on the front of the case and want it to look stock. The 700d and 800d have a crap load of room behind the tray to hide them any way. Or you can get happy with the sodering iron and combine the asus one to the corsair ones and shorten them up.

If this has already been posted my apologies but I don't see it currently on the Cases + Modding forum...

Corsair has granted enthusiasts like us a great boon with the introduction of a front panel upgrade kit for the Corsair Obsidian 800 and 700 models! The more recent Obsidian 650D MidTower includes a USB 3.0 enabled front panel, but the premiere 800D and 700D were introduced prior to USB 3.0's common usage, with 2.0 ports instead.

Where most companies would simply tell us to buy a newer case version if we wanted an upgrade, Corsair proves its dedication to the enthusiast community again with this affordable upgrade kit.

Corsair Link: http://www.corsair.com/cases/case-a...00d-700d-front-panel-usb-3-0-upgrade-kit.html
SKU# CC800D-USB3KIT

At the moment, I don't see it available from Newegg or Amazon, but at $15 from Corsair direct, its not the sort of thing that warrants lots of price comparison. You may wish to buy another item you wish from Corsair direct at the same time, as the $8 UPS shipping is tad expensive, but may be better value of you are able to purchase multiple items.

Thanks again Corsair and I look forward to future modular upgrades when they are possible. Perhaps a SATA 6.0 backplane for the hotswap bay? Mayhap a 5.25 bay mutlifunction bay device (Enthusiast-grade touchscreen fan controller, temp monitor, and watercooling temp/flow monitor connection, along with additional USB3.0, eSATA ports, media card reader and anything else Corsair thinks useful and possible)?

Enjoy this [H] upgrade!
Good if you're in the US, shitty if you're not. UPS wants $43 in shipping with brokerages on top.

Your Asus Deluxe came with that front break out box with 2 usb 3.0 ports. I'm just going to take that apart so you just have the plug ins then plug the Corsair 3.0's into that so it's just cable to cable. Then just hide them. That way it's all in the case. Granted it's a bunch of cables but it will work if you want usb 3.0 on the front of the case and want it to look stock. The 700d and 800d have a crap load of room behind the tray to hide them any way. Or you can get happy with the sodering iron and combine the asus one to the corsair ones and shorten them up.

I like your thinking here!

Thanks, I was trying to figure it out and make it clean. I couldn't stand having a cable going across the inside of my computer then out the back. Just have to wait for the usb 3.0 replacements to come back in stock from corsair.

Thanks, I was trying to figure it out and make it clean. I couldn't stand having a cable going across the inside of my computer then out the back. Just have to wait for the usb 3.0 replacements to come back in stock from corsair.

Almost all cases in the market have this solution for USB 3 ports right now, as almost all last year's USB 3.0 motherboards did not have an internal header.

The internal header is a relatively recent addition and we're looking at fixing that as we go forward.

Oh I know it's cool. About to build a 700D with 2 XSPC RX360 internal Rad's :D Corsair power supply, memory and case. Maybe you all can hook me up with some SSD's :D

Back