Computer boots to Windows, no video signal

AshG

n00b
Last night I turned my system off as normal. Asus Strix x570, R5 something, gigabyte 970 video card. She's been rock solid for months.

This morning I get up to remote teach (college professor, remote class day) and the computer boots but the monitor keeps telling me there's no video signal. I can type my PIN and get into Windows and navigate by keyboard to confirm mostly everything is working, but no video signal.

I try booting to bios, no video signal. Board codes are coming up fine.

The led panel on the side of the video card is on, as are the fans. Monitor runs fine from my MacBook.

Is there a quick and easy way to tell if it's my card or the psu? I don't have the money to spend swapping parts around. Also if you have any other suggestions I'd be glad to entertain them.

Can you boot to safe mode? Maybe a driver issue. Hardware issue can cause this too where when the GPU is initialized with the driver it won't show a picture but if you run the same GPU without a driver it will load the desktop as it's just passing through a basic vga signal.

Can you boot to safe mode? Maybe a driver issue. Hardware issue can cause this too where when the GPU is initialized with the driver it won't show a picture but if you run the same GPU without a driver it will load the desktop as it's just passing through a basic vga signal.
I think a decent precursor to this is also: does the POST/UEFI logo screen even appear?

If you reset the BIOS/UEFI, does it do anything? This recently happened to my 3400G/GTX970 linux machine, but resetting the BIOS and a few powercycles helped fix it. Dunno what on earth happened to cause it, either.

Also, tried any other outputs on the GPU? Any other inputs on the monitor (when using that same GPU)? I'm asking because I use DP for my setup (w.r.t. the linux machine), but my monitor is old enough to be annoyingly fickle with DP.

I also have an ASUS laptop, and I had a issue with network. I connect ASUS to an WIFI it only get very weak signals can not watch any video, Even I connect laptop to arouter with a paid cable account the internet speed is still very slow. This phenomenon is more serious when ASUS laptop is close to other brand of laptops. I will not buy ASUS laptop again because it has very weak network.

Now I connect my smart phone monthly data flow to ASUS. The smart phone network works, boot speed of video is very fast and i can watch video in a very good condition. But it is not very convenient sometimes

Back