Compact 12900k and 3090 build (MO-RA3)

obs

Supreme [H]ardness
Wanted a near silent build with a 3090 and 12900k and a small footprint. Ended up going with a MO-RA3 on the ground for cooling. A few things I didn't like or do differently. Active backplate is a huge pain as it makes removing the gpu difficult. I need to remove the CPU block if I want to push the PCI release lever down. It also prevented me from using the built in M.2 cooler. I put a 3rd party one on it but it runs around 45C. The other M.2 installed below the GPU runs around 34C.

2nd, not a fan of EK 90 Quantum Torque fittings. They look nice, but are super easy to unscrew. During filling, while moving the case around to get air bubbles out it unscrewed slightly and leaked. Not a huge deal as it was easy to clean up and the system wasn't powered but I would much prefer a 90 with the compression fitting build in.

Computer is extremely quiet even under load. Running pumps @ 3200 RPM, rad fans at 600 RPM, and case fans at 25% PWM.

Parts
CPU: Intel i9-12900k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
GPU: NVIDIA 3090 FE
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5-5600 RGB
Case: Sliger Cerberus X
PSU: Corsair SF750

Watercooling
EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3090 Full Metal with Active Backplate
EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB - 1700 Full Nickel
EK 10/16 ZMT tubing
Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO black
Watercool MO-RA3 420 D5-DUALTOP Module
Watercool HEATKILLER Tube 150
Aquacomputer D5 Next x2
Noctua NF-A20 200mm Fans x4
Koolance QD3 quick release

20220123_195138163_iOS.jpg

20220123_195230095_iOS.jpg

20220123_195302204_iOS.jpg

20220123_195319768_iOS.jpg

Looks good! I use a mora as well with four of those Noctua fans. Tell me you have some quick disconnects between the MORA and the computer??

Looks good! I use a mora as well with four of those Noctua fans. Tell me you have some quick disconnects between the MORA and the computer??
Yea, went with Koolance QD3s. They work really well.

Looks very nice. Those 200mm fans really throw off the scale of everything :p

I've toyed with the idea of buying a couple of MORA 420's and running a couple long tubes to another room, to make my office dead silent.

I was going to go with the 9x 140mm version though I think.

Can you mount fans on both sides of these, or is it a single sided mount only?

I've toyed with the idea of buying a couple of MORA 420's and running a couple long tubes to another room, to make my office dead silent.

The Pro versions of the MORAs come with fan mounts for both sides. Non-pro versions can but request an additional purchase.

obs, nice build! I have a MORA-3 as well on the ground, it's a beast!

If possible, can you show me the back of your MORA, where you're mounting things? I see you mounted up your reservoir on the side. I have it mounted on the side too, but it's in the center as opposed to up higher. I'd like to see how you mounted it.

obs, nice build! I have a MORA-3 as well on the ground, it's a beast!

If possible, can you show me the back of your MORA, where you're mounting things? I see you mounted up your reservoir on the side. I have it mounted on the side too, but it's in the center as opposed to up higher. I'd like to see how you mounted it.
Used a few 90s and the Barrow 41-69mm aqua link fittings to hook up the pumps.

20220125_161545209_iOS.jpg

Seems really nice, how much did all the watercooling stuff cost?
Too much...

GPU Block: $340
GPU Backplate: $246
CPU Block: $161
MO-RA3 & accessories: $325
Pump top: $138
Reservoir + Mount: $90
Pumps: $290
200mm Fans: $150
Fittings & Tubing: $180
Coolant: $30

Mine was really expensive. I don't remember exactly how much, but I think it was over $1k?

nice but that is not compact at all...
you getting like 5c over ambient?
True, compact for ATX though if you ignore the mo-ra3. Coolant temp hovers around 30C under load before going through the rad so about 10C over ambient. Will install a temp sensor coming out of the rad eventually.

You could drill some holes in the wall for the tubing to pass through. PC stays with you on the desk, the rad and fans are in the next room.

Or put everything on the next room and pass some cables for USB, DP/HDMI and etc. through the wall. Total silence.

Holy crap, that's sexy! I always loved the MO-RA3 rads. I was thinking of building a new rig using a MM case with a MO-RA3 rad. I remember seeing a build using dual rads.

Too much...

GPU Block: $340
GPU Backplate: $246
CPU Block: $161
MO-RA3 & accessories: $325
Pump top: $138
Reservoir + Mount: $90
Pumps: $290
200mm Fans: $150
Fittings & Tubing: $180
Coolant: $30
Nice setup. It is ridiculous that EK charges almost 600 for that block and backplate(do not care if its active.) This is why EK is struggling. Dont get me wrong, I like the blocks and your setup.

Back