Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Weeeee!

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Phantasy Star II - August 2020

ps2_3.jpgPS2_2.jpgps2_4.png

For all of you who remember this masterpiece on the Sega Genesis, what are you favorite memories from it?

Artwork, music, story depth were all top notch for the time. Coming all on a 6mb cart! This was HUGE for its day.

You could travel to different planets and such.

Amazing JRPG. If you have never played it do so now!

They killed off one of the main characters?!?!

In 2005 Sega made a remake of the game for the Playstation 2 with updated graphics, storyline, combat system, and sound.

You can get it on just about any modern console, even steam has it available.
Steam Link

https://segaxtreme.net

I remember loving that game. I'd played the various RPG's on the NES, but that game was light years beyond any of them. Every weapon had a slightly different look and sound effect, which was pretty revolutionary at the time. The music was top notch and also among the best.
After playing that game I actually went out and bought the Genesis/Master System "Power Base Converter" so I could play the original. While a technical step back, I really liked it a lot, too.
However, Phantasy Star 3 suuuuucked. 4 cost something like $85 and was a return to form, although it was awfully short to cost so damn much.

Never heard of this game. Of course the sega logo explains it all. Console gaming didn't penetrate the eastern bloc until psx. The first sega console I actually saw in action was the dreamcast.

I was hardcore into jrpg back in the day. That said I never liked or could get into Phantasy Star games.

Back