Com Ports for Ender 3 V2 connection issues

TB03830

n00b
I put a new all metal Hot End on my Ender 3 V2 and it went on great. I noticed that the temp was bouncing above and below the set point a bit so I wanted to Auto Tune the PID. Seems easy but...

I am using Simplify 3D and it is simple to do but of the 6 Windows 10 Computers I have none of them will connect with the computer through a Com Port. Ether the Com Port is not there at all or the Comport will not connect or show it has no printer hooked to it.

What Am I missing here. Do I need an update, or a file or what or am I screwed?

Attachments

• Com Port 1.png
    Com Port 1.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
What is the com port set to? Baud rate and such. The port and the software must be in agreement. Also, is the a USB serial device? an I/O card? I see the yellow bang in the device manager for a USB serial device.

yeah you kinda need to have your com port working for it to see the printer. get the drivers for it sorted, software installed, port and rate matched and it should show up.

I just Emailed Creality for windows drivers if there are such things. The Baud rate is right but it does not see the Com Ports at all prior to that. They are USB ports. No Yellow bang on the one I can see and it does not talk to the printer at all.

I just Emailed Creality for windows drivers if there are such things. The Baud rate is right but it does not see the Com Ports at all prior to that. They are USB ports. No Yellow bang on the one I can see and it does not talk to the printer at all.
did you install the driver/software for it first or just plugged it in(serial)?

No drivers at all provided so.... I just plugged it in with mini USB and USB to my computer and Simplify 3D on the computer.

Did your computer tell you that a usb device was plugged in?

You need to install the USB to serial adapter.

Right click on it and go to hardware id that'll tell you what it is.

Probably a CH341SER or CH340SER

it needs a driver and even then it may not work. took 3 tries to get one that works with some goofy setup at my work. where did you get it? go into the properties for the one with the ! and get the hardware id. google and see what comes up for drivers.

Emailed Creality for the drivers if they exist. I got it from Amazon so....

Did your computer tell you that a usb device was plugged in?

You need to install the USB to serial adapter.

Right click on it and go to hardware id that'll tell you what it is.

Probably a CH341SER or CH340SER
This is the answer.

One of those two drivers will work. Creality does not provide them easily and their customer service will be no help.

OP needs to find them. I don’t have a link handy. I had to do the same when I was initially doing some work on mine.

OP- as far as the temp bouncing, are you sure your temp sensor is working properly and secured properly on the Hot end?

Last edited:
Just autotune your hotend from gcode

https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M303.html

Load the gcode line into a .gcode file and toss it on your sdcard, run it from the system menu. Then when it is done, store settings and good to go.

Use whatever temp you like for S230. I use 250 since i print abs, so i picked 230 for you for an inbetween. Best to pick the temp you print with.

Make one file
autotuneE0.gcode
M303 E0 C8 S230

Another file
save_load_rom.gcode
M500
M501

I will do that next. I want it ti tell me what it likes. but I will use the 230-250 range.

Back