Corsair H100i Platinum RGB SE vs. Capellix

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Why one over the other? Difference between the two other than the cosmetics?

Capellix should be coolit, same as pro XT. Capellix and pro XT also have higher speed fans. Pump and rad should give about the same or slightly better performance, but mostly it is brute force when you see review results that aren't noise normalized. E.g. you could swap to 3000rpm fans on the platinum and see better results in such benchmarks. Most cooler reviews are useless, if you care about noise, as they will gladly post 50db noise level tests as temps instead of at the noise levels that most users will use their coolers at.

I had the same question. IIRC, I read a Corsair rep and they said the Platinum SE and Cappelix should have the same performance when the fans are tuned identically. Out of box, Cappelix is better because the default fan curve is more aggressive.

The biggest advantage to the Cappelix is that fan control box.

I bought the Cappelix.

My 115i hit the skids, last night. Ordered the Capellix after reading this thread. Corsair also has the 115i Platinum on sale for $129, which is a pretty good deal.

My 115i hit the skids, last night. Ordered the Capellix after reading this thread. Corsair also has the 115i Platinum on sale for $129, which is a pretty good deal.
I placed an order for the $129.99 Platinum also, but it has been a week already, and still in Shipping Soon status only. Don't know what is going on.

I placed an order for the $129.99 Platinum also, but it has been a week already, and still in Shipping Soon status only. Don't know what is going on.
Interesting... I'm guessing that one is going to sell fast, so supplies might be tight.

Back