Control crash - 12900K - maybe xmp not stable?

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

I have Windows 10 installed the newest version. Today i run for more time Control and it crashed to desktop. App error in event logs:rlmdwin10 dll. No driver crash.
Should i turn off xmp to check again or it was one off? I am running game again to see if it crashes again. rl_rmdwin10_f.dll as fault in event viewer
Cpu and gpu is on stock. Only XMP on 3600 in gear 1.

Last edited:
First, check to see if the RAM/Memory controller is set to 1T command rate. If it is, set it to 2T. Alder Lake is usually very difficult to stabilize with 1t command rate.

2nd, update to the latest bios.

If you still have issues, you may need to give the CPU's memory controller a small voltage bump
If that doesn't work, then you may need to give the RAM a small voltage bump.

Last edited:
It happen once after playing Cyberpunk 2077 i think coincedence. Testing now again and no crashing for long time. Weird.

Ok i made HCI MEMTEST for now. 1225 mb each instance. 24 instances like 24 threads. 800% no errors

Last edited:
Ok i made HCI MEMTEST for now. 1225 mb each instance. 24 instances like 24 threads. 800% no errors. But today crashed second time after 30 minutes. What can be wrong?

Seasonic 1300W Platinum Prime Px

today crashed second time after 30 minutes. What can be wrong?

rl_rmdwin10_f.dll as fault in event viewer <--- the same

0xc0000005

3dmark,ramtests,other games runs fine.

dont know if is any sense to mess in bios for that. Or maybe update to win 11?

Just do what is suggested. Get a prebuilt pc with a service plan through an OEM.

edited: had coffee now.
What you need to do is stop messing with it so much. You are looking for problems which probably is something you need to learnt to deal with. Coming here and asking the same questions over and over and then not doing anything that is suggested just makes you look like a troll trying to get the post count up.

Try to walk away from it for a week and clear your head before you just end up on so many peoples ignore lists that no one will even answer you anymore.

Last edited:
Just do what is suggested. Get a prebuilt pc with a service plan through an OEM.

edited: had coffee now.
What you need to do is stop messing with it so much. You are looking for problems which probably is something you need to learnt to deal with. Coming here and asking the same questions over and over and then not doing anything that is suggested just makes you look like a troll trying to get the post count up.

Try to walk away from it for a week and clear your head before you just end up on so many peoples ignore lists that no one will even answer you anymore.
The amount of money he spends on upgrading and still coming back with the same problems is tiresome.

Maybe it's the Polish Power in your wall sockets that is wonky and like myself, you should invest in a quality UPS w/actual AVR, maybe even go the extra mile and get a full double-conversion unit that basically makes you invulnerable to line issues.

disabling the E-cores in the bios is easy. I do it often for gaming, because the P cores don't have to share cache with the E-cores.

I would reset all OC including XMP profile. My RAM and X99 platform do not like XMP changes for some reason. I also recommend resetting CPU OC, my COD games crash if I overclock the GPU. Rest of games are fine with OC.

Ninja edited and re-opened :D

Zrzut ekranu 2022-05-23 185723.jpg

Ok win 11 installed. Have more gpu usage drops and fps are maybe -5 less. But testing now if not crash or crash.

Already told you, your only fix is getting a Nintendo Switch. Just go get a switch, a copy of a BOTW, and stop worrying.

Back