Cooler Master C700M case water cooling advice.

Mutko

n00b
Hey guys I wonder what radiators , pump and reservoir and stuff to get for my case.
Gonna have the following components:

MB: Gigabyte x570 Aurora Master
PSU: Corsair RM 850
CPU: AMD ryzen 5800x
GPU: RTX 3070
RAM: 4x8gb Patriot Viper Steel 4400mhz

So I want to water cool that setup and I wonder if I should get a MB+CPU water block or just CPU water block. Going to get a water block for the rtx 3070 too. Also not sure what Pump/reservoir and radiators to get. I know the case can support 2x420mm radiators but I don't know which would perform best. Not sparing any budget for this I just want the best performance I can get from water cooling .

Hey guys I wonder what radiators , pump and reservoir and stuff to get for my case.
Gonna have the following components:

MB: Gigabyte x570 Aurora Master
PSU: Corsair RM 850
CPU: AMD ryzen 5800x
GPU: RTX 3070
RAM: 4x8gb Patriot Viper Steel 4400mhz

So I want to water cool that setup and I wonder if I should get a MB+CPU water block or just CPU water block. Going to get a water block for the rtx 3070 too. Also not sure what Pump/reservoir and radiators to get. I know the case can support 2x420mm radiators but I don't know which would perform best. Not sparing any budget for this I just want the best performance I can get from water cooling .
money's no issue? just go to ek and use their configurator.

Me personally id go dual 420s or 360s and absolutely cpu/gpu blocks cuz if you can why half step?! :D
A single 420 rad or equivalent will be enough to cool your cpu and gpu but i would go 420+ just to give you some extra room.
My personal favorite components are,
Rads- hardwarelabs, any of them. Sr2 for extra ports, gtx, gtr, gts. They all cool great.
Res/pump combos- D5 pumps for slightly less noise. DDC pumps for improved head pressure but slightly more noise. Any res that will fit (measure twice) by Heatkiller, EK, XSPC there are many many more nice ones it just comes down to your taste.
Cpu blocks- heatkiller, ek, bitspower theres a new brand thats really good but my memory fails me. Someone will fill you in ;)
Gpu blocks- same as cpu blocks. Make sure your gpu actually has a block available. Not all do.
Fittings- barrow, bitspower, byski, be sure to configure your loop on paper 3 or 4 times until your certain you have everything straight. Having to put your build on hold for 1 or 2 fittings to show up sucks.
Rad fans- noctua or bequiet! High static pressure models are expensive but worth it, they last forever. There are loads of others that are good but ive had excellent luck with these.

Mb or mono blocks look cool but they arent worth the price imo. They generally dont allow for good cpu contact so dont cool well. With your 5800x you want an excellent cpu block.

Me personally id go dual 420s or 360s and absolutely cpu/gpu blocks cuz if you can why half step?! :D
A single 420 rad or equivalent will be enough to cool your cpu and gpu but i would go 420+ just to give you some extra room.
My personal favorite components are,
Rads- hardwarelabs, any of them. Sr2 for extra ports, gtx, gtr, gts. They all cool great.
Res/pump combos- D5 pumps for slightly less noise. DDC pumps for improved head pressure but slightly more noise. Any res that will fit (measure twice) by Heatkiller, EK, XSPC there are many many more nice ones it just comes down to your taste.
Cpu blocks- heatkiller, ek, bitspower theres a new brand thats really good but my memory fails me. Someone will fill you in ;)
Gpu blocks- same as cpu blocks. Make sure your gpu actually has a block available. Not all do.
Fittings- barrow, bitspower, byski, be sure to configure your loop on paper 3 or 4 times until your certain you have everything straight. Having to put your build on hold for 1 or 2 fittings to show up sucks.
Rad fans- noctua or bequiet! High static pressure models are expensive but worth it, they last forever. There are loads of others that are good but ive had excellent luck with these.

Mb or mono blocks look cool but they arent worth the price imo. They generally dont allow for good cpu contact so dont cool well. With your 5800x you want an excellent cpu block.
Good stuff ! I'll get all that then. I thought because the MB+CPU block is bigger it would have cooled a bit better but I'll just get a Barrow CPU block in that case . I've seen that there's a Barrow GPU block for the MSI RTX 3070 Suprim x and that's the only one I've found that will fit that model so I guess I'll go for that.
I would assume I should get all copper stuff copper radiators and everything so I don't mix any metals ?
Do I have to clean the radiators before installing them or any other tidbits I should know before starting the loop ?

Good stuff ! I'll get all that then. I thought because the MB+CPU block is bigger it would have cooled a bit better but I'll just get a Barrow CPU block in that case . I've seen that there's a Barrow GPU block for the MSI RTX 3070 Suprim x and that's the only one I've found that will fit that model so I guess I'll go for that.
I would assume I should get all copper stuff copper radiators and everything so I don't mix any metals ?
Do I have to clean the radiators before installing them or any other tidbits I should know before starting the loop ?
Mono blocks arent horrible dont get me wrong. One of the biggest detriments ( i failed to mention earlier) and also a positive is they cool the vrms as well as the cpu. Which they can do really well but they also dump all of that vrm heat back into the same chunk of metal thats cooling your cpu. The trade offs just arent worth it imo.

Ive heard good things about barrow blocks but ive only used their fittings and tubing firsthand. Ive never had an issue with either.

Copper rads/blocks and or nickel plated blocks are fine just avoid anything aluminum like the plague.

Cleaning your rads or at least rinsing and shaking them with distilled water before using them is a good idea. I also clean my fittings and orings with dawn dish soap to be certain there arent any leftover manufacturing oils or greases (they may cause nasty crud to form in your loop). Then give them a good rinse in distilled water before using them.

Lastly find a good clear fluid or additive to use that doesnt include colored crud. I havent tried any fluids yet but koolance and ek are supposed to be solid. Do some research on fluids if thats the route you choose is my best advice so you know what your buying. If you go with an additive youll have to research that as well, sorry. The petras pt-nuke i use isnt made anymore so i cant recommend anything until i run out and switch.
The reason i dont recommend using colored fluids is eventually any colored fluid will end up either clogging up your blocks and rads or staining everything or both. So using colored tubing is the safest route.

Back