Converting full tower PC to SFF - Need some help & tips! :)

Savi

Gawd
Hey as the title says, I'm tired of my full tower need to free up room, etc lol

I mainly need a Case, Motherboard, CPU Cooler, and a PSU, my budget is round $500 could go over if i need but dont think it will be more than &500. What I will be keeping from my current system is

i7-7700K
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe

and a few random Hard drives/SSD's

The Case I like is the Thermaltake Core V21, I like it cause its small but big enough for my 1080ti and I want some room for Hard drives and cooling. I mainly use this rig for Gaming and Watching videos, etc

Corsair Hydro Series H60 - For cooler this or a heat sink/fan not sure yet

I am looking at the Gigabyte Z390 M but it says its for the 8th & 9th gen i7. I like it because of 2 M.2. slots, 4 ram slots (want 32gb total eventually) and seems well built Gigabyte is usaly good for me

Also nor sure of what PSU to use i have a 1200watt PSU atm its kinda old just want to get a new one I think a 600watt PSU would be good enough right? lol Sorry not into PC hardware as I used to be 10-15 years ago, seems ive forgot some simple stuff lol any help would be great!! actualy kinda excited to be building my first smaller PC lol

You are better off selling your cpu and mobo and getting something current. Z270 ITX boards are hard to find and often over priced.

I had the V21 for a year and its a good case but its not small in any sense.

If you're going to spend the time and money and effort to go small, then go for a real sff system like the Ncase M1. If you just want to save space on the desktop, there are many good MATX options with a smaller footprint than the V21

Last edited:
well dam really hard to find a motherboard for the 7700k lol. I really dont want to build a whole new system because my next system going to go all out on a AMD system, maybe end of next year

I did find this ASRock B250-HDV

Will keep looking

and as for the case Needs to fit my 1080ti and having the motherboard to lay flat is 2 the reasons I'm looking at the V21, but still looking at other case's

Check out Sliger. They ARE pricey but I have two Cerberus X cases and worth every penny. Made here in the USA as well of that matters to you. I enjoy supporting 'local' businesses where possible.

The SM series are really nice for smaller builds and can accommodate full sized GPUs and CLCs.

http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/

Reactions: Savi
like this
oooo those are some nice case's, did not know of Sliger you were right about the price lol but the Cerberus X really looks nice, think ill go with this instead of tracking down a microatx motherboard for my 7700k and just use this case for my next pc to lol

Back