Core P3 with rigid tube build

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
Starting my build out , will be a 5900x with a 3080 or 6800xt

One snafu so far, the first piece of tube slightly touches the plug on the side of the pump which pushes the tube slightly making it look crooked. going to keep it for now, will reroute it once all components are in and I have a better idea of clearances.

IMG-20201031-WA0017.jpeg
IMG-20201031-WA0015.jpeg
20201101_172433.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first rigid tube build, any tips would be appreciated.

Chamfering leaves the tubes pretty rough still, is there some sort of technique?

I use 300 just because I had it laying around years ago when I first started. Does not have to be that fine, you are just making sure you have no jagged edges that could rip the inner o-ring of your fitting. I dont even use the chamfer thing anymore because it seemed to add jagged edges rather than remove them.

Leak testing! Good thing too, the cpu block sprung a pretty good leak, almost toasted my power supply, if the board was powered on, good chance it would have gotten cooked :)

Switched up some stuff, went with corsair fans to stay in the same ecosystem for lighting control, lets me avoid Asus Armory Crate (shudder)

20201230_202915.jpg

20201230_205105.jpg

20201230_225306.jpg

Last edited:
Did the cpu block leak due to user error or defect?
Due to fitting not being tightened. I had put it on for getting the tube measured, cut and bent, and forgot to tighten it when installing the tube.

Also I destroyed my x-flow rad, trying to install some counter sink plugs to mount it flush so that I can have the dust filter on the back. So I switched to a U-flow v2 from alphacool which has flush plugs available.

Last edited:
Really nice! I am almost happy with my P3 setup, but it's soft tube for now (MB / GPU upgrade in '21). I'll be keeping this in mind (although my layout is very different).

Interesting fans, what are they?
Corsair QL120 , awesome looking, terrible performance :) but the back or front both have the same look, which is one reason I went for them. I may switch the top bank of fans to ML120 Pro RGB, since they are much better on rads, and still have SOME led control

RIP V2, Welcome V2.5
-Top fans replaced with ML120 Pro RGB - lower fan speeds for same temps, and overall cooler temps at idle / low loads.
-Loop redone, I felt it was to complex / busy looking, I probably could have kept the gpu line coming back to the pump, and just redone the other one, but this seemed better to me. Also moved the drain valve between the top / bottom rad line near the bottom, it should make draining simpler. Lowered the pump slightly for a more balanced look too.
-
-Installed some heatsinks on the back of the GPU, re-padded the GPU with thermalright pads for memory as well. Memory temps dropped 6-8 degrees under mining load. Heatsinks get too freaking hot to touch, adding a 60MM noctua fan behind the card tomorrow.
5900x Sold, 5950X installed

20210410_024841.jpg20210410_125102.jpg20210410_125209.jpg20210407_001153.jpg

Good to know, I've been a bit afraid to try petg because of the horror stories of it popping melting out of the fittings later... But I figure that's at least half bad construction or really hot coolant.

Good to know, I've been a bit afraid to try petg because of the horror stories of it popping melting out of the fittings later... But I figure that's at least half bad construction or really hot coolant.

I have been running mine since December, I re-used 50% of the PETG bends and ends, nothing has been deformed, I think it starts somewhere around 60c, so as long as your pump doesn't fail, you're probably OK :)

Back