Coolermaster Stacker 830 FS/FT

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
Coolermaster Stacker 830 (Black for sale.) Comes with two 3 for 4 drive modules instead of the usual one. The case has been used but I still have the box for it and the case is in good shape. I can take pics on request.

Coolermaster Stacker 830 (Black) -$150.00 (SALE PENDING)

Feedback/references:

Heat under Firehawk0220 and Ebay as Sir-Spamalot.

I'd prefer local pickup, buyer pays extra for shipping and trades will be considered on a case by case basis.

me want. What kind of things might you be looking for in trade?

me want. What kind of things might you be looking for in trade?

Not sure. I don't have anything in particular I am looking for. There is also very little I need right now. I just made the comment that I'd entertain trades because there are always people wanting to trade this or that in these threads.

Is this the evolution version or the standard 830?

It's the Standard 830 and not the Evolution. If it were an Evolution or Stacker 832 I would have kept it. The standard 830 won't accept ATX PSU's longer than 7 inches in length. The ATX standard is six if I recall and my PC Power & Cooling unit is 7 Inches long and I had to invert it in order to make it fit. The Thermaltake ToughPower 1200watt certainly doesn't fit that case at 9 inches in length.

(Which is why I am currently using an Antec P182)

It's the Standard 830 and not the Evolution. If it were an Evolution or Stacker 832 I would have kept it. The standard 830 won't accept ATX PSU's longer than 7 inches in length. The ATX standard is six if I recall and my PC Power & Cooling unit is 7 Inches long and I had to invert it in order to make it fit. The Thermaltake ToughPower 1200watt certainly doesn't fit that case at 9 inches in length.

(Which is why I am currently using an Antec P182)

This is exactly why I asked :p I'm going to go with an 832 for my new build, though I was also considering a modded p182 with a side window. Knew finding an 830 evo for $150 was too good to be true :p

This is exactly why I asked :p I'm going to go with an 832 for my new build, though I was also considering a modded p182 with a side window. Knew finding an 830 evo for $150 was too good to be true :p

Well if you do go with a P182, I'll save you some headache and tell you what kind of problems you'll have right now. The fan in the lower chamber will have to be pulled from it's mount. No question about it. Now you can relocated the fan using regular plastic fan screws on the other side of the support and it will be out of the way. Unfortunately you won't get the clearance you need to place drives in that lower chamber because the fan will kill your clearance. Though some right angle SATA power and SATA data cables might take care of this issue. In my case that wasn't possible because my SAS controller uses a different type of cable. The name of it elludes me currently, but it's a single connection splitting out to four connections that supplies both power and data connectivity. The plugs are simply too large to give me the clearance I need in that lower chamber. A 9 Inch PSU will fit in there with some planning and careful installatoin but it's not a picknick. My PSU is modular and fortunately I had the foresight to make sure I connected all the cables I needed prior to installaiton. Had I installed the PSU and screwed it down, I wouldn't have been able to attach cables to it without removing the fan or the PSU itself.

Also, for SLI owners, cooling may be an issue for your bottom card. I'm still testing mine out and I think it will be ok, but it's not an ideal situation. I'll go with water blocks in the event it becomes a bigger issue, but know that SLI in a P182 will be a problem for most configurations. Another thing to be aware of is that the 8800GTX will make the top 3.5 inch hard drive cage virtually worthless. You will only be able to use the bottom drive bay in the case and only if there is nothing on the motherboard and there is not another card causing issues with it. In my case the RAID controller cabling is in the way and there is nothing I can really do about it. The final thing I don't like is that you can't really make your cabling neat, but you can hide it where it can't be seen. It still looks good when you are done. Also the new grommets and holes in the back are most welcome additions and the wire management provided on the back of the motherboard tray is nice as well.

I've ordered the P192 which should solve all of my problems. I'll retire the P182 I just got to another machine, so this P182 I bought won't go to waste.

Back