Constant crashing at Taiga - Rtx 3090

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi. I have a question about Metro Exodus, Taiga level.

When i met first enemies on taiga level, on 1 camp, i am getting constant freezing/crashing. . All i can do is ctrl alt delete and kill process. Happens every 3-4 minutes after i met first enemies.I can reproduce every time when i am there.
Event log NOT SHOW display driver crash or any app crash. Just game is hang.
When i leave that area and left game running ,fine no hangs.

Must be game bugged? Its ridiciolous.

Its not gpu issue because on other games and benchmarks all is stable for HOURS. Also its fine when i leave that area with enemies then its not hanging also.

I have Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming stock OC, 10850K 4800mhz,32 GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP.
In other games or benchmarks never had any single crash. Uninstall ?

PS:
Left running game in DLC Sams Story no HANGS. Must be that level Taiga bugged.

Last edited:
Again?

Attachments

• get help.gif
    get help.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
When i met first enemies on taiga level, on 1 camp, i am getting constant freezing/crashing. . All i can do is ctrl alt delete and kill process. Happens every 3-4 minutes after i met first enemies.I can reproduce every time when i am there. When i go to other place is fine no crashing. Happens always on first camp with enemies.
The same thing was happening on my previously pc with other parts. So i doubt its again hardware issue?

Event log not show display driver crash or any app crash. Just game is hang.
Nothing is overclocked, only XMP profile.I tried with disabled Afterburner but the same.

I have Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming stock OC, 108500K 4800mhz,32 GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP.
In other games or benchmarks never had any single crash. What i must to do?

I asked in steam forum dudes with rtx 3090 and they are crash free on that place.

Sounds like an issue with the game, not the video card. I know there was a bug with save games early on. I don't know if they ever fixed it. I would disable any overlays you have turned on, especially any GeForce Experience features like Ansel and Freestyle. You can also try the good old verify integrity of files in Steam. If you have it on Epic or Microsoft Store, I can't help you.

I uninstalled GF experience also turned off msi afterburner and freezing hanging only on that area. Even i tried starting level from beggining.

literally i cant past that place because its hanging only there lol

Last edited:
I uninstalled GF experience also turned off msi afterburner and freezing hanging only on that area. Even i tried starting level from beggining.

literally i cant past that place because its hanging only there lol
Games typically nope out when there is a memory reference that is pointing to something that either is corrupt or not there, so I would either verify the game's files or wholesale reinstall the game and see if that fixes it.

Looking online it seems like there is a routine or something missing in the enemy AI for when you're detected going through that area. Try to not be detected and don't use decoy to get through the area. You can come back later.

Games typically nope out when there is a memory reference that is pointing to something that either is corrupt or not there, so I would either verify the game's files or wholesale reinstall the game and see if that fixes it.

Looking online it seems like there is a routine or something missing in the enemy AI for when you're detected going through that area. Try to not be detected and don't use decoy to get through the area. You can come back later.
I doubt reinstall will help because the same thing happened on my previous pc heh. But must be game issue it not hangs when i am not spotted by enemies yes.

Resolved: I past that place in sneaking without fight and no hangs. Its the game. But thx. This game looks ugly with DLSS lol

Last edited:
I doubt reinstall will help because the same thing happened on my previous pc heh. But must be game issue it not hangs when i am not spotted by enemies yes.

Resolved: I past that place in sneaking without fight and no hangs. Its the game. But thx. This game looks ugly with DLSS lol
DLSS is poor in this game because it is still using the original version. The developers are working on a free update of the game that will integrate DLSS 2.0 and more/improved ray tracing effects that will come out later in the summer. Hopefully they will also address all the AI issues the game has.

Happening hang when i am spotted by enemy in Taiga still. When sneaking without spotted no hang.
Its not acceptable.So its the game?

32 gigs of DDR4-4800? Call me crazy, but I would start looking there. Not all CPUs can handle that memory speed without tweaking.

ok happened again with new drivers.Always when i am fightning on taiga.Any ideas why that happens?I see few youtube gameplays and not freezing issue during fight in taiga on rtx cards.

ok happened again with new drivers.Always when i am fightning on taiga.Any ideas why that happens?I see few youtube gameplays and not freezing issue during fight in taiga on rtx cards.
I gave you the answer above. Nothing has changed since then. It is an issue with the game, not the video card or driver. Maybe the issue will be fixed in the Enhanced Edition that comes out Thursday.

Bill Gates personally is causing the crash. Drop an unmarked envelope containing $48.72 into the nearest USPS drop box. It will be delivered to him by an albino heron in 4-8 business days. Once he receives it he'll enter unilateral talks with the World Trade Organization where he will encourage the developers to think about releasing a patch to fix this directly to your PC. There is a 30% chance that this fixes 50% of the issue in the next 7-12 weeks.

I gave you the answer above. Nothing has changed since then. It is an issue with the game, not the video card or driver. Maybe the issue will be fixed in the Enhanced Edition that comes out Thursday.
That will be worth to check Enhanced edition maybe they will resolved this?

9:54 this guy getting the same freeze on this place.

Last edited:
Playing Metro Exodus graphic is normal of course. But yesterday i left game running when i go to sleep. When i woke up all lightning change colours to more black and darker. I mean shadows was more darker than normal. I restarted game and its fine again.

It was game issue or my gpu? I have newest nvidia driver.

Playing Metro Exodus graphic is normal of course. But yesterday i left game running when i go to sleep. When i woke up all lightning change colours to more black and darker. I mean shadows was more darker than normal. I restarted game and its fine again.

It was game issue or my gpu? I have newest nvidia driver.
The game has a day/night cycle if I recall. Maybe that is what you are noticing?

Close game before going to sleep, problem solved.
it not happened again i was tryin to reproduce . So i go to sleep again and its was fine. So nothing to worry about? <last question>

<yes game has day/night cycle but it was something with lightning it was darker than normal>

oki :) i am closing topic , all fine. Waiting for releasing Enhacement Edition tommorow 6 may ! :) Thanks

You are right propably pendragon1 i mean all shadows was darker than normal. And rest of textures was a little greyed. But like you said propably in game effect. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys .. Update. Tested 20 minutes Enhanced Edition in Taiga on first camp with enemies no crashing finally. All stable.So good graphic and thx for helping me here.

Last edited:
Back