Cloning NVME PCIe3 to NVME PCIe4

Interesting that the one person saying cloning SSDs was impossible is now a deleted member. Maybe he did take my advice to move on... ;) :D

Interesting that the one person saying cloning SSDs was impossible is now a deleted member. Maybe he did take my advice to move on... ;) :D
i dont even remember who it was now, guess not that important...

The only time I've ever had problems cloning things manually with dd was when I moved from old style MBR to UEFI booting.

Old SATA SSD used traditional booting, but new NVME SSD required EFI booting. I remember it being a pain in the buttocks to get it working again, and I can't remember what I did, but I googled it and found something.

Old SATA SSD used traditional booting, but new NVME SSD required EFI booting. I remember it being a pain in the buttocks to get it working again, and I can't remember what I did, but I googled it and found something.
yeah, there is a command line you can run through a install usb that will convert from legacy to uefi. done it a few times, even last week, and its simple. takes a few minutes and your good.

Back